Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HellaCopterRescue

Pan-Asia CAs incoming! Photo & stats of the T6 Huang He

17 comments in this topic

[MIA-A]
Supertester
505 posts
4,421 battles

21167109_1925172817809056_23821861119078

21167708_1584803524915644_65956944429302

T6 Pan-Asia Cruiser Huang He

Hit points - 24 100

Plating - 16 mm

Belt - 70 mm

Main battery - 3х2 152 mm

Firing range - 13,2 km

HE damage - 2200

AP damage - 3300

Reload time 7,5 s

180 degree turn time - 30 s

Maximum dispersion - 124 m

Sigma - 2.0.

HE and AP initial velocity - 950 m/s. Torpedo Tubes - 2х3 533 mm

Torpedo range - 8 km

Torpedo speed - 60 kt

Maximum damage - 14 400

Maximum speed - 33 kt

Turning circle radius - 570 m

Rudder shift time - 6,7 s

Surface detectability - 9,3 km

Air detectability - 6 km.

:fish_book::Smile_sceptic:

Edited by HellaCopterRescue

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,455 battles
13 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Its like a Leander, only without the citadel...

Makes sense - the Huang He is a former Arethusa class British cruiser (successor to the Leanders) so its characteristics and appearance are somewhat similar.  I believe the actual cruiser was the Aurora.

[MIA-A]
Supertester
505 posts
4,421 battles
1 minute ago, hangglide42 said:

Makes sense - the Huang He is a former Arethusa class British cruiser (successor to the Leanders) so its characteristics and appearance are somewhat similar.  I believe the actual cruiser was the Aurora.

Yep! The only thing I am worried about is that the rest of the line will be like this. Hopefully we can get some armored CA for once.

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,455 battles
1 minute ago, HellaCopterRescue said:

Yep! The only thing I am worried about is that the rest of the line will be like this. Hopefully we can get some armored CA for once.

I stongly suspect that your concern may be well founded - unfortunately many of the Pan-Asian navies thru the WWII and early post WWII period reflected in WOWS repurposed ships sold to them by more prominent Western Navies, commonly US, UK & Russian ships.  In the case of US & UK ships these were usually older or surplus ships.

The Pan-Asian DD line certainly reflects this - I think you probably are correct that a Pan-Asian Cruiser line will have a lot of renamed ships from other navies.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,356 posts
3,559 battles
26 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Its like a Leander, only without the citadel...

Yea and much better concealment..

This is a cruiser that would have a 8.5 ? km Detection rating with CE.. that is insane! 

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,404 posts
4,285 battles
2 minutes ago, HellaCopterRescue said:

There might not be a proper pan asia cruiser line to get worried about. That is going to be even more problematic than the DD line, which is made up entirely of exported/captured  foreign ships. At least I'm not aware of the US or USSR selling ROCN and PLAN a bunch of heavy cruisers after WW2 to fill a tier list.

[MIA-A]
Supertester
505 posts
4,421 battles
3 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Yea and much better concealment..

This is a cruiser that would have a 8.5 ? km Detection rating with CE.. that is insane! 

Pretty much my Perth but 100 m less.

[MIA-A]
Supertester
505 posts
4,421 battles
4 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

There might not be a proper pan asia cruiser line to get worried about. That is going to be even more problematic than the DD line, which is made up entirely of exported/captured  foreign ships. At least I'm not aware of the US or USSR selling ROCN and PLAN a bunch of heavy cruisers after WW2 to fill a tier list.

You have a good point  but wasn't there at least one freaking Asian navy that had built CA?!? 

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles
23 minutes ago, HellaCopterRescue said:

All t10 cruisers save mino have really sturdy armor when angled

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,404 posts
4,285 battles
11 minutes ago, HellaCopterRescue said:

You have a good point  but wasn't there at least one freaking Asian navy that had built CA?!? 

Other than ex-HMS Aurora, ROCN had the Japanese designed and built Ning hai and Ping Hai. Italy was building 2 CL for the Thai navy before WW2 started, which weren't finished. Indonesia bought 1 Sverdlov class cruuser off the Soviets. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

[NDA]
[NDA]
Supertest Coordinator
6,188 posts
4,577 battles
12 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Other than ex-HMS Aurora, ROCN had the Japanese designed and built Ning hai and Ping Hai. Italy was building 2 CL for the Thai navy before WW2 started, which weren't finished. Indonesia bought 1 Sverdlov class cruuser off the Soviets. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Aside from the CLs, they were mainly torpedo boats, small destroyers, and coastal defense ships IIRC.  Makes sense considering SEA was mostly under colonial power and their main concern would have been protecting their land and shipping lanes rather than projecting their naval power and getting into blue water sea battles against another country.

23 minutes ago, HellaCopterRescue said:

No true CAs, but oddities like this existed.  2000t displacement hull, 4x 20.3cm guns.

http://www.navypedia.org/ships/thailand/th_bb_sri_ayuthia.htm

Members
650 posts
1,632 battles
40 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

The Arethusa class aren't so much successors of the Leanders as they're just the cheap version. They're inferior in every way, and were considered to have the minimum capabilities required to patrol trade routes and still be superior to "auxiliary cruisers" (armed merchant ships). 

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Well, the guess was correct in the other thread about it being Chung King.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,669 posts
9,985 battles

Poor Aurora.

I was hoping they'd stick with her design and that I might find a skin to make her back into the British ship.

Bolting on those huge Russian secondaries (hello too much top weight!) and swapping the British 6in for Russian 6in turrets kinda kills that.

In the British line I'd like Arethusa to replace Emerald, I thought T5 for sure. The Russian guns are an upgrade, but this is a Budyonny with 50% fewer guns at T6... smokescreen makes it Kutuzov 2.0.

2 hours ago, HellaCopterRescue said:

Surface detectability - 9,3 km

I think best in tier? Perth is baseline 10.1km. With those shell arcs and concealment could be a major DD hunter.

Sign in to follow this