You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
stockmankrause

I am not happy i mean wth is going on?Warspite premium.

26 comments in this topic

Members
779 posts
6,186 battles

I am very very unhappy right now.

I was in my warspite the other day brawling close up n personal and the enemy cv attacked me which is fair enough but i got hit by all the enemy could throw at me including bombs and torps in which i died thats all fine i was fighting the entire planet of enemy ships lol.

Anyhow last night before bed i took out my warspite and i had just left spawn only just the enemy cv attacked me with 2 planes and game was over for me at the start of the battle i had no chance to evade or fight back the planes was so fast.

This is unfair very new and very unwanted ,how can wg make a cv so powerful?

My warspite was utterly crippled at battle start and that is unfair when i cannot defend said attack please explain.

That certain cv attack needs a big nerf.

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,938 battles

Welcome to the world of RNG and WASD hacks.  Sometimes you get hit, sometimes you don't.

But if you were sailing off alone, you're a prime target for a CV attack.

Members
779 posts
6,186 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Welcome to the world of RNG and WASD hacks.  Sometimes you get hit, sometimes you don't.

But if you were sailing off alone, you're a prime target for a CV attack.

So you want me to hang back with the other potatoes in bbs ???????i would rather uninstall the game this cv attack was overpowered to the extreme and im guessing its all greed?A cash grab?

If im made to play my game a certain way  due to overpowered cvs i would rather quit the game.

Some damage is fair from bombs in game but full damage from 1 attack is not ever fair or wanted.

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,563 battles

CVs are underpowered, they need moar buffs. Also, don't sail your Warspite right now, cv missions are out.

• Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
8 minutes ago, stockmankrause said:

So you want me to hang back with the other potatoes in bbs ???????i would rather uninstall the game this cv attack was overpowered to the extreme and im guessing its all greed?A cash grab?

If im made to play my game a certain way  due to overpowered cvs i would rather quit the game.

Some damage is fair from bombs in game but full damage from 1 attack is not ever fair or wanted.

A lot in life is neither fair or wanted . So I guess you will have to deal with it ; overcome and adapt .

:Smile_honoring:

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,938 battles
9 minutes ago, stockmankrause said:

First of all, what CV are you speaking of?  Kaga?

Also, any good CV player knows Warspite AA is pretty weak, so if you get isolated without AA support, you won't have much of a chance regardless of what ship you're in.

Members
779 posts
6,186 battles
13 minutes ago, FayFay731 said:

CVs are underpowered, they need moar buffs. Also, don't sail your Warspite right now, cv missions are out.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Also, any good CV player knows Warspite AA is pretty weak, so if you get isolated without AA support, you won't have much of a chance regardless of what ship you're in.

The cv thats causing me issues is the enterprise cv with some kind of nuclear bomb attack planes that are as fast as jets?

[OPG]
Supertester
1,882 posts
9,984 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Guessing from the OP comment about bombs and 1 strike deletion of their Warspite, I would guess they were the victim of Enterprise AP bombs + RNG saying all citadel hits.

@OP no one is saying don't move up.  What they are saying is don't go it alone.  When facing a CV especially high tier CV in a bottom tier BB, you need to make sure that you are well within friendly AA bubbles, preferably multiple overlapping bubbles, especially at least one ship known for good AA and/or defensive fire. It is sort of the same rule as never sail straight when you know long range torps could be inbound.  

Members
779 posts
6,186 battles
3 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Guessing from the OP comment about bombs and 1 strike deletion of their Warspite, I would guess they were the victim of Enterprise AP bombs + RNG saying all citadel hits.

@OP no one is saying don't move up.  What they are saying is don't go it alone.  When facing a CV especially high tier CV in a bottom tier BB, you need to make sure that you are well within friendly AA bubbles, preferably multiple overlapping bubbles, especially at least one ship known for good AA and/or defensive fire. It is sort of the same rule as never sail straight when you know long range torps could be inbound.  

Rather uninstall the game.

[OPG]
Supertester
1,882 posts
9,984 battles
2 minutes ago, stockmankrause said:

Rather uninstall the game.

You said you rather uninstall the game then hang in the back.  Now you are saying you rather uninstall the game rather than play near teammates?   If you don't play near your destroyers how do you get smoke or defend them from enemy cruisers?  If you don't play near your cruisers how do get their defense against enemy destroyers, or how do you use their high RoF to finish off ships you drop down to almost dead so you don't waste a high value slow firing BB salvo on a near dead ship?  If you don't play near allied battleships how do you deal with 2 tier higher enemy battleships that decide to make you their target?  

