You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
skullval_2015

damage control button

8 comments in this topic

[G0ATS]
Members
28 posts
11,599 battles

I have run into this several times but have not been able to consistently replicate it to determine cause.  Periodically when my ship is on fire or receiving flooding damage I will activate DCP.  It goes into cooldown, but none of the DoT damage or broken modules are repaired so my ship will continue to burn or flood until they expire on their own or the DCP cooldown resets and I use it again.  I have died due to this bug several times and it is extremely irritating.

... also the collision avoidance system when on drives u into the island not away had to turn it off after this happen 3 times 

Edited by skullval_2015

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,477 battles

I sincerely hope English isn't your first language, 'cause I have no idea what you're talking about.

EDIT:  Thanks for editing your post and elaborating a bit.  As others pointed out, it sounds like you are using the wrong consumable.  The one that looks like a fire extinguisher puts out fires, stops floods, and repairs some incapacitated (but not destroyed) modules like engine, rudder, turrets, etc.  The one that looks like the top-down view of a ship with a little green plus sign repairs some hull damage from fire/flooding over a period of time.  It doesn't put out fires or stop flooding.

Edited by kerensky914

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

Judging by the post, it kind of feels like the OP bought this account.  Over 6,500 battles and he seems to be just now figuring out collision avoidance is garbage.  My guess is he's confused about damage control vs. repair party and how they work, too. :cap_yes:

Edited by AspiringCodger

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles

The words are English but it reads like a foreign language.

[ML-S]
Members
284 posts
4,030 battles
12 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:
  • 10 posts
  • 6,792 battles

z3ofn0I.gif

+1 for Firefly