Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
nuttybiscuit

Graf Zeppelin is Terribly OP

131 comments in this topic

[FLOAT] Chobittsu 2,115
In AlfaTesters
4,843 posts
Just now, nuttybiscuit said:

Don't bash a good Graf Zep result, we need morale boosting encouragement. Steffi's win is good enough; while as it is St's personal best, it deserves applause anyway. 

I'm saying the result doesn't make it a good ship. Anyone can do amazing when the enemy sails a predictable pattern.
When people start comparing ships, they don't do PvE stats, it's by PvP

[POP] nuttybiscuit 719
3,021 posts
4,102 battles
Just now, Chobittsu said:

I'm saying the result doesn't make it a good ship. Anyone can do amazing when the enemy sails a predictable pattern.
When people start comparing ships, they don't do PvE stats, it's by PvP

Another debate.

Spoiler

Capture3.thumb.PNG.5ae08b58fa4c259cf781c6682cdc69b3.PNGEu server.

[FLOAT] Chobittsu 2,115
In AlfaTesters
4,843 posts
7 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Another debate.

Hide contents

Capture3.thumb.PNG.5ae08b58fa4c259cf781c6682cdc69b3.PNGEu server.

1. Your linked image can be HTML edited, something a certain user on this thread is familiar with  ;P
2. These numbers aren't accurate, you have to run a control test and to have a set number to compare everything to (in this case, number of battles)
You're not going to get an accurate result when the ratio between the Graf and the Lexington is 1:81
Besides, it's win rates don't matter as the ship is still in development and likely to face massive changes in the near future

[POP] nuttybiscuit 719
3,021 posts
4,102 battles
Just now, Chobittsu said:

1. Your linked image can be HTML edited, something a certain user on this thread is familiar with  ;P
2. These numbers aren't accurate, you have to run a control test and to have a set number to compare everything to (in this case, number of battles)
You're not going to get an accurate result when the ratio between the Graf and the Lexington is 1:81

really? go look at the stats online yourself. That is a ridiculous comment. And a cheap insult to my honour. Bordel, un duel sur le champ s'il te plaît!

http://wows-numbers.com/ship/3762272048,Graf-Zeppelin/

https://eu.warships.today/vehicle/3762272048/Graf Zeppelin

Clearly shows that in pvp, it has the lowest dmg of the four tier8s, but as a tactical choice in random battles, it is not the worst either.

something a certain user on this thread is familiar with  ;P

Of what and to who are you referring? Speak clearly with links and evidence or allez vous faire...

[WOLF3] SteffisCute 104
377 posts
3,200 battles
1 hour ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Don't bash a good Graf Zep result, we need morale boosting encouragement. Steffi's win is good enough; while as it is St's personal best, it deserves applause anyway. 

All he does is stalk and bash me. I could post a 300k damage 7 ships sunk 100 planes killed PVP result and he would still bash, his opinion means nothing.

Going to try a few AP loadouts next.

[FLOAT] Chobittsu 2,115
In AlfaTesters
4,843 posts
8 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

I'm not permitted to discuss the matter in detail. As for honour, I wouldn't waste mine nor my time in a duel against you. I have more important errands to attend to than to argue with you when you're just out to cause trouble.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna post this sarcastic princess horse eating a banana gif and then go back to developing my mod
celestria.gif

All he does is stalk and bash me.

Oh the tales I could tell. How are things on 4chan?

[POP] nuttybiscuit 719
3,021 posts
4,102 battles
7 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

I'm not permitted to discuss the matter in detail. As for honour, I wouldn't waste mine nor my time in a duel against you. I have more important errands to attend to than to argue with you when you're just out to cause trouble.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna post this sarcastic princess horse eating a banana gif and then go back to developing my mod
celestria.gif

Oh the tales I could tell. How are things on 4chan?

**** Oh [edited] off. I don't frequent 4chan or anywhere else. Your trolling is hurtful, you can pat yourself on the back for that. I set this thread up as an ironic nod to the occasional success of GZ, and a source of helpful opinions, examples and advice, hence the title, 'Terribly OP' because so often it is terrible. Cheap trolls taking it for anything else, allez vous foutre

I have no idea, honestly, why you are doing this, but please.

Moderated by Mezurashi.

akh101 135
Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,558 posts
3,504 battles

The fact the Graf avg damage is lower than Lex(Lexington being worst of t8 carriers, Graf making Lex look better as it sits) is saying something about it, as it it really bad and need to be reworked to be usable in a competitive environment, no body cares what it dose in PvE environment as bot in this game are kinda dumb at times.  Stop defending what effectively is the worst premium vehicle that WG as ever release and beats alot Wot bad tanks in terms of being crap  

[WOLF3] SteffisCute 104
377 posts
3,200 battles

Graf is NOT a point and click CV like Lexington. She requires strategy and has a STEEP learning curve, We are still learning all her quirks and idiosyncrasies. This thread is for constructive NON TROLLINg and NON HATE posts, please respect that!  

• Cool 1

[POP] nuttybiscuit 719
3,021 posts
4,102 battles
31 minutes ago, akh101 said:

The fact the Graf avg damage is lower than Lex(Lexington being worst of t8 carriers, Graf making Lex look better as it sits) is saying something about it, as it it really bad and need to be reworked to be usable in a competitive environment, no body cares what it dose in PvE environment as bot in this game are kinda dumb at times.  Stop defending what effectively is the worst premium vehicle that WG as ever release and beats alot Wot bad tanks in terms of being crap  

this thread is neither here to defend, promote nor criticize the Graf Zeppelin, but to share the experiences of those who own and play it. Initially my own. It has also grown into a little competition among owners for who can get the best results, despite the obvious handicap it faces. And in this way, offering encouragement.

