Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MasterDiggs

DD Hunters

16 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
498 posts
4,114 battles

Which do you think is a better DD hunter: the konigsberg at tier V, the belfast at tier VII, or neither?

I am a little tempted to grab the belfast at some point, but I can always dig my konigsberg back out and play at a lower tier.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,964 posts
6,441 battles

Belfast, smoke and Radar is a deadly combo, along with the fact that its the ONLY RN cruiser right now that gets HE, and i dont know if it has the RN cruiser AP, i dont think it does but feel free to correct me if im mistaken, i dont have a Belfast so i wouldnt know these things

[5D7]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

Belfast. Smoke / Radar / Sonar in one pop. It doesn't get the RN AP Shells but the HE is deadly

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
17,012 battles

Konigsberg. Belfast is too reliant on it's tricks to suvive and kill things. Konigsburg with it's 360turrets and fast RoF is better at keeping guns on target and killing the destroyers, either by shoot and scoot ambush or while evading, than Belfast can ever dream of being.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Belfast, but IFHE and smoke nerfs are in the horizon.

I'd get more info on those before making a decision.

Members
2,274 posts
7,347 battles

None. Cruisers are good at killing DDs, but not at hunting them. If you go out to hunt a DD, the DD will out spot you and every single enemy ship in range will target you and you will die in seconds. The best DD hunters are other DDs.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles
On 8/28/2017 at 10:55 PM, tcbaker777 said:

Belfast, smoke and Radar is a deadly combo, along with the fact that its the ONLY RN cruiser right now that gets HE, and i dont know if it has the RN cruiser AP, i dont think it does but feel free to correct me if im mistaken, i dont have a Belfast so i wouldnt know these things

It does not, it has standard AP.

[OPG]
Members
3,898 posts
5,488 battles

Huh, why is this even a question?  Belfast, not even a competition.  

[CVA16]
Members
2,174 posts
9,656 battles

Belfast has the ability to hunt by luring the DDs to their doom. Smoke up and the DDs will be drawn in to get to torp range like moths to a flame. Pop radar and they have to scurry like roaches when you turn on the light to get away. That means the Belfast can hunt from the relative safety of smoke and its fleet while the Konigsberg has to push forward making it far more vulnerable. As a DD main, I am much more concerned about seeing a Belfast on the other team than a Konig. Two Belfasts on the other team can bring on cold sweats.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles

Belfast can also pop radar as soon as detected and know exactly where the DD that's stalking her is coming from.

Members
1,510 posts
7,962 battles

Hey,

The question doesn't take into account other ships shooting them while they are hunting the DD's so much of it depends on the player.  Konigsberg has great rate of fire, is more maneuverable but fragile, has torps if needed.  Belfast is 2 tiers up and has gimmicks but is also very fragile but no torps.  I would actually prefer the konigsberg, draws less attention than Belfast and is 2 tiers lower.  To each their own, T7 is more fun overall than T5.

Pete

[PVE]
Members
498 posts
4,114 battles

Thanks all.  One thing I am curious about is the difference in the tiers.  How is trying to kill teir VII DDs in a Konigsberg and how is trying to kill tier IX DDs in a Belfast? Does the Belfast hold up well under fire from other cruisers, or do you immediately run for your life like I usually had to in my Konigsberg.  I have sunk a couple of Belfasts, but really any more of them than other cruisers.

Something tells me Belfast does better when its uptiered than the Konigsberg.

Edited by MasterDiggs

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

Belfast.  Konig has to get close to do it and that means other cruisers and BB's are close as well.  Belfast has concealment rivaling most DD's when built for it.  If you see a Belfast built for concealment there is a good chance you're in his Radar Range.  While Belfast is now close like the Konig would be, smoke+Hydro on top of the radar allow him to mitigate any attention he might get.  Add in the sheer volume of HE shells that the Belfast can throw out at once... 

well

Members
1,510 posts
7,962 battles

Hey

The problem is, your talking two different Tiers of ships of which both can get up-tiered and when you do, even the Belfast would struggle at T9.  If your talking same tier, then I would still go for the Konigsberg, if your talking T7, then obviously the gimmicks of the Belfast come into play.  Both are very squishy when being shot at, one is very maneuverable and one relies on Smoke but when the smoke clears, not always good.

Pete

Sign in to follow this