Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NotSynpax

The real reason for the WoWs decline

158 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,493
[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,525 battles

Team battles were a niche game mode which quickly VERY QUICKLY fell into a singular meta that was "do this or lose" so, no losing team battles did NOT kill WoWS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,620
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,826 posts
3,895 battles
5 minutes ago, Raptor_alcor said:

Team battles were a niche game mode which quickly VERY QUICKLY fell into a singular meta that was "do this or lose" so, no losing team battles did NOT kill WoWS. 

 

Ranked is consistently the same. What makes you think team battles, which is cribbing the exact same setup as team battles, will be any different?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,493
[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,525 battles
11 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

 

Ranked is consistently the same. What makes you think team battles, which is cribbing the exact same setup as team battles, will be any different?

 

I don't, and no where in my post did I imply it was better so don't be that one brainless idiot who puts words in other people's mouths. Team battles was not good for this game and it wasn't bad on removal, sure we lost a few pathetic people who were incapable of dealing with the fact this is a moba with PUGS but that really means nothing. This game has been relatively consistant with players and I have stuck through it since the middle of CBT, the player base isn't dying, sure we're getting turnover but it's not like we're going to really GET any more than we have. This game is so utterly niche, ships aren't overly popular to begin with and with a game as slow as this one all things considered, that pushes away more of the pathetic twitchy FPS fools. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,620
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,826 posts
3,895 battles
31 minutes ago, Raptor_alcor said:

I don't, and no where in my post did I imply it was better so don't be that one brainless idiot who puts words in other people's mouths. Team battles was not good for this game and it wasn't bad on removal, sure we lost a few pathetic people who were incapable of dealing with the fact this is a moba with PUGS but that really means nothing. This game has been relatively consistant with players and I have stuck through it since the middle of CBT, the player base isn't dying, sure we're getting turnover but it's not like we're going to really GET any more than we have. This game is so utterly niche, ships aren't overly popular to begin with and with a game as slow as this one all things considered, that pushes away more of the pathetic twitchy FPS fools. 

 

Fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
902
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I'll tell you the real reason. There's no +/-1 matchmaking. You've all been enlightened.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,136
Members
20,133 posts
5,479 battles
1 hour ago, VGLance said:

 

Hardcore strategy people are not solely what I'm talking about.  The feedback is overwhelming from players of various play styles that like to see that content if given the option.

 

I also missed your point about dynamic and persistent content.

 

Did you ever play WW2OL by chance? Its faults notwithstanding, it had a pretty robust concept, with an ever-shifting front line, as well as research which could be hindered by bombing of facilities behind those lines. Once a "campaign" started, it could be several months before a side won. Teamwork and focus on objectives was of paramount importance. Most players were in clans, but even lone wolves would coordinate their activities with the whole, whether supporting clan-led actions, or doing "special ops" type activities.

 

If that's the sort of thing you mean, I'm behind you 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,620
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,826 posts
3,895 battles
7 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

 

I also missed your point about dynamic and persistent content.

 

Did you ever play WW2OL by chance? Its faults notwithstanding, it had a pretty robust concept, with an ever-shifting front line, as well as research which could be hindered by bombing of facilities behind those lines. Once a "campaign" started, it could be several months before a side won. Teamwork and focus on objectives was of paramount importance. Most players were in clans, but even lone wolves would coordinate their activities with the whole, whether supporting clan-led actions, or doing "special ops" type activities.

 

If that's the sort of thing you mean, I'm behind you 100%.

As cool as that sounds, I don't think WoWS is conducive to that kind of gameplay.

 

It sounds more like something you'd see in Planetside 2.

 

But PS2 would have more rocket gunships farming kills off infantry.

Edited by AraAragami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,675
[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,881 battles
5 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

 

I also missed your point about dynamic and persistent content.

 

Did you ever play WW2OL by chance? Its faults notwithstanding, it had a pretty robust concept, with an ever-shifting front line, as well as research which could be hindered by bombing of facilities behind those lines. Once a "campaign" started, it could be several months before a side won. Teamwork and focus on objectives was of paramount importance. Most players were in clans, but even lone wolves would coordinate their activities with the whole, whether supporting clan-led actions, or doing "special ops" type activities.

