You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

People still debating buy or not buy Konig Albert?

60 comments in this topic

Members
241 posts
11 battles

As I mentioned elsewhere, it cannot hit the waterline reliably at 2km. Why even bother... 

Edited by Helmut__Kohl

[RIPQP]
Members
3,710 posts
14,557 battles

Low tier games are meh.. I started German DD line but can't tolerate more than 1 game per day at T4 right now. I hope my perception shifts soon since I want to progress up the line.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,805 posts
18,763 battles

it's fun to go back to low tiers for a little none pressure enjoyment from time to time 

Members
319 posts
4,388 battles

I bought it...fist game out zero point captain...85k dmg and three kills.  It's a fun little ship for a change of pace.

If the radar, smoke, hydro, CV hell of tier 8 is more your cup of tea...to each his own I guess.

Members
2,078 posts

IMO the ship sucks. I bought it based on the hype when it first released. I played a few games in it and never touched it again. It's turrets are so slow it's sad... You can't do any tactical maneuvers. It has basically no AA... So CV's can do with you as they please. 

DD's can ambush you and you'll be total helpless, because of how much of a whale it is and the SUPER SLOW turrets.

• Cool 1

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

She's not pretty enough for me.

Edited by Elegant_Winter

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles

She's a pretty ship, her model is very well-done, and damn can she sealclub.

3 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

IMO the ship sucks. I bought it based on the hype when it first released. I played a few games in it and never touched it again. It's turrets are so slow it's sad... You can't do any tactical maneuvers. It has basically no AA... So CV's can do with you as they please.

DD's can ambush you and you'll be total helpless, because of how much of a whale it is and the SUPER SLOW turrets.

STOP SAILING IN STRAIGHT LINES, DONKEYHOLE! :Smile_trollface:

Members
2,078 posts
Just now, Goodwood_Alpha said:

STOP SAILING IN STRAIGHT LINES, DONKEYHOLE! :Smile_trollface:

I don't think you know what an ambush is... 

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
Just now, Goodwood_Alpha said:

You think so? Really? Truly? Honestly?

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,988 posts
5,715 battles
5 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

I didn't know it was possible to be this wrong about something.

Members
2,078 posts
Just now, Big_Spud said:

I didn't know it was possible to be this wrong about something.

Sorry but it's true. I never had any problem killing them either. Then again I play T4 now and then.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
17 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

Even it has a reputation of sealclubbing, I feel that low tier games are not very interesting...

She may be a good ship, but how many people actually play tier 3s? Not many. I play Nickolai once in a while, but thats more for sh*ts and giggles. Every time I see an Albert trying to seal club, I club them in return.

Most good players are playing 5s and above.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,219 posts
8,804 battles
9 minutes ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

it's fun to go back to low tiers for a little none pressure enjoyment from time to time 

This and for someone like me that just got back from a two month long layoff because of real life issues the low tiers are a good way to work off the barnacles and get your sea legs back.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,477 battles
7 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

I think KA is a very handsome ship.  Compare it to contemporaries like New Mexico's A hull, or (gag) Fuso's A hull.  I certainly prefer it to the fictional refit of Kaiser from an aesthetic point of view.

Edited by kerensky914

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
Just now, kerensky914 said:

I think KA is a very handsome ship.  Compare it to contemporaries like New Mexico's A hull, or (gag) Fuso's A hull.

I'll take a closer look at her later then.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,694 posts
10,037 battles

20 minutes in a T3 premium to generate stuff-all XP, FXP, Capt. XP or credits?

No thanks.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,097 battles

Cheap fun, every once in awhile drop a 19 point captain in and damage stuff... don't play tier 3 much, but when I do I make sure it is in a KA - stay salty my friends

Edited by Panzer1113

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,784 posts
12,916 battles
9 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

More than pretty.  Damn sexy.

• Cool 2

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,988 posts
5,715 battles
10 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

Sorry but it's true. I never had any problem killing them either. Then again I play T4 now and then.

And I generally have no problem killing idiot Nikolais who go broadside, doesn't mean its not brokenly OP when a good player is using it.

Members
3,647 posts
13,511 battles
18 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

If you're sailing alone in a big BB, you're doing it wrong! What's more ANY BB is next to helpless when a DD gets up close and personal.

I like Fat Albert, a seal clubber's delight! :etc_red_button:

20 minutes ago, LastSamurai714 said:

If the radar, smoke, hydro, CV hell of tier 8 is more your cup of tea...to each his own I guess.

I find battles at all tiers from 3 on up to be fun. I find tier 3-4 battles to not be as intense as higher tiers and more enjoyable. I don't get as much credits and xp, but I'm having fun!

Edited by ReddNekk

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,988 posts
5,715 battles
1 minute ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

It is just awful: slow, clumsy, poor dispersion. But it wins because the other T3 BBs are not as good.

Its literally an already good tier IV, minus the AA, at tier III.

What's not to like.

[SALVO]
Members
16,670 posts
17,308 battles
21 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

She may be a good ship, but how many people actually play tier 3s? Not many. I play Nickolai once in a while, but thats more for sh*ts and giggles. Every time I see an Albert trying to seal club, I club them in return.

Most good players are playing 5s and above.

This is kinda why I'm shying away from the Albert.  Oh, low tier ships can be good for some ships and giggles, particularly in coop.  But anything below tier 4 is usually excluded from the regular missions, so you can't have any fun with them trying to work missions.  So, much as I'm tempted to get me a Konig Albert, I think that I'll save my money for higher tier ships.

For what it's worth, I'd like to see the tier 5 Russian DD put back on sale.