You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Pulver_2016

LittleWhiteMouse is right about win rate...

12 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
504 posts
5,910 battles

Kudos to her.... 

Individual players can control it. Using most of the methods that are lidted in her post have changed my win rate from 44% to +47%. 

All my other stats have improved, also. Well, maybe not all. I am shooting more into smoke and over islands, so my accuracy may be a little off. And I have given up on BBs. 

How to control your win rate

• Cool 6

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,423 battles

Very nice! Good on you. Keep up the good work - setting goals and achieving them is always commendable.

• Cool 1

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,885 posts
8,166 battles

First

Ensign Pulver, The Robert Walker one or the Jack Lemon one?

Second

Little White Mouse Rocks.

[SYN]
Members
504 posts
5,910 battles
4 hours ago, StingRayOne said:

First

Ensign Pulver, The Robert Walker one or the Jack Lemon one?

Second

Little White Mouse Rocks.

Jack Lemmon, 

Mister Roberts is one of my all-time favorite WW2 movies. That and The Caine Mutiny. I quite enjoyed the audio book version of The Caine Mutiny also.

Captain Morton and Captain Queeg were alike in a lot of respects. The two stories simply had different solutions for the conflict.

And a second for the second

Edited by Ensign_Pulver_2016
  • Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,025 posts
7,604 battles

Congratulations on that wonderful bit of improvement.  You should feel very proud of turning your win rate over like that.  +1

[SYN]
Members
504 posts
5,910 battles
2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Congratulations on that wonderful bit of improvement.  You should feel very proud of turning your win rate over like that.  +1

Thank you for the tips. 

With all the "MM being rigged" threads, the tips that you gave actually covered the how to improve. Not that I have gotten to above-average, since this is the only gaming that I have ever done since failing at pinball in HS. 

[BBC]
Members
355 posts
3,003 battles
On 8/30/2017 at 6:28 AM, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

Kudos to her.... 

Individual players can control it. Using most of the methods that are lidted in her post have changed my win rate from 44% to +47%. 

All my other stats have improved, also. Well, maybe not all. I am shooting more into smoke and over islands, so my accuracy may be a little off. And I have given up on BBs. 

How to control your win rate

I dont even know how anyone can argue with this.

If you add to your team as a whole every game, its true you cannot win them all, but you increase your odds amazingly. If you try an experiment and simply make sure you play in the middle of the pack in BBs, not far back sniping like the other tool bags, and not Yoloing and eating torps alone, most players simply by positioning themselves will become 50% players.

This game really is about positioning about 70% of the time. 

Just try to get your BB in the mid pack. And if you do these 2 more things you will be 52% in no time.

1. Keep your eyes open for other BBs or cruisers who are taking a beating and dying and try to step in and share the DMG

2. Focusing down enemies and finishing them. Be the kill stealer for your team. It sounds funny but in WOWS leaving enemies alive is far more dangerous than in other games. Number one spotting is so different enemy with 1 HP is as dangerous as a scout as a player with 100%. And lastly a BB esp with fire DMG who was almost dead will come back 80% and you basically will fight 2 BBs by not finishing 1. And once you start getting obsessed with focusing enemies down you will see just how ADD and scattered the average pub team is.

90% the reason Purple Divis can win 85-90% in this game is they finish targets 1 by 1 and they share DMG when one is in trouble so there buddy can heal up and come back. 

So go try BBs again. They are the most powerful ship right now because they can finish targets in a flash, and they naturally dont have many predators, where things like Cruisers are murdered by BBs and easily lit by CVs and DDs who get them murdered.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,201 posts
4,521 battles

I can control by simply not anything other than BBs. If you control your win rate by doing what she says you end with the current state of the game where you have everyone playing incredibly passive and only playing BBs.

Edited by GreyFox78659

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,127 posts
10,000 battles

I am finding to my disappointment that I am not as good in BBs as I am in destroyers and cruisers. I'll keep at it. I have not been doing well at the overall WR, although my average damage per match and XP per match are both improving.

I have been staying steadier in games by reminding myself that there is always another game in 20 minute or less and another opportunity to get better. 

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
On 8/30/2017 at 1:09 PM, LittleWhiteMouse said:

My win rate quest has stalled for the moment as I work up higher in the tiers, but I can see my *other* stats improve, the ones that will let me influence the win rate more later, I think.  

[SYN]
Members
504 posts
5,910 battles
15 hours ago, SFC_Storm said:

So go try BBs again. They are the most powerful ship right now because they can finish targets in a flash, and they naturally dont have many predators, where things like Cruisers are murdered by BBs and easily lit by CVs and DDs who get them murdered.

I am starting to work on DDs. Especially the torpedo DDs. I received a Gallant in an SC and have been using it to some success. Server average win rate. Now, I want to work up one of the Japanese DD lines. It is a lot of fun, to me, to be able to ghost the whole game and keep sending torps at the BBs attempting to flank. When only one or two BBs make a push away from CL support, they really leave themselves open to torpedo attack, and eventually, some of the torps will hit their marks.

I do more damage than I do sinkings, for now. I hope to get better at the ambushes and working in closer. I have noticed that I am able to get somewhat closer after only about fifty games in DDs,