Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

Looking for the latest news on the downtiered Ashitaka which has Amagi's old stock hull

18 comments in this topic

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

There is "another great Japanese battleship" coming soon aside from Kii as announced by Gamescom. I hope it ain't stock Amagi. I want Tosa dangit!

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,198 battles
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

There is "another great Japanese battleship" coming soon aside from Kii as announced by Gamescom. I hope it ain't stock Amagi. I want Tosa dangit!

This

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,407 posts
3,407 battles

All her data files were yanked; she doesn't exist any more. Just like Kitakami. Granted, she can always make her return since WG is hell-bent on screwing over IJN BB Premiums while every other nation gets a good, proper sister ship or tier rival.

Edited by YamatoA150
  • Cool 2

Members
475 posts
62 battles
On 29.8.2017 at 1:25 PM, Doomlock said:

Ev1n said she will come eventually- whatever that means. But I am happy she is still on the radar.

what is the second IJN BB you are referring to? Didn't hear any rumors?

[HINON]
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
7 minutes ago, lron_Dog_of_Jutland said:

Ev1n said she will come eventually- whatever that means. But I am happy she is still on the radar.

what is the second IJN BB you are referring to? Didn't hear any rumors?

Well, there is Kii on the way, and "another great Japanese battleship". What that ship is, I don't know.

[MCGA]
Beta Testers
148 posts
8,732 battles

IJN BB Candidates list (only classes that are not currently ingame and excluded Kii-class)

Ise-class BB : refitted as BBV and most likely they will be part of hybrid tree/prems WG has mentioned

Kaga-Class BB : pre-refit of CV Kaga, basically slightly slow, more armored Amagi

13-go BC : Planing started right before WNT, nothing had officially decided until WNT kicks in and killed the project.  Some journals issued during WW2 claims the ship supposed to had 46,000-48,000 tonnage, and 2x4 460mm  guns, and 30kt.

BC planned for replacing Kongo-class : 35000t, 3*3 or 2*4 or 2*2+2*3 400mm (410mm), 26-30kt.  Plan was discarded because of LNT.

B65:  Well...this is basically IJN's Alaska class.

Bazillion of A-140 plans : many discarded plans for Yamato....or Izumo's possible sisters.

Modified Yamato: all secondaries are replaced with 100mm/65.  Armor scheme got modified but basically, more torpedo protection at the cost of slightly thinner citadel armor.  460mm/50 instead of 460mm/45.

Super Yamato: Yamato with 2*3 510mm/45, and all HA mounts got replaced with Type 5 dual 127mm/50 DPs.

Nassau: IJN spoils-of-war for WW1 from Germany. Scrapped before IJN actually admit it.

Oldenburg: Helgorand class BB, IJN spoils-of-war for WW1 from Germany.  same as Nassau.

Maybe WG gonna make up a tier 8 ship from one of A-140 plans (because Kaga-class BB would be too similar to Amagi and Kii) or they finally found a solution to introduce BBV into game.

Edited by kudlak

Members
475 posts
62 battles
4 hours ago, Doomlock said:

Well, there is Kii on the way, and "another great Japanese battleship". What that ship is, I don't know.

Ok I knew about Kii (and looking forward) - but the second one is still a secret?

My money would be on Musashi then.

[HINON]
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
14 minutes ago, lron_Dog_of_Jutland said:

Ok I knew about Kii (and looking forward) - but the second one is still a secret?

My money would be on Musashi then.

Not likely. They said premium. Musashi can't be a premium. And yes, it is still a secret. 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
6 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Not likely. They said premium. Musashi can't be a premium. And yes, it is still a secret. 

Why not? Is she going to be the IJN xp ship  (I assume in her original scheme since Yamato is in her late-war AA refit)?

[HINON]
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
6 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Why not? Is she going to be the IJN xp ship  (I assume in her original scheme since Yamato is in her late-war AA refit)?

No. She is still a T10, and that would be a million xp or so.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

No. She is still a T10, and that would be a million xp or so.

A fair point, however I would save a million free xp for Musashi. Maybe they give her a  better heal than Yamato (not old Yamato or RN BB levels but still better) in refrence to the beating she took before sinking?

Members
253 posts
5,779 battles
5 hours ago, Doomlock said:

I bet it's the Wii, as part of an as yet unannounced Nintendo collab. Though for serious, I hope we get the B-65 design.

[INTEL]
Members
8,397 posts
25,183 battles
22 hours ago, kudlak said:

Nassau: IJN spoils-of-war for WW1 from Germany. Scrapped before IJN actually admit it.

Oldenburg: Helgorand class BB, IJN spoils-of-war for WW1 from Germany.  same as Nassau.

@kudlak, did the IJN give these ships names??

[MCGA]
Beta Testers
148 posts
8,732 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

@kudlak, did the IJN give these ships names??

Nope.  these ships got scrapped before naming.

Sign in to follow this