Members
779 posts
6,186 battles
1 minute ago, SyndicatedINC said:

You said you rather uninstall the game then hang in the back.  Now you are saying you rather uninstall the game rather than play near teammates?   If you don't play near your destroyers how do you get smoke or defend them from enemy cruisers?  If you don't play near your cruisers how do get their defense against enemy destroyers, or how do you use their high RoF to finish off ships you drop down to almost dead so you don't waste a high value slow firing BB salvo on a near dead ship?  If you don't play near allied battleships how do you deal with 2 tier higher enemy battleships that decide to make you their target?  

I use my warspite to cap same as i do in my dds.

I have equiped my bbs to cope with cap situations.

Before this worked very well but this new cv is op for me.

[OPG]
Supertester
1,882 posts
9,984 battles
5 minutes ago, stockmankrause said:

I use my warspite to cap same as i do in my dds.

I have equiped my bbs to cope with cap situations.

Before this worked very well but this new cv is op for me.

Understood, but there are three important points here:

1- You are using your BB in an unintended role (admirable, but not intended thus not something that WG is going to make sure mechanics support)

2- The CV is a hard counter to the BB 

3- The hard counter ship is also 2 tiers higher than the ship it counters

To put that into another example the hard counter to the cruiser is the BB.  A T8 premium USN BB Alabama (aka the T8 premium USN CV in your situation), will delete a T6 premium UKish CL Perth (aka the T6 premium UK BB in your situation) in a single salvo about as often as the Enterprise will delete a Warspite in a single sortie.  The cruiser's only option is to hide and not be an easy target, from an enemy that triples its own range.  If it is spotted and attacked, most of the time it is dead, sometimes from as few as 2 shell hits total.  The same holds true for an Enterprise vs Warspite. 

Hard counters 2 tiers higher than your ship are either something one plays around by altering one's playstyle that match, or one risks getting deleted by it.  

Members
779 posts
6,186 battles
2 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Understood, but there are three important points here:

1- You are using your BB in an unintended role (admirable, but not intended thus not something that WG is going to make sure mechanics support)

2- The CV is a hard counter to the BB 

3- The hard counter ship is also 2 tiers higher than the ship it counters

To put that into another example the hard counter to the cruiser is the BB.  A T8 premium USN BB Alabama (aka the T8 premium USN CV in your situation), will delete a T6 premium UKish CL Perth (aka the T6 premium UK BB in your situation) in a single salvo about as often as the Enterprise will delete a Warspite in a single sortie.  The cruiser's only option is to hide and not be an easy target, from an enemy that triples its own range.  If it is spotted and attacked, most of the time it is dead, sometimes from as few as 2 shell hits total.  The same holds true for an Enterprise vs Warspite. 

Hard counters 2 tiers higher than your ship are either something one plays around by altering one's playstyle that match, or one risks getting deleted by it.  

Thank you i understand what you are saying but 1 point you got wrong is the enterprise is same as saipan at tier 7.

I will adjust until the bombs get balanced some thanks again for the advice.

I will try and be more aware of this op cv in battle.

Members
821 posts
3,887 battles
1 hour ago, stockmankrause said:

I am very very unhappy right now.

I was in my warspite the other day brawling close up n personal and the enemy cv attacked me which is fair enough but i got hit by all the enemy could throw at me including bombs and torps in which i died thats all fine i was fighting the entire planet of enemy ships lol.

Anyhow last night before bed i took out my warspite and i had just left spawn only just the enemy cv attacked me with 2 planes and game was over for me at the start of the battle i had no chance to evade or fight back the planes was so fast.

This is unfair very new and very unwanted ,how can wg make a cv so powerful?

My warspite was utterly crippled at battle start and that is unfair when i cannot defend said attack please explain.

That certain cv attack needs a big nerf.

Use that crazy defensive fire mod (along with the proper specs)they got for the Warspite, CV's will  leave you alone once you take out a squadron or two real fast.  Now against high tier planes not sure how effective that is . Enterprise DB's are particularly wicked 

Also learn to recognize and work with AA ships and also your CV's for cover. And don't stand out asking to get hit either

Edited by Strachwitz666

Members
779 posts
6,186 battles
Just now, Strachwitz666 said:

Use that crazy defensive fire mod (along with the proper specs)they got for the Warspite, CV's will  leave you alone once you take out a squadron or two real fast.