 

If that's the sort of thing you mean, I'm behind you 100%.

Never played the game but yeah, I believe what you're describing is what I'm talking about.  It's simply about the idea and feeling of knowing that your effort is building toward something useful that sticks around and doesn't just get reset every 15-20 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,136
Members
20,133 posts
5,479 battles
5 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

As cool as that sounds, I don't think WoWS is conducive to that kind of gameplay.

 

It sounds more like something you'd see in Planetside 2.

 

Yeah, definitely works better for land warfare, or at least naval being only a part of the whole. But Lesta Studios (WG's partner in WoWS) did a game called Pacific Storm. The full campaign could certainly be adapted, with WoWS taking the place of the RTS battles.

 

Planetside was a twitchfest in comparison though. WW2OL was sim-based, and there was no zerging.

Edited by Skpstr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,675
[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,881 battles
Just now, AraAragami said:

As cool as that sounds, I don't think WoWS is conducive to that kind of gameplay.

 

It sounds more like something you'd see in Planetside 2.

 

It is very capable of delivering that kind of content and did so with strongholds.  There is always another option that can help with it and that is additional forms of currency.  Fuel, supplies, faction support (think Japan might provide you with certain bonuses if you play more Japanese ships, etc.).  The possibilities are endless, and the more content provided, the richer the environment and longer people will stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,152
[SALVO]
Members
18,055 posts
18,641 battles
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:21 PM, Azemboz said:

Let me guess, you think Jesus was real too.

Dude, this sort of thing is uncalled for.  Insulting other people's religious beliefs like this in a public forum having nothing to do with religion crosses the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,152
[SALVO]
Members
18,055 posts
18,641 battles
8 minutes ago, VGLance said:

 

It is very capable of delivering that kind of content and did so with strongholds.  There is always another option that can help with it and that is additional forms of currency.  Fuel, supplies, faction support (think Japan might provide you with certain bonuses if you play more Japanese ships, etc.).  The possibilities are endless, and the more content provided, the richer the environment and longer people will stay.

There are no factions in this game.  Only nations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,152
[SALVO]
Members
18,055 posts
18,641 battles
30 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

I'll tell you the real reason. There's no +/-1 matchmaking. You've all been enlightened.

Nonsense.

People who can't hack it in +/-2 MM are just blaming MM for their lack of skill.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
902
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

There are no factions in this game.  Only nations.

Please take your negativity elsewhere.

Just now, Crucis said:

Nonsense.

People who can't hack it in +/-2 MM are just blaming MM for their lack of skill.

It's not a matter of whether or not I can "hack it." It's a matter of which is more enjoyable, and it's obvious +/-1 would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,152
[SALVO]
Members
18,055 posts
18,641 battles
1 hour ago, Raptor_alcor said:

Team battles were a niche game mode which quickly VERY QUICKLY fell into a singular meta that was "do this or lose" so, no losing team battles did NOT kill WoWS. 

Honestly, I think that the biggest problem with ranked battles (and I mean the battles themselves, not the stuff outside the actual battles) is all the damned smoke.  IMO, smoke just makes battles far too static with people trying to hide behind it (assuming that the smoke was laid for team use, not as a defensive escape tool).  I think that battles without smoke would be more dynamic.  But I doubt at this point that we'd see anything done to get rid of smoke.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,152
[SALVO]
Members
18,055 posts
18,641 battles
4 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Please take your negativity elsewhere.

It's not a matter of whether or not I can "hack it." It's a matter of which is more enjoyable, and it's obvious +/-1 would be.

No, you don't "enjoy it" because you can't hack it.  If you had more talent, you'd have no issues with +/-2.  Stop blaming MM for your lack of talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
902
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

No, you don't "enjoy it" because you can't hack it.  If you had more talent, you'd have no issues with +/-2.  Stop blaming MM for your lack of talent.

I have a 56% win rate. I hack it fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,620
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,826 posts
3,895 battles
11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Nonsense.

