Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

PSA: Last Day to Buy Konig Albert

32 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,934 battles

FYI,

For all those who have maybe been sitting on the fence about buying Konig Albert, today is the last day to get this overpowered premium.  It will be removed from the premium shop for good starting tomorrow, and stored away forever with the likes of Gremyashchy and Imperator Nikolai in the hallowed ranks of ships to never be sold again.  And to be honest, for just over $10.00, she's a pretty good steal at T3 as she completely outclasses all other same tier BB's.

On a secondary note, the following premium ships will be removed from the in-game tech tree (for doubloon purchase) starting tomorrow as well:

• Aurora
  • Emden
  • Campbeltown
  • Krasny Krym
  • Smith
  • Tachibana

To be replaced in-game by:

• Katori
  • Albany
  • Oleg
  • Kaga
  • Mikasa
  • Hood
  • Cool 1

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,213 battles

Are you, Ace_04, paid by WG to shill (sell) their products? 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,934 battles
5 minutes ago, aethervox said:

Are you, Ace_04, paid by WG to shill (sell) their products? 

No sir.  Just don't like to hear people cry when they miss out on ships, especially when they are as OP as Konig Fat Albert at T3.

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

I'd suggest buying her before she's gone if you like German BBs or reasonably think you may ever enjoy German BBs. 

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,043 battles

No public outcry over the removal of the OP Krasny Krym from the tech tree?  May be last chance people - KK divisions will be running wild...

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,934 battles
9 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

I'd suggest buying her before she's gone if you like German BBs or reasonably think you may ever enjoy German BBs. 

True.  Plus, she makes a decent captain trainer once you stack her with Scharnhorst and Tirpitz, as they can all work with the same captain setup.

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

Highly recommended ship.  She's fun at the lower tiers as long as you don't find yourself facing an enemy Carrier.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,213 battles
9 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

No public outcry over the removal of the OP Krasny Krym from the tech tree?  May be last chance people - KK divisions will be running wild...

ROFL. Anything termed the 'Krispy Kreme' just has to be 'good' now doesn't it? Anyone up for an OP dose of sugar &, eventually, diabetes?

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles
18 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

Needed that.

Thanks.

[-V-]
Members
803 posts
3,613 battles

The only reason besides just having the King as part of your inventory would be to go seal-club, which is a good way to chase off new players. If you want a premium Germain BB to train a commander, buy the Scharn.

Members
86 posts
4,242 battles

Had her in port since she first went on sale and have only played her a few times.  Seal clubbing is not fun or challenging and makes you develop bad habits :cap_hmm:

[OPG]
[OPG]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,237 battles

I'm waiting for the Okhotnik to come back. 

I went to buy it on the last day it was on sale last time. I missed it by by just a few hours. 

Plz come back Okhotnik. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,320 posts
14,681 battles

I just find it funny they are adding Kaga when everyone is screaming that she might be OP.

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,934 battles
21 minutes ago, LoneStormchaser said:

The only reason besides just having the King as part of your inventory would be to go seal-club, which is a good way to chase off new players. If you want a premium Germain BB to train a commander, buy the Scharn.

Yep.  I'm glad she will be gone now, as new players in Kawachis and South Carolinas will be at a more level playing field now.

4 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

I just find it funny they are adding Kaga when everyone is screaming that she might be OP.

Still scratching my head on this one too.

Alpha Tester
2,282 posts
4,358 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Yep.  I'm glad she will be gone now, as new players in Kawachis and South Carolinas will be at a more level playing field now.

It's quite probable that Orion may assume the KA role and be relatively undisputed now that KA has gone based on the reviews.

M

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,098 battles
36 minutes ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

It's quite probable that Orion may assume the KA role and be relatively undisputed now that KA has gone based on the reviews.

M

We'll see. I fully intend on sailing my Albert complete with 19 pt GK commander on the day of UKBB release.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,098 battles
13 minutes ago, Helmut__Kohl said:

I hate that thing. 

It cannot hit the waterline reliably at 2km. Garbage. 

I agree that they need to give Albert a dispersion buff on her way out as a farewell gift 

Edited by Ju87s

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,720 posts
4,517 battles

buy the Kaiser's pimp ship...its guut

kaiser-wilhelm-ii_o_6631587.jpg

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
7 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

We'll see. I fully intend on sailing my Albert complete with 19 pt GK commander on the day of UKBB release.

Too bad I don't have any 19pt German captains. :Smile_sad:

Members
271 posts
9,436 battles
9 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

I'll be cycling through low tier DD's for giggles.

Especially the IJN ones, what with my free 10-pt TAE/CE captains from the ARP ships.  ;)  I still fondly remember the days after the KM BB's came out. So many potatoes, so many torp hits, so many Dev Strikes.

Members
280 posts
9,269 battles

I wish they wouldn't offer the Mikasa like this. Just yesterday I tried to talk a new player off the ledge from jumping into a graf spee. I'm afraid too many new players will see a cute, cheap BB for sale & then get absolutely wrekd in it & be of no use to their team. It takes a 19pnt commander & every flag you can fit on it just for an expert player to get any damage out of it, what chance does a newb have? Needs to stay as a rewards ship for those who can get through missions & such...

Edited by bigalow87

Sign in to follow this