You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
cometguy

Most unsporting behavior I've ever seen

24 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

So, I was just in a match that had me in a strike Hiryu, and I was paired with an AS Independence. The other team had a strike Ryujo, who was dived up with 2 t7 BBs and a strike Ranger. The Ryujo was so mad about being paired with a strike Ranger he torped the ranger, then suicided. The ranger used damage con, so one of the Ryujo's div mates finished him off. Needless to say, lots of reports were likely made against those two.

I've heard about people doing things like this before, but it's the first time I've seen it. What's worse, the reds got 5 kills despite that event, and having an afk Indianapolis. It would likely have been one hell of a game.

Edited by cometguy

[TF16B]
Members
8,031 posts
16,968 battles

Almost thought you were talking about me with that thread title...

...but yeah; that's worse than my usual salty idiocy...

I've had people shoot at me for 'sailing while carrier,' and as said, I'm an occasionally salty idiot; but I don't think I've ever seen anything like that.

[TBW]
Members
6,305 posts
11,856 battles

It's too bad that some people are like that. The worst part is they are playing the game that I like.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,138 posts
3,867 battles

I have a few "Unsportsmanlike behavior" stories from the Destroyer side as well.

Like the Missouri that TKed me when he found out my Tashkent had Repair Party instead of the smoke consumable, then proudly announced in All chat that he "Executed that worthless DD, no smoke".

[LHG]
Members
1,617 posts
4,887 battles

Commanders behaving badly.  I have to admit I have yet to encounter that level of idiocy.  Something to look forward to I guess. :cap_rambo:

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
1,721 posts
2,549 battles

I remember in a low tier battle where a commander somehow got -2 kills and I was almost going to be his -3. Thank god for Novik having Vodka infused speakers.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,046 posts
9,267 battles

This is a reason why you have replays enabled. I would do a ticket with replay to report them.

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Supertester
913 posts
17,913 battles
16 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

This is a reason why you have replays enabled. I would do a ticket with replay to report them.

THIS!!!  None of the clowns involved should be playing for a few days at least.

Edited by BaronVonTom

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
6 minutes ago, MidnightShamalan said:

support tickets: because ocean wildlife already has to deal with one type of human waste. keep the seas clean.

wait your poop goes to the ocean????

Edited by skull_122_steel
I suck at grammer

[PIZZA]
Members
708 posts
7,896 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's too bad that some people are like that. The worst part is they are playing the game that I like.

Every game has bunch of such peoples. 

[ANIME]
Members
363 posts
9,306 battles

I was going to talk about how I had an Iowa spamming I need intelligence data telling our CV to spot ships while backing up and firing HE.  It's one thing to say I need intelligence data, but it is another thing to be backing up at 25km making it so that the only person that then enemy can target is a Hipper(me) and complaining that the CV isn't spotting.  The most annoying part was that the CV was spotting everyone that was within the Iowa's firing range and if they weren't spotted, they were in smoke.  

That is pretty bad though.  People will be people, so what can you really do but report and walk away.  

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
573 posts
4,509 battles

That is pretty poor player behaviour to say the least.

MM may be unfavourable, but RNG and skill in game as well as luck can turn things. If you constantly try to do well, you even turn or win those games.

Comes down to attitude as well, some just like to be top tier and have an easier time.

Members
1,062 posts
4,736 battles
10 hours ago, cometguy said:

So, I was just in a match that had me in a strike Hiryu, and I was paired with an AS Independence. The other team had a strike Ryujo, who was dived up with 2 t7 BBs and a strike Ranger. The Ryujo was so mad about being paired with a strike Ranger he torped the ranger, then suicided. The ranger used damage con, so one of the Ryujo's div mates finished him off. Needless to say, lots of reports were likely made against those two.

I've heard about people doing things like this before, but it's the first time I've seen it. What's worse, the reds got 5 kills despite that event, and having an afk Indianapolis. It would likely have been one hell of a game.

Yea, sounds about right.

People suck till proven otherwise.

[TBOW]
Members
1,174 posts
10,408 battles

Hate to say I am ROFL.  Saw two DDs on my team in last Ranked Season take each other out at the beginning of the same.  Yes we lost but it was a close game.  Other team could no believe what they were seeing as much as we could not believe it.

[TBOW]
Members
1,174 posts
10,408 battles

Okay now for a question. How do you turn on replays, never used them, but have seen some stuff lately that makes me think I should?

[NG-NL]
Members
4,949 posts
8,094 battles

The Ryujo learned to assume he needs a 1/1/1 or AS Ranger (or 2/2/2 Hiryu) or he won't be able to do some damage.

Only an idiot takes that lesson. You can always spread out to cover more or stay near with your T7 teammate's plans. It's not difficult at all. Had my share of matches where I'm facing a hard match in Ryujo or Hiryu (before T8-10 CV limit change) because teamed with a strike and facing AS, but I simply informed my teammates I needed them to push and provide some AA so my bombers had a better chance of softening targets for them. If they helped, great, and if not, the resulting defeat was never my fault.

In other words, that Ryujo wants favorable conditions or he won't play. He gives up his power to do something for the team and looks a complete baka baka. If he rages about being teamed with a strike CV, what'll he do if reaches Shokaku and faces competent AS CVs?

Members
821 posts
3,880 battles

An amature. Who prolly has not play US CV's at all. And if he has that kind of attitude in Rhyjo , he won't make it much further, not in CV's, probably not in the game

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,219 posts

I had some jerk who had no clue how radar works shoot me because I didn't fire it off my radar as soon as the match started.  My radar would have been gone by the time anything would have been in range to detect.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,135 posts
20 hours ago, cometguy said:

I just amuse myself imagining a group of pimple faced, window licking, booger eating teens clustered in some fart and stale laundry reeking basement bedroom screaming and raging because things didn't go the way they wanted.   Then hollering to Mom for some more Hot Pockets, lol.

There are some real winners out there, that's for sure!