Neverthless, this thread does attract its fair share of unpleasant comments from those who should have no personal interest in the current iteration of the Graf Zeppelin, who neither play nor own it. Some of these people are proving to be simply as unpleasant as their comments. Even to the point of bringing grievances from outside of the game into this thread (of which I have no interest), to the point of stalking forum users. If the thread topic offends you so much you feel the need to shitpost, rather than that, why not start your own thread discussing all the bad experiences and all the bad you think about the Graf Zeppelin? Or if your sense of being offended is so profound, speak to a moderator.

So please, if you have a comment to make, make it about a genuine experience with or versus a Graf Zeppelin, or drawing upon publically available data, and make it constructive.

[WOLF3] SteffisCute 104
377 posts
3,200 battles

Nutty have you tried using Graf as a sort of secondary cruiser type? like actively trying to cap or get DD's in range of your guns? I am just wondering because eventually I am going to start trying that to see how effective it is and what needs to be worked on for it.

[POP] nuttybiscuit 719
3,021 posts
4,102 battles
41 minutes ago, SteffisCute said:

Nutty have you tried using Graf as a sort of secondary cruiser type? like actively trying to cap or get DD's in range of your guns? I am just wondering because eventually I am going to start trying that to see how effective it is and what needs to be worked on for it.

In the end game, when out of fighters and dbs, yes. It can be quite effective against tier8s and below. You can even take on tier 8 battleships if you manage to ambush them using islands for cover, I sank two at the same time (t6and a t8 - they were already on 20-40% hp) doing this. But a smart player in a dd will still outwit you, skirting your 6.6km secondary range, and popping smoke if all else fails. Also, rudder shift time is really very bad on GZ, while you bleed too much speed on a turn. Luck and being underestimated are your main advantages here. Fortunately there are not too many smart players:) 

Spoiler

59af613840850_iH7eclZ-Imgur.thumb.jpg.ae8247f9e08fc6cb88920647d9e6cbe3.jpg Note I have turned my starboard side to face the enemy, the starboard appears to concentrate more secondaries than the port side (but I don't know if game mechanics relfect this).

[BBICT] Sir_Davos_Seaworth 653
2,525 posts
2,589 battles

A CV I can brawl in... :Smile_playing: :etc_red_button:  Oh my. Yeah, I know, that is not the point, but now I think I want one, LOL. 

[WOLF3] SteffisCute 104
377 posts
3,200 battles

Not much overall damage BUT look at those plane kills AND secondary hits. Sunk a CA with guns.

shot-17.09.06_13.35.20-0090.jpg

akh101 135
1,558 posts
3,504 battles
2 hours ago, SteffisCute said:

Not much overall damage BUT look at those plane kills AND secondary hits. Sunk a CA with guns.

shot-17.09.06_13.35.20-0090.jpg

Now try that in PvP see get same results.

akh101 135
1,558 posts
3,504 battles
Just now, SteffisCute said:

No

Then the results are not relevant to issue at hand and dose not prove it scale of OP as everybody clams to this thread, anybody with any T8 carrier can do that if not better in a PvE setting as AI in this game are predictable.

akh101 135
1,558 posts
3,504 battles
3 minutes ago, _Maho_Nishizumi_212 said:

How can someone get her? I don't see her in the premium shop...?

she not sale anymore(reason why) you have to wait three month to get her again after the balance reworks are done( so wait like 6-8 month more like)

258 posts
315 battles
17 minutes ago, akh101 said:

she not sale anymore(reason why) you have to wait three month to get her again after the balance reworks are done( so wait like 6-8 month more like)

Dam. WG f**ks up again, eh? What else is new...

[WOLF3] SteffisCute 104
377 posts
3,200 battles

This thread is for Graf owners to share results, discuss ideas, and work on the ship. It is NOT for the Cult of Shokaku or people who don't even own the ship to come in and slag her.

Thank you.

[M_L] Grathew 79
310 posts
7,363 battles
2 hours ago, akh101 said:

Then the results are not relevant to issue at hand and dose not prove it scale of OP as everybody clams to this thread, anybody with any T8 carrier can do that if not better in a PvE setting as AI in this game are predictable.

I also agree, co-op results aren't indicative of the ship's performance. With that said I should have screen capped my 118k damage game in randoms.... Oh well maybe if I feel adventurous I'll dust off the Graf. 

akh101 135
1,558 posts
3,504 battles
48 minutes ago, SteffisCute said:

This thread is for Graf owners to share results, discuss ideas, and work on the ship. It is NOT for the Cult of Shokaku or people who don't even own the ship to come in and slag her.

Thank you.

um excuse me but i'm a Enterprise kind of guy, so...:Smile_glasses:

and this thread in public section of the forums more less so no it not really that exclusive, unless it was in it special spot that was exclusive to Graf Zep owners then yes but it not

6 minutes ago, Grathew said:

I also agree, co-op results aren't indicative of the ship's performance. With that said I should have screen capped my 118k damage game in randoms.... Oh well maybe if I feel adventurous I'll dust off the Graf. 

it not entirely impossible see something like that but as Graf stands, saying OP is last thing to say about it

[M_L] Grathew 79
310 posts
7,363 battles

Under the right conditions there is no other ship I would rather have, as those AP bombs are OP. Hence the crazy delay. Other than that the ship is so situational that I'd rather be in any other carrier. 

akh101 135
1,558 posts
3,504 battles
1 hour ago, Grathew said:

Under the right conditions there is no other ship I would rather have, as those AP bombs are OP. Hence the crazy delay. Other than that the ship is so situational that I'd rather be in any other carrier. 

at that point maybe nerf AP bombs to be not soo OP but then again Big E AP bombs are just as bad tho so idk here, it however needs it torpedo bomber back, or make were get one or the other for load outs

Sign in to follow this