You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Sorry...kids

18 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,786 posts
12,925 battles

That's what he said just before going AFK.

I gave him three PLUS karma for good manners.

• Cool 7

[DRHS]
Beta Testers
42 posts
3,694 battles
1 minute ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Soooo we don't Crucifi him, and burn him at the stake?

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,576 battles

I don't mind if people are AFK, real life stuff is more important than this game (no offense WG i love this game please don't ban me).

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,745 posts
11,361 battles

craphappens, I don't report AFK unless they said something like "screw this team" or whatever. I have seen people quit because they are bottom tier and such. 

Ps. Does giving three compliments work? I have heard only the first report works, assumed it was the same for compliments. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
4,001 battles
23 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

As a parent, I salute you for this understanding.

(Note that I am NOT the individual being referred to.)

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I would've smiled.

I know some here would've thrown a temper tantrum though.

Members
417 posts
12,490 battles

Yep, don't mind someone who has to afk because of real life. I've done the same, and can't say that I've even let folks in the round know most of the time. Just got up and dealt with whatever real life thing was pulling me away.

I tend not to downvote for afk unless it's obvious they ragequit.

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

I used to get frustrated at people that were AFK.  Then it happened to me.  I had just earned the Steven Seagal captain and put him on my current vessel for training.  I'm not exactly clear on what happened.  At the start of the match...well?  This dull...boring voice said something...maybe..."Battle Starts"?  I actually fell asleep, woke up later in port.  Very embarrassing.

• Cool 1

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Supertester
916 posts
18,040 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Got to love Soshi but here's my take:

QXUh1nL.png

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
293 posts

I never report AFK.  I've had times where the game locked up on me and wouldn't let me load past the matchmaking screen and I've been like "Well there goes all my karma."

Members
2,418 posts
5,424 battles

Why bother to pay attention to a Player: AFK - pretend they got a DET and go on playing. It's not like its a team competition but just a gathering of anonymous players to compete for whatever your reason. 

As other players have said: Some circumstances come up which needs your immediate attention.  

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,583 posts
5,883 battles

I'm much more cynical towards AFKs.  If you know you have an obligation upcoming, don't drop into battle.  And we've all come across those players in other games who always seem to have "emergencies" when they are outmatched.  

Additionally, this happens to the enemy CV when I use mine once out of every 20 games or so.  Only after their first wave gets annhilated, of course.  "have to go sorry" immaculate timing every instance. So I toss a report to every AFK, no matter the team or reason.  Tough nuts if it's truly an emergency, all the quit kiddies force me to treat everyone the same.

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,716 battles

Yep, no probs with it, its those that spout off within the first two minutes of a match that 'this team sucks' or 'this is already a loss, I'm outta here', or something similar, then I cannot wait to report them!

[PVE]
Members
5,361 posts
17,840 battles
2 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

craphappens, I don't report AFK unless they said something like "screw this team" or whatever. I have seen people quit because they are bottom tier and such. 

Ps. Does giving three compliments work? I have heard only the first report works, assumed it was the same for compliments. 

I agree, only bother to report them if they purposely abandon the team like you mentioned in your example. With as buggy as the game has been over the past 3 patches, I don't even bother since so many people are having issues with the game crashing and the like. 

Compliments are one for one. If you give three compliments, the player gets three karma. I think it takes two reports to subtract one karma. 

Members
722 posts
5,170 battles

one fella recently typed..

dam.... babies crying

he got nothing but support from the team we all told him not to worry take care of the gaffer real life comes first.