You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
andredr

Bellerophon

12 comments in this topic

[-TD-]
Members
15 posts
11,266 battles

Good morning to all

With this latest update (august 30, 2017), we now have the English battleships.... good for us.  But....

I can't "research" the first battleship the Bellerophon but I can research the Queen Elisabeth.  Why is that and how can I research the first battleship in line?

Thank you

andredr1949 

[-K-]
Members
5,111 posts
8,979 battles

If you got the 3 blueprint flags in the UK missions, then you already have the T3, T4, and T5 ships unlocked.  Queen Elizabeth at T6 will be the first one you have to grind.

[-TD-]
Members
15 posts
11,266 battles

Good morning Ace

I do not have the 3 blueprint flags but I do have the Iron Duke that I didn't buy and I don't understand that.  Can you help me, please?

thank u

andredr1949

[PVE]
Members
5,366 posts
17,840 battles

If you didn't get the blueprint flags as rewards for the missions, you will have to do it the old fashioned way. You need to unlock Caledon and grind her up. After all the upgrades you need 3k (I think) of xp to unlock the tier 3 battleship. You can free xp past all that if you have it but it is such a small amount I wouldn't do that, the grind up won't take very long. 

[QC_1_]
Members
127 posts
7,832 battles

Got the three free BB's... want to research QE and have about 1.5 million ship xp on my Minotaur.. wants to spend 50k FREE Xp to research QE and I am in no way going to do that.  No problem using cruiser xp to research a USN BB... so must be a bug?

[PVE]
Members
5,366 posts
17,840 battles
2 minutes ago, BobTDwarf said:

Got the three free BB's... want to research QE and have about 1.5 million ship xp on my Minotaur.. wants to spend 50k FREE Xp to research QE and I am in no way going to do that.  No problem using cruiser xp to research a USN BB... so must be a bug?

Yeah not the way it works unfortunately. You need to either grind up the Iron Duke for the QE or spend free xp to do it. You can convert your Minotaur xp to free xp with doubloons, that is up to you, but you can't do a straight research from Minotaur to QE. Look at the tech tree and it will show you with arrows which ship xp counts for which ship upgrade. In this case it is Iron Duke only. It isn't a bug, just how it all works out. 

[-TD-]
Members
15 posts
11,266 battles

Thank you all for your response.

If I understand this right, I will have to buy all cruisers from the Black Swan up to the Caledon and then I could buy the first battleship.

Can someone confirm this, pls?

thank u

andredr1949

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,479 battles
45 minutes ago, BobTDwarf said:

As was pointed out in your other thread, it isn't a bug.  Unlocking Wyoming had to be done with XP earned on St. Louis or with free XP - nothing else will work.  To research QE just play Iron Duke and use that XP to unlock it.

[PVE]
Members
5,366 posts
17,840 battles
3 minutes ago, andredr said:

Thank you all for your response.

If I understand this right, I will have to buy all cruisers from the Black Swan up to the Caledon and then I could buy the first battleship.

Can someone confirm this, pls?

thank u

andredr1949

Yes this is mostly correct. You have to unlock the Caledon then play her to get her upgrades. After she is fully upgraded you need an additional 3000 ship xp to unlock the first BB. 

Kerensky I don't think he has the blueprints to start with Iron Duke.

Edited by Taylor3006

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,479 battles
3 minutes ago, andredr said:

Correct.  Black Swan should be free.  You could probably play thru Caledon and unlock Bellerophon in a day fairly easily.

[-TD-]
Members
15 posts
11,266 battles

Thank u Taylor and Kerensky for your answer and your time

that is what I will do

Edited by andredr