You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DigitalRebel

Captain points...

17 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
98 posts
11,858 battles

I heard they are re thinking captain skill points and adding a few skills..   making t4 cheaper.  That's good but right now I wish I could have a 20pt captain!... grrr... 

Beta Testers
98 posts
11,858 battles

A dev interview..  saw a link somewhere and there was a youtube kinda video on changes and new stuff on horizon...   Devs blog or something... Just looked can't find it.  Ill post link later when I come across it.  

[TBW]
Members
6,305 posts
11,856 battles

The points have to stop somewhere. In reality we just got the 19 pointers back. The points go with rank kind of and there is no higher rank than Admiral of the Fleet, well except for Commander in Chief. Democrats and Republicans alike would not Want Trump at the helm of any civilian ship much less a Warship.

• Cool 2

[NG-NL]
Members
4,949 posts
8,094 battles

More variety to captain builds will make balancing some ships and esp. premiums a lot harder. Can you imagine DDs facing a KMS BB that has full secondary build and Vigilance and MAA so planes cannot get close?

[FOG]
Beta Testers
215 posts
3,635 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Democrats and Republicans alike would not Want Trump at the helm of any civilian ship much less a Warship.

Umm....pretty sure they wouldn't want Clinton or Obama either, simply because NONE OF THEM ARE TRAINED TO CAPTAIN SHIPS!!.

You get the award for dumbest political post of the year.

• Cool 2

[JTF67]
Members
59 posts
3,038 battles
5 minutes ago, DigitalRebel said:

Found the link   3:15 skill changes on horizon.  

https://worldofwarships.com/en/media/tag/developer-diaries/?item=218

I believe that this is an old Dev Diary. The changes were implemented earlier this year. We went from 5 levels of captain skills to only 4 levels. Added new skills and changed some existing ones.

[TBW]
Members
6,305 posts
11,856 battles
5 minutes ago, Sprocket_Grease said:

Umm....pretty sure they wouldn't want Clinton or Obama either, simply because NONE OF THEM ARE TRAINED TO CAPTAIN SHIPS!!.

You get the award for dumbest political post of the year.

True. Or any President for that matter. Didn't mean to single Trump out, with the exception of a couple of generals not many Presidents could even pretend (maybe Reagan) to be able to Command a Ship. It wasn't meant to be political so I agree with you. It is a dumb political post. Sorry you took it as such. It was a joke you see. It must have gone over your head though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Beta Testers
1,158 posts
5,287 battles

I believe we already got the commander skill revamp they were talking about.  They did make the higher tiers skills easier to get be completely removing tier 5 and giving us 19 points instead of 16.  It gives you enough flexibility but it still forces you to make decisions about what type of ship you have.   If you had too many points there would be no hard choices to make and ships would be too flexible.  As much as I would love for my KM BBs to have manual secondary, AFT and manual AA that shouldn't happen with having to give up critical tier 2 and 3 skills.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,794 posts
18,667 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The points have to stop somewhere. In reality we just got the 19 pointers back. The points go with rank kind of and there is no higher rank than Admiral of the Fleet, well except for Commander in Chief. Democrats and Republicans alike would not Want Trump at the helm of any civilian ship much less a Warship.

Yeah I guess you're happy with Abama care Huh ????

[TBW]
Members
6,305 posts
11,856 battles
3 hours ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

Yeah I guess you're happy with Abama care Huh ????

Actually I don't do anything that is beholden to the government, thus the name Sovereign, I only used Trump as an example (because he is the current Commander in Chief) and probably should have said the Presidents, It was just a joke and not a political statement. I will explain the joke to you though. Basically what I was conveying is that the President, would not be able to command a warship, even though they have a higher rank than a Fleet Admiral. What the heck does Obama care have to do with piloting a ship anyway. If you weren't reading anything political into what I said, you might have gotten the humor and I wouldn't have had to explain it to you. Sorry if I ruffled any Political Feathers.

Beta Testers
98 posts
11,858 battles
10 hours ago, CruiserQuincy said:

Hate to break it to you, but this rework already happened. It's the system we use now, it was different before.

ok I'm a moron...    but with all the changing going on in this game its believable  lol    

[PVE]
Members
5,301 posts
17,724 battles
1 hour ago, DigitalRebel said:

ok I'm a moron...    but with all the changing going on in this game its believable  lol    

Well with that said there is a coming IFHE change and there probably will be a cheap captain retraining or the like.

[FOG]
Beta Testers
215 posts
3,635 battles
12 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Sorry you took it as such. It was a joke you see. It must have gone over your head though.

No worries. Or, it could be that it just wasn't funny to begin with...