You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Drag0nBoat

One shotted by Graf Zepelin

45 comments in this topic

[PLPT]
Members
57 posts
5,688 battles

Thanks WG. Good job on the Graf Zeppelin. Full health Bismarck, one shotted (62000 health) by a GZ dive bomber squadron.

Highly enjoyable.

Like the Detonation mechanic really. FUN and Engaging

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

So either this CV player is extremely good at using massive delay bombs.... or you were stationary or sailing in a straight line. 

You'll also want to watch out for Enterprise. She can do that too with much, much better bomb handling. 

• Cool 2

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,467 posts
6,648 battles
10 minutes ago, Stonehammers said:

Were you moving and/or turning, because there is no way a GZ one shot you with a six second drop time on AP bombs.

Even with HE, if very lucky, with RNG on your side, it is possible. Each HE bomb does anything between 2 and 11k. You only need 6 to hit. Even on a noob friendly (i.e me) db run with HE loadout, point and click drop, I will commonly take 50% of a bbs HP pool, collecting their tears as I recover and rearm.

[USCC2]
Members
3,421 posts
23 minutes ago, Drag0nBoat said:

Thanks WG. Good job on the Graf Zeppelin. Full health Bismarck, one shotted (62000 health) by a GZ dive bomber squadron.

Highly enjoyable.

I thought any ship had a chance to be one shot destroyed. Are you complaining about the mechanic alone, the state of the GZ, that you feel the Bismarck shouldn't be vulnerable?

Unsure whose video I watched but in the clip I saw, it seemed that the GZ had been reduced to a DD bombing HE CV; I'm encouraged to see it blowing up a German BB. Wasn't this why it was made, to reign back the German BBs that keep shooting off to within 4km of the enemy stopping most others from firing. Hopefully they will now consider keeping alongside the front line CAs and their AA protection(?)

Edited by _WaveRider_

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles

So, you got one shot by the thing that has the most difficulty of doing so and are going to essentially call it broken? Spoiler alert, the reason you got one shot was you.

• Cool 4

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

if i were a betting man, i'd put money on you being stationary or sailing straight without turning when this happened.

it's about the equivalent of sailing broadside to a BB in a cruiser. you just don't do it.

• Cool 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,574 posts
14,010 battles

If you got rekt by Graf Zeppelin's AP bombs that have a NINE SECOND DELAY FROM DROP then that is 100% your fault, guaranteed.

• Cool 2

[_AFW_]
Members
974 posts
7,021 battles
1 hour ago, Drag0nBoat said:

Highly enjoyable.

Lol, if you sail in a way where he was able to do that to you with a GZ i have some destroyer torpedoes that will be looking for you..... The GZ bombs take forever to hit. 

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
551 posts
4,743 battles
1 hour ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Even with HE, if very lucky, with RNG on your side, it is possible. Each HE bomb does anything between 2 and 11k. You only need 6 to hit. Even on a noob friendly (i.e me) db run with HE loadout, point and click drop, I will commonly take 50% of a bbs HP pool, collecting their tears as I recover and rearm.

A battleship isn't going to take full damage from a HE bomb. 6 bombs will probably cost you in the area of 20k damage. 

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,467 posts
6,648 battles
7 minutes ago, mrmariokartguy said:

A battleship isn't going to take full damage from a HE bomb. 6 bombs will probably cost you in the area of 20k damage. 

Probably..

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
551 posts
4,743 battles
3 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Probably..

Just did a test, 10 bombs for 36k damage on a Bismarck with HE bombs. There could be some slight variations in damage, but the average damage should not deviate far from those values. 

Cruisers on the other hand...

[RQL]
Members
132 posts
5,856 battles

The maximum bomb damage with HE is 11,100 dmg if you multiply that by every plane which is 18 planes for 3 squads then you get and outstanding possible dmg output of 199,800!? now of course RNG isn't gonna let you do that every time, but when you add that you where a German BB into the mix you are increasing your chances that RNGESUS is gonna roll you snake eyes and wipe you off the map.

To be honest though it isn't that hard to hit a Bismark with a manual drop even I did it my last game and hit 12 for 33k.

oh and another effective way to hit with AP bombs for good damage I noticed is to make an atom symbol with your planes and manual drop them, that way if the ship turns off they are more likely then not to eat some UBER AP.

Edited by Goliath654

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles

Enterprise hit me good with AP's in my Gneis, still had to finish me off with two torp squadron's - Yeah, and it was my fault. Took a chance, slowed to a near stop, when he caught me with my pants down, a risk that backfired.

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

I have seen this firsthand, back when she was being tested and....the drama...began...yeah it was a super tester that was doing the one shotting, but it was scary. :cap_wander_2: 

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,082 battles

OP is pretty bad to be nuked by a ship that has a delay on when it's bombs hit the water. 

[WOLFB]
Members
2,579 posts
4,948 battles

OP you have enough games in this shouldn't be the first time something like this has happened to you.

[TBOW]
Members
1,178 posts
10,413 battles

Just you see a GZ planes coming towards you hit the Q or E keys should be a miss 99% of the time.  HE bombs will still hit, but not that much.  Now you see Enterprise Bombers Lots of evasive maneuvers to mitigate what you can.  Or... Or change to a new ship line!