You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Murcc

Supercontainer drops - a talley

19 comments in this topic

[CAST]
Members
1,158 posts
7,163 battles

I have taken to recording my container drops.  I have officially opened 200 containers since I decided to actively monitor their drop rates, so it gives me a pretty good idea about what the drop rate is.  Most of the time I take the consumable ones, so my items are more representative of those containers, but there were a few that were others that I got from random containers due to not taking them at the end of the day.  In 200 containers, not a single supercontainer dropped.

Items:

284  Camo (mostly type 1 and 2, but a few type 5 as well)

24  Captains reserve spots

29 Catapult fighters

2.5Mil Credits

311 Damage control party

52 Defensive AA

12500 Free XP

33 Hydro Accoustic Search

53 Repair party

2 ship slots

779 signals

73 smoke generators

33 Speed boost

24 spotting aircraft

55 surveillance radar

Just some info to look at.

• Cool 1

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,563 battles

TYLs mainly give out signals, I rarely get good camos out of them though.:Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
1,158 posts
7,163 battles

I just got two supercontainers today.  They were because of the Yammoto campaign, so don't count as container drops, but I got 30 days of premium time in one, which is nice.  The other had 100 sierra mike flags.

[ORDER]
Members
17 posts
10,416 battles

I haven't seen a super container since probably February. Does anyone get them anymore? I always do once a 'try your luck' thing. Dunno why i still bother.

[CAST]
Members
1,158 posts
7,163 battles

I opened just over 100 more containers and got a super container near the end.  Over 300 containers opened to finally get a supercontainer.  In that supercontainer I received 1000 doubloons.  Better than a bunch of flags that don't provide much advantage.  

[PSP]
Members
6,039 posts
8,582 battles

A while back, I got 5 supercontainers in eight tries.

#      Container type                Contents
1      SUPERCONTAINER       50 Halloween camo
2      standard                            4 IX signals
3      SUPERCONTAINER       25 Ouroboros signals
4      standard                            4 NES signals 
5      standard                            4 PP signals
6      SUPERCONTAINER     100 ID signals
7      SUPERCONTAINER     100 JC signals
8      SUPERCONTAINER   1000 Doubloons

[CAST]
Members
1,158 posts
7,163 battles

Damn.  ^^^ Looks like you got all my supercontainers.

[CAST]
Members
1,158 posts
7,163 battles

Well, just over a week later than the last supercontainer, about 18 containers received and opened, and I got another supercontainer.  It contained 1000 doubloons.  I'll take it.  That's 2 in just over a week, after a big dry spell of about 300 to get the first one.

[TURDS]
Members
552 posts
3,633 battles

In not quite a year, 1200+ battles so casual player I guess? Grand total of 1 SC. One. Uno. Ein. Singular. RnGeebus, he no like me. 

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
On 8/29/2017 at 6:38 PM, Murcc said:

I have taken to recording my container drops.  I have officially opened 200 containers since I decided to actively monitor their drop rates, so it gives me a pretty good idea about what the drop rate is.  Most of the time I take the consumable ones, so my items are more representative of those containers, but there were a few that were others that I got from random containers due to not taking them at the end of the day.  In 200 containers, not a single supercontainer dropped.

Items:

284  Camo (mostly type 1 and 2, but a few type 5 as well)

24  Captains reserve spots

29 Catapult fighters

2.5Mil Credits

311 Damage control party

52 Defensive AA

12500 Free XP

33 Hydro Accoustic Search

53 Repair party

2 ship slots

779 signals

73 smoke generators

33 Speed boost

24 spotting aircraft

55 surveillance radar

Just some info to look at.

Over what period of time? I.E. out of how many containers ... Also what kind of daily containers do you pick?

Edited by w4spl3g

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,794 posts
On 8/29/2017 at 6:11 PM, Turbotush said:

Thanks!  Was a lot of good info.  I wish they would drop more super containers more often.

Especially now that you get the fancy lense-flare effect with a super container!

[PSP]
Members
6,039 posts
8,582 battles
19 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Especially now that you get the fancy lense-flare effect with a super container!

Ah, bright lights and sounds, the Pavlovian bell of the video gamer. Now I am really looking forward to my next supercontainer.

[CAST]
Members
1,158 posts
7,163 battles
On 10/18/2017 at 9:03 PM, w4spl3g said:

Over what period of time? I.E. out of how many containers ... Also what kind of daily containers do you pick?

I listed the number of containers in the post....200...and also listed the type most often picked, which are consumables.  I then noted in a later post that I opened another 100, but didn't list the stuff I got in them, and got a supercontainer at the end, for a total 300 containers obtained and opened before a supercontainer dropped.  

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
9 minutes ago, Murcc said:

I listed the number of containers in the post....200...and also listed the type most often picked, which are consumables.  I then noted in a later post that I opened another 100, but didn't list the stuff I got in them, and got a supercontainer at the end, for a total 300 containers obtained and opened before a supercontainer dropped.  

Yea, I meant like how many months or whatever. It does seem to come and go in spates. I stopped doing TYL and have been doing signals and camo for months and got nothing and then like 3 in the last week (not tied to promotions, like real SCs).

[CAST]
Members
1,158 posts
7,163 battles

My timeline was probably the last 6 months.  Yeah, I don't do TYL.  Not worth it.  At least you get a bit of ok stuff in the other containers.  Even if you get a supercontainer in a TYL container, it probably doesn't add up to the value of all the regular stuff you would get with the other containers.