You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Phil_Swift_With_Flextape

Attention: Changes to Premium Shop for 0.6.10

54 comments in this topic

[LRM]
Members
2,522 posts
4,921 battles

From the patch notes page:

We’re removing the following ships from the in-game tech tree for Doubloons when the update releases, so grab them while you can! 

• Konig Albert
  • Aurora
  • Campbeltown
  • Emden
  • Krasyn Krym
  • Smith
  • Tachibana

The following ships will be added to the premium shop. The World of Warships Development team does not state when they will arrive or how they will populate the premium shop, but these are the ships returning to the shop. Most replace the lower tier premiums that are being replaced, but others are total additions.

• Katori
  • Albany
  • Oleg
  • Kaga
  • Mikasa
  • Hood

(Original Source for Context: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0610/ )

Personal recommendation: If you have a friend who just started playing warships and you want to get them a gift, it honestly would be the best time to get them a little something to help them along since the ships up there are either American, Japanese, Russian, German, or British. If you just buy premiums for yourself, I wouldn't recommend it. They are tier 2-3 with one tier 5.

Edited by Battleship_MaineMk1
  • Cool 3

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,037 posts
12,517 battles

Weird that they describe them as being added to the "premium shop". I assumed they were going in as premium options to the tech tree, like the ones that are being removed.

[-K-]
Members
5,062 posts
8,938 battles
10 minutes ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

From the patch notes page:

We’re removing the following ships from the in-game tech tree for Doubloons when the update releases, so grab them while you can! 

• Konig Albert
  • Aurora
  • Campbeltown
  • Emden
  • Krasyn Krym
  • Smith
  • Tachibana

The following ships will be added to the premium shop. The World of Warships Development team does not state when they will arrive or how they will populate the premium shop, but these are the ships returning to the shop. Most replace the lower tier premiums that are being replaced, but others are total additions.

• Katori
  • Albany
  • Oleg
  • Kaga
  • Mikasa
  • Hood

(Original Source for Context: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0610/ )

Damn, you just beat me to it.  I just posted a PSA on the same thing.

[LRM]
Members
2,522 posts
4,921 battles
Just now, Tzarevitch said:

Gah. Why would anyone buy Katori?

They give it out for free (essentially) and then a few months later sell it. Adds a bit of jealousy factor in like "hey, he has one, I want one too!" Well now you can get one and they profit. Plus she is the best ship you could want to be a quite literal "training cruiser".

[-K-]
Members
5,062 posts
8,938 battles
7 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Because she used to be the forbidden fruit that you couldn't buy and only the SEA server had access to.

But honestly, she really is a mediocre ship.  18 knots in a cruiser?  Almost every T3 battleship is faster than that.  Her only redeeming feature is her super accurate guns as she gets access to the super rare accuracy mod that Yubari has.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,213 battles
8 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

I immediately sold mine just as I did for the Albany. I have bought some of these listed premiums, however, I try to resist as most are just undeserving money grabs by WG.

Members
1,759 posts
8,036 battles

KA is basically a Tier 3.5 that will usually face Tier 4. Kaiser gives up the bow and stern armor for much higher range. It is no Nikolai or Kamikaze so not that big a deal. Just a nice ship for a beginner to learn in.

Beta Testers
6,975 posts
3,942 battles
4 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

It is no Nikolai or Kamikaze so not that big a deal.

Yeah..

It really is pretty much the German Version of the Nik. 

[-K-]
Members
5,062 posts
8,938 battles
47 minutes ago, BrentD15 said:

Hooray for the Oleg!

As long as you're ok realizing that by buying Oleg you're just buying a stock Bogatyr from the tech tree.  Bogatyr fully upgraded is a much better ship.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,176 posts
3,867 battles
1 hour ago, Tzarevitch said:

Collectors who missed when she was a mission reward?

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

Ugh.  I certainly don't need Hood.  But I want Hood.  I resisted last time.  This time...?

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

As long as you're ok realizing that by buying Oleg you're just buying a stock Bogatyr from the tech tree.  Bogatyr fully upgraded is a much better ship.

But Oleg is so pretty.  She'll look very nice floating next to Mikasa in my port. ;)

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
6,975 posts
3,942 battles
9 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Ugh.  I certainly don't need Hood.  But I want Hood.  I resisted last time.  This time...?

mmm..Get a Neslon, be happier with your life.

10 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Collectors who missed when she was a mission reward?

Saw one get a kraken the other day

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,176 posts
3,867 battles
1 minute ago, Sakuzhi said:

Saw one get a kraken the other day

Your point? I got a Kraken in Yubari before she was buffed. Before the Type 0 aiming mod existed. Anything can happen in low tiers.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
6,975 posts
3,942 battles
4 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Your point? I got a Kraken in Yubari before she was buffed. Before the Type 0 aiming mod existed. Anything can happen in low tiers.

Shush, I'm trying to get more KA Food on the market.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,590 posts
14,010 battles
2 minutes ago, Sakuzhi said:

Shush, I'm trying to get more KA Food on the market.

When the RN CL Line released, my KA was having a field day issuing a proper German greeting to the Brits

Zg32Zbt.gif