Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WoTSarge

Unable to launch the game becasue of critical errors. Please run game repair

6 comments in this topic

[143RD]
Members
16 posts
5,242 battles

Turned on my PC this morning, ran the Wargaming.net Game Center (beta) thing and watched it update itself. When it was done I tried to play some WoWS. Nope. Instead i got to look at a big white triangle with a red ! in the middle surrounded by a red banner with the words "Unable to launch the game becasue of critical errors. Please run game repair."

Run game repair? What the funk is "game repair" and how do I run it? I thought to myself "Hmmm..... this is radically different than the last time i played WoWS. The UI is completely different." Then i went and had some coffee. When I got back the screen was still the same but this time the words meant something to my brain. I though, oh well, it's a bad patch or a server outage. Wargaming will fix it right? But then I read the words again and the "...please run game repair" part made me think "wait a second, what the funk is game repair." So I went looking. Nope, no "game repair" option in any of the menus. No mention of such a thing in any of the game files. No gamerepair.exe anywhere.

Does this mean I have to re-download the whole effing game again? Because I don't want to re-download 30 freaking gigabytes.Capture.thumb.PNG.e2cacc06e2392dd75d1fecea534a7cbf.PNG

Edited by WoTSarge

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

i don't know how it is with the WG launcher you're using. but with the simple WoWS launcher, there's a settings button. when that pulls up, there's a 'support' tab. one of the options under support is to run a scan that checks the game integrity and repairs it. i think that might be what it's referring to?

this is on the launcher itself though, not within the game.

[143RD]
Members
16 posts
5,242 battles

N

1 hour ago, MidnightShamalan said:

i don't know how it is with the WG launcher you're using. but with the simple WoWS launcher, there's a settings button. when that pulls up, there's a 'support' tab. one of the options under support is to run a scan that checks the game integrity and repairs it. i think that might be what it's referring to?

this is on the launcher itself though, not within the game.

Oh I found it. I't cleverly hidden. The main "settings" section, under the big whte-outline gear icion, isn't the game settings even when you're on the tab for the game you want to access the settings for (how retarded is that?). Instead I have to hit the slightly-different-shade-of-blue-then-the background button labeled "game settings" and low and behold, there is a "Check and repair" option. Not a "game repair" option that the error box referes you to. Oh no, can't actually be bothered to GET THE NAME OF THE FUNCTION RIGHT in the error box you WG dev twits. No, why call it by the right name? Why make the function easy to find? No, lets have FOUR different "settings" buttons, one for the launcher, one for each game in the launcher. And then more settings sections IN THE GAME ITSELF!

It's so much "better" this way, right? Doubleplus good, right?

Edited by WoTSarge

[WOLF3]
Members
5,958 posts
2,203 battles
22 hours ago, Riujin said:

same issue here, can't play the game....

Do you have the same launcher?

@WoTSarge check the free space on your disk.  The only problems like that I've seen are when it thinks there isn't enough space to install the update.  ('Course, that was with the basic launcher that seems to have more informative error messages.)

Sign in to follow this