You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CSSX30284

Terrible connection since operations launched

5 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
689 battles

Since the date that brought us the Operations gametype, the game has been unplayable due to insane amounts of lag. Ships will freeze for a short moment (usually around a second) and then "fast forward" to where they should be. After submitting a ticket to support, the representative told me that the issue was on my end (My router and my apparent 1000 ping)
After purchasing a new router and wireless adaptor (Yes i know, but for my current living situation wireless is the best i can do, and works very well on most other games i play)
In game this ping displays as around 120 - 200, which is within normal thresholds for playing.
After talking with a few others who play this game, they too confirmed that they had similar issues since the same update.

The connection issues are worse on the EU server, despite my being based in the UK. 

I was wondering if this is a common issue with others and if there was a fix at all, either already or coming in the next update, as the problem seems to be server degradation or other similar issue.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,235 battles

It is called computer power creep. Solution: upgrade your computer to handle the game parameters better.

Members
2 posts
689 battles
3 minutes ago, aethervox said:

It is called computer power creep. Solution: upgrade your computer to handle the game parameters better.

What do you mean by this? My PC exceeds the system requirements by far. Could you explain a little better please?

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,235 battles
5 minutes ago, CSSX30284 said:

What do you mean by this? My PC exceeds the system requirements by far. Could you explain a little better please?

I'm no computer expert. Maybe it is a bad internet service provider. I was only saying disconnection/lag for me is no longer a problem & I got a new computer Aug/16.

[WOLF5]
Members
256 posts

well,,lag is there,,here ,east coast ,same things happening,a lot more than a few weeks ago. Lag spikes,not all the time,,but lately every game has them,,and i do have great internet connection,,,,even during the day,,with servers not really populated either...