Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

45 Defense Ribbons...

6 comments in this topic

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
16,998 battles

Sucky night...

...that's all we'll say about that.

Last game was Trident, Epicenter Mode.  Pretty much my best game in Prinz Eugen all night, but I still stank and it was still a loss.

Is 45 Defense Ribbons 'A Lot?' Mostly I'm just curious.

Only other item of interest is the game got me under 150k xp remaining for my first KM captain to reach 19 skill points, (I've been grinding him out from 17 skill points in PE.)

General comment about PE... The thing is a bloody slug. It's accelleration sucks, it's rudder shift sucks, (even with the module,) and I can see why LWM said it was a difficult ship to do well in.

I asked in All-chat before a game started if Hipper's accelleration was just as bad, and recived a solid 'YES' from several Green, and Red, players.

Spoiler

qXo6in.png
QbuWM5.png

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[-K-]
Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

45 is quite a bit, but that and the defeat sort of points toward the fact that your team couldn't keep ships in the epicenter caps to block them. If that were the case you'd have little to none as there aren't really any ships with cap progress. Also note that it's possible to get multiple defenses with one salvo on the same ship.

The only thing preventing caps were gunfire, and that can't really compete against physical cap blocking.

[HINON]
Members
1,487 posts
14,548 battles

45 defense ribbons!! :cap_wander: That is quite a lot.

The most I've ever managed is 25. 

Spoiler

rZalrr2.png

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,332 battles

Yea, 45 is a lot. I am surprised your XP was so low, wonder if defense ribbons have diminishing returns. 

Edited by Kapitan_Wuff

Members
821 posts
3,887 battles
38 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

r if defense ribbons have demising returns. 

I would say ^this. Otherwise this tactic could be highly abused.

[TF-64]
Members
364 posts
12,590 battles

Most I've ever had was in the low 20's. Standard battle and I was buying time for my teammates to cap. We won that one too.  My understanding of defense points xp is that it depends on how much your resetting. So if each hit only resets 1 or 2  cap points, you won't be earning much. No idea how much you earn for each point though and also I could be way wrong.  

Sign in to follow this