You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Graytalon

Old eyes need some help

7 comments in this topic

[OTG]
Members
1 post
1,649 battles

I have been having problems following the tiny fonts within the Battle chat box.  I assumed that there was some hidden config somewhere that would change the background or font color and if not the font size.  So far I haven't seen anything.  

I have read a few posts stating there isn't anyway, but come on, that should be a fairly simple modification.  Or so I would think.  I have been playing about a month or two, but it's getting tough.

So, is there anything planned to help us older players see the light...um, the chat?

thanks,

GT

• Cool 1

Members
3,553 posts
6,867 battles

Yes it's been brought up any number of times--larger font, colour options. +1 for mentioning again as I'm an older chap too and could use that.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,710 posts
11,324 battles

I don't think I have seen anything like that in options, could have missed it as I wasn't looking. Might look through the mod section for something.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

Cheater glasses.  Currently using x1.25

Oh, and ignore chat.  Not much to be seen there.

Edited by desmo_2

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Aslains mod pack.

Make everything above ships font bigger. Same for minimap names and map itself.

Lots of different things on there that can help you.

Edited by Wulfgarn

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

I'm afraid that's just the tip of the iceberg.  I still find myself squinting at the mini-map and other details.  Not to mention the rapid release of changes that seem to occur just when this oldster starts to figure things out.

I don't know if screen resolution would help with the chat dialog font size.  Maybe, maybe not.