?

Members
821 posts
3,887 battles
9 minutes ago, stockmankrause said:

?

Warspite can be spec'ed out for AA , and using a defensive mod, it gets a really high AA rating  (96? 172? I forget)

within like 2 KM(1.6, 1.8 , 2 something like that)  of the ship.

Look at LWM's review for the ship

The Warspit had an (experimental) CWS , using rockets , that the game assume to be super-effective,  however they were total dud in real life. 

With these rocket launcher Warspit has a very high AA rating close in if armed with these , and it is Quadrupled IIRC when a defensive fire is used

Edited by Strachwitz666

Members
779 posts
6,186 battles
Just now, Strachwitz666 said:

Warspite can be spec'ed out for AA , and using a defensive mod, it gets a really high AA rating  (96? 172? I forget)

Ok thanks but i cannot do that in any form.Im fully equiped for capping and anti dd work.

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,891 battles

Wow, well first off you need to learn how to write, it was quite painful to read your post.  Secondly, you might want to learn how BBs work and how to keep your ship changing in direction and speed.  You're so-called unfairness is just the result of rookie mistakes on your part and a skilled CV player.  The CVs especially at that tier are not overpowered or impossible to counter.  Learn your game instead of raging on the forums.

[OPG]
Supertester
1,882 posts
9,984 battles
15 minutes ago, stockmankrause said:

Thank you i understand what you are saying but 1 point you got wrong is the enterprise is same as saipan at tier 7.

I will adjust until the bombs get balanced some thanks again for the advice.

I will try and be more aware of this op cv in battle.

Not sure what you mean by same as saipan at T7.  Saipan has T9 planes, Enterprise has T7 planes, but Saipan gets T7 MM while Enterprise gets T8 MM.  They are both equally OP in their own way when top tier, but the Enterprise AP bombers are more influenced by enemy defensive fire.

Good luck! 

3 minutes ago, Strachwitz666 said:

You are confusing the Hood and the Warspite.  The warspite AA is actually rather lackluster AND it can not equip defensive fire consumable.

Members
821 posts
3,887 battles
37 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Not sure what you mean by same as saipan at T7.  Saipan has T9 planes, Enterprise has T7 planes, but Saipan gets T7 MM while Enterprise gets T8 MM.  They are both equally OP in their own way when top tier, but the Enterprise AP bombers are more influenced by enemy defensive fire.

Good luck! 

You are confusing the Hood and the Warspite.  The warspite AA is actually rather lackluster AND it can not equip defensive fire consumable.

Thank you, you are correct. Just woke up , sveral RL distractions ATM

[OPG]
Supertester
1,882 posts
9,984 battles
29 minutes ago, Strachwitz666 said:

Thank you, you are correct. Just woke up , sveral RL distractions ATM

Need....coffee...now.... :cap_tea:

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
2 hours ago, stockmankrause said:

Ok thanks but i cannot do that in any form.Im fully equiped for capping and anti dd work.

Well that is *your* choice, and you are finding the price for that choice.  That leaves you with a new choice.  Live with it, adapt, or quit.  Coming here and demanding nerfs is not an option.

Members
779 posts
6,186 battles
42 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

Well that is *your* choice, and you are finding the price for that choice.  That leaves you with a new choice.  Live with it, adapt, or quit.  Coming here and demanding nerfs is not an option.

If i equip any ship for aa work the mm will not give me a cv ever.It is fixed by wg.

[LWA]
Members
604 posts
8,725 battles

There were plenty a times when a cruisers get nuked by a battleship in the beginning of the game and at a great distance.....I am quite sure you have done that to other players.  To them that is "unfair".  You getting nuked like you did is a rare occurrence so don't get all bent out of shape. 

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
41 minutes ago, stockmankrause said:

If i equip any ship for aa work the mm will not give me a cv ever.It is fixed by wg.

Then why are you complaining about getting one-shotted by Enterprise?  That must not have happened if it is "fixed".

You were wondering in your "where'd this iron duke come from" thread why other posters were jumping all over you?  It's because of your history of making posts like this one.

Edited by kerensky914