Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea

Missed collections, chance to reacquire?

16 comments in this topic

Members
728 posts
3,804 battles

For those who come later to the game, or missed due to real life, or started the game because of the movie Dunkirk, will these people ever get a chance to shoot for these special rewards?

I am, selfishly, asking because due to real life I missed out on Jack Dunkirk.  But, for those folks who want the Bismarck that come later on into the WoWS community, what about them?

Just curious...

Good sailing everyone.

~B

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles
2 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

We kinda thought that about the ARP ships.

The collections aren't comparable to the ARP ships. For one, ARP was a collaboration with another company, the collections were not.

ARP is not returning. December was their Last Hurrah.

There's a chance for collections like Dunkirk and Bismarck to return because these are completely internal WG creations.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,719 posts
11,332 battles

Nope. I saw someone with some authority weigh in on this in a previous thread (looked but didn't find it) and they said that there was basically no chance of revisiting old collections and that if you didn't get Jack then that's that. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles
2 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Nope. I saw someone with some authority weigh in on this in a previous thread (looked but didn't find it) and they said that there was basically no chance of revisiting old collections and that if you didn't get Jack then that's that. 

I could be remembering incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure @NikoPower stated it may happen?

Correct me if I'm wrong, that thread's pretty buried.

Edited by AraAragami

[WOLF4]
Members
128 posts
3,189 battles

On the plus side, WG is always running some sort of special. Suggest you try the operations as you can earn 10 point captains there pretty easily.

Welcome to the community. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles

However WG's promotional materials have made it very clear that Isoroku Yamamoto and the Yamamoto collections are permanent and not going to become 'unavailable' like Dunkirk or Bismarck did.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,801 posts
18,743 battles
24 minutes ago, Beornotns said:

For those who come later to the game, or missed due to real life, or started the game because of the movie Dunkirk, will these people ever get a chance to shoot for these special rewards?

I am, selfishly, asking because due to real life I missed out on Jack Dunkirk.  But, for those folks who want the Bismarck that come later on into the WoWS community, what about them?

Just curious...

Good sailing everyone.

~B

No Johnny come lately so sorry 

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles
1 hour ago, AraAragami said:

The collections aren't comparable to the ARP ships. For one, ARP was a collaboration with another company, the collections were not.

ARP is not returning. December was their Last Hurrah.

There's a chance for collections like Dunkirk and Bismarck to return because these are completely internal WG creations.

They still didn't have to offer all the previous ships at the end. it's the same thing as the collection, They could have let you miss out on Any number of ships you weren't around for, calling them a Collaborative one time event .  They didn't, they brought back all the ships from the beginning to give everyone a shot at them one last time.

Being that the Collections are WGs, there is nothing stopping them from bringing them back , say once a year, if they so choose.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles
3 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

They still didn't have to offer all the previous ships at the end. it's the same thing as the collection, They could have let you miss out on Any number of ships you weren't around for, calling them a Collaborative one time event .  They didn't, they brought back all the ships from the beginning to give everyone a shot at them one last time.

Being that the Collections are WGs, there is nothing stopping them from bringing them back , say once a year, if they so choose.

December was still within the contract period, so no it's not really comparable and was still within WG's rights to re-release them like that.

And I'm on the side of "Bring collections back periodically", before you lose sight of who is arguing what, here.

Edited by AraAragami

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles
1 minute ago, AraAragami said:

December was still within the contract period, so no it's not really comparable and was still within WG's rights to re-release them like that.

And I'm on the side of "Bring collections back periodically", before you lose sight of who is arguing what, here.

I honestly have no idea what you are arguing, we are both agreeing with each other. LoL

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles

The event itself probably wont come back, but there will most likely be the crates in the premium shop at one point.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,719 posts
11,332 battles
1 hour ago, AraAragami said:

I could be remembering incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure @NikoPower stated it may happen?

Correct me if I'm wrong, that thread's pretty buried.

I think your right, but I'm not a 100% sure. I didn't care enough to keep digging for it lol.

Edit: Yup, Nuk_ dug it up.

Edited by Kapitan_Wuff

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles
Just now, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I think your right, but I'm not a 100% sure. I didn't care enough to keep digging for it lol.

Someone already did and I was remembering it incorrectly.

Sign in to follow this