People who can't hack it in +/-2 MM are just blaming MM for their lack of skill.

 

I can hack it in +/-2.

 

Doesn't make it fun.

 

When I'm top tier, I'm an unstoppable monster for the guys -2 tiers down.

 

When I'm bottom tier, I have to scurry around like a rat taking potshots for meager results whenever I feel like I can do something without ringing the dinner bell.

 

It's not fun. And players running into the wall at tier 5 are quitting the game, which is contributing to the attrition and the lack of new blood.

 

I don't care how elitist you are or how you think it's "good" to drive people out of the game. This is not healthy for the game and your attitude or "Adapt to being seal clubbed or quit, no improvement can possibly be made" is not beneficial to the game.

Edited by AraAragami
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,424
[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,715 posts
3,902 battles
19 minutes ago, VGLance said:

Never played the game but yeah, I believe what you're describing is what I'm talking about.  It's simply about the idea and feeling of knowing that your effort is building toward something useful that sticks around and doesn't just get reset every 15-20 minutes.

Yea kinda like planetside. 

But this is a Wargaming product where lobby PVP is the name of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,135
[WOLF7]
Members
10,611 posts
23 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Nonsense.

People who can't hack it in +/-2 MM are just blaming MM for their lack of skill.

 

 

Or alternatively, you simply refuse to admit the fact that the vast majority of players don't look at this as a competitive game and don't care for the imbalance created by -2+ MM?:cap_hmm: 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,152
[SALVO]
Members
18,055 posts
18,641 battles
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

 

Or alternatively, you simply refuse to admit the fact that the vast majority of players don't look at this as a competitive game and don't care for the imbalance created by -2+ MM?:cap_hmm: 

The fact that any game where people are playing against other people is by default competitive.  That's a FACT!!!  If you're not playing such a game competitively, then you're just one of those yutzs who think that the best way to play volleyball is to see how long you can keep the ball in the air.  :Smile_facepalm:  I have little sympathy for that sort of "player".

 

Edited by Crucis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,620
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,826 posts
3,895 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The fact that any game where people are playing against other people is by default competitive.  That's a FACT!!!  If you're not playing such a game competitively, then you're just one of those yutzs who think that the best way to play volleyball is to see how long you can keep the ball in the air.  :Smile_facepalm:  I have little sympathy for that sort of "player".

This head-in-the-sand elitist attitude isn't good for the game as a whole, you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,152
[SALVO]
Members
18,055 posts
18,641 battles
23 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

 

I can hack it in +/-2.

 

Doesn't make it fun.

 

When I'm top tier, I'm an unstoppable monster for the guys -2 tiers down.

 

When I'm bottom tier, I have to scurry around like a rat taking potshots for meager results whenever I feel like I can do something without ringing the dinner bell.

 

It's not fun. And players running into the wall at tier 5 are quitting the game, which is contributing to the attrition and the lack of new blood.

 

I don't care how elitist you are or how you think it's "good" to drive people out of the game. This is not healthy for the game and your attitude or "Adapt to being seal clubbed or quit, no improvement can possibly be made" is not beneficial to the game.

I don't think that it's good to drive people out of the game.  At the same time, I don't think that it's good to always surrender to a bunch of whiney little snowflakes who don't have a competitive bone in their bodies.  The fact of the matter is that not every top tier player is seal clubbing bottom tier players.  There are plenty of top tier potatoes who get their butts handed to them by good players in bottom tier ships.

What's not FUN is playing a game that's designed to appease the lowest common denominator snowflakes who refuse to man up and face a challenge, and are constantly looking for the easy way out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
902
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The fact that any game where people are playing against other people is by default competitive.  That's a FACT!!!  If you're not playing such a game competitively, then you're just one of those yutzs who think that the best way to play volleyball is to see how long you can keep the ball in the air.  :Smile_facepalm:  I have little sympathy for that sort of "player".

They're playing the game as it's meant to be played, but they want to have fun more than they want to win. They still want to win, of course.

Anyway, accepting +/-2 doesn't make you tougher or whatever than someone who wants +/-1.

Edited by Elegant_Winter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×