Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Not_Your_Average_Potato

Doesn't matter if you do wel or bad. You will always get reported

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
147 posts
11,659 battles

Been playing CV for about a month and a half now.  I think I consider myself average in CV play.  But notice everyone seems to blame CV players a lot.  Even though u do the best u can.  Shoot down enemy planes and sink ships there wil always be that one guy the wil report u.  I mostly play BB and honestly I almost get complimented in most games.  My personal opinion is cv requires much more attention than any other class ships.  But also I understand it's not people's favourite.  I don't mind playing them as I have invested in the Kaga and Saipan.  Also have the Hikuryu but unfortunately my win rate is rather poorly in that ship.  Seems like most of the time I am up against unicum cv players lol.  Anyways just a rant I guess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,717 battles

1.  "Everyone blames the CV a lot"  Well that's because the CV is single-handedly the most decisive ship on your team.  If it being driven well, it's devastatingly clear.  If it is, then still players will expect you to protect them.
2.  It's tough to not get reported when random players rage report.  Gotta just work through it.
3.  Your personal opinion about CV's needing more attention is absolutely correct.


Just keep working at it, keep a positive attitude, and you'll get there.  Reports will stop, reds will be sunk, teams will work together.  Well maybe not all of that, but it's a start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,244
[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,561 battles
6 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola_KiboshYou said:

I always use up my daily report quota on Minotaurs, friend or foe because I find them vile.

There needs to be a new report reason "report for <insert OP ship name here>"

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
147 posts
11,659 battles
3 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Don't play CVs if you are worried about your Karma....

Not worried about karma. Just noticed that everyone expects u as a CV player to do everything at the same time lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,087
[SPTR]
Members
3,457 posts
5,656 battles

Such is true for any ships. Unless you blow up right at the moment you see the enemy to their guns or torps, compliment their nice aim while their enjoys a sense of accomplishment in front of their computer screens, they will always report you.

Oh wait, if you do that, your teammate's gonna report you...

Err...

Edited by The_first_harbinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
612 posts
7,248 battles
1 minute ago, skull_122_steel said:

I never report anyone unless there AFK(the worst sin there is)

what if their game crashed like I always/rarely do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,311
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts
6,631 battles

I was in a match with you earlier, you played better than me. (not hard, but means you were doing your job.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
16 minutes ago, DJ_PON3_ZaNe said:

what if their game crashed like I always/rarely do?

I only report them if A. there still at spawn and haven't moved or B. the went AFK when the team starts losing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
94
[ML-S]
Members
284 posts
4,021 battles
16 minutes ago, DJ_PON3_ZaNe said:

what if their game crashed like I always/rarely do?

You can tell by the turrets.  If the rear turrets are turned, they are in the match and AFK.  If the turrets at at the default position (the way they appear in port) they are not in the match and likely either haven't loaded in or got DC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
663
[-VT3-]
Members
1,606 posts
3,346 battles
7 minutes ago, Horama said:

You can tell by the turrets.  If the rear turrets are turned, they are in the match and AFK.  If the turrets at at the default position (the way they appear in port) they are not in the match and likely either haven't loaded in or got DC.

Nelson is stealth-afk bote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
83
[DD214]
Members
757 posts
29 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

I never report anyone unless there AFK(the worst sin there is)

Seems a bit judgmental. There are people who have power outages due to weather, ISP drops (had tractor trailer knock my line down once when it was routed on my street due to a wreck). To me the worst sin is deliberately TKimg a team mate. Sitting near a cap as the team loses on points is a close second. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,666
[TBW]
Members
6,311 posts
11,857 battles

Empathy and Apathy, I don't know and I don't care. I don't know because I never check, I don't care because there is no control over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,005
[PVE]
Members
5,305 posts
17,730 battles
43 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

I never report anyone unless there AFK(the worst sin there is)

With as buggy as the game has been recently, I don't bother with this one. Lots of people having problems with the game crashing so I always assume they are having technical problems and don't bother with reporting afk's anymore. Seems pointless since it may not be their fault. Have played lots of online, multiplayer games and have never seen so many problems keeping players connected in a game. Lag used to be the huge problem, connection issues, not so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[TBOW]
Members
1,175 posts
10,410 battles

The reports are people right clicking on your name and reporting you for things like plays poorly, afk stuff like that.  If you play CVs having a really thick skin is a must, especially starting out.  You can be one of the top people on the team and you will still get reported.  Though you will get complements too from time to time, for saving someone's bacon.  More likely you will get reported because you don't have 6 arms so you can run 3  keyboards so you can handle all the squardrons at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,005
[PVE]
Members
5,305 posts
17,730 battles
3 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

 More likely you will get reported because you don't have 6 arms so you can run 3  keyboards so you can handle all the squardrons at once.

Well you should get some arm implants just like all the best carrier drivers have! I agree with you though, people can really be buttheads to carrier captains sometimes, a thick skin is a must.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[TBOW]
Members
1,175 posts
10,410 battles
4 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well you should get some arm implants just like all the best carrier drivers have! I agree with you though, people can really be buttheads to carrier captains sometimes, a thick skin is a must.

Actually got a complement 2 days ago, I was in the Enterprise and the teams were down to 4-5 people a side, so I went and capped A on the Land of Fire map, fact that I had my carrier up close was why I could.  Still lost the game but there are a few people out there if you work hard at it and contribute they give a pat on the back once in a while.

Edited by gcangel82
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,005
[PVE]
Members
5,305 posts
17,730 battles
10 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

Actually got a complement 2 days ago, I was in the Enterprise and the teams were down to 4-5 people a side, so I went and capped A on the Land of Fire map, fact that I had my carrier up close was why I could.  Still lost the game but there are a few people out there if you work at at and contribute they give a pat on the back once in a while.

Absolutely. I think a lot of the "salt" you get for being in a carrier is because you are often away from the action near the back. Some players appreciate it when you move forward with them and take the same chances they are taking by exposing yourself to enemy fire. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,933
[SYN]
Members
14,350 posts
10,224 battles
On 8/28/2017 at 4:55 PM, Sock5 said:

1.  "Everyone blames the CV a lot"  Well that's because the CV is single-handedly the most decisive ship on your team.  If it being driven well, it's devastatingly clear.  If it is, then still players will expect you to protect them.
2.  It's tough to not get reported when random players rage report.  Gotta just work through it.
3.  Your personal opinion about CV's needing more attention is absolutely correct.


Just keep working at it, keep a positive attitude, and you'll get there.  Reports will stop, reds will be sunk, teams will work together.  Well maybe not all of that, but it's a start.

Pretty much.

DDs, even if they go 50 knots (36 knots being more typical), cannot be everywhere at once
CVs have bombers that go 140knots+ and multiple squadrons, so they have more control over the map.

CA/CL AA bubbles are a double edged sword. If those CA/CL are out in open ocean and spotted, they are risking a lot of HP to protect friendly ships. Most of them steam around at a sluggish 32.5 knots
CVs have fighters that go 150knots+, in multiple squadrons with strafe that's even stronger than DFAA. (assuming you aren't USN strike load out)

So yes, there is a lot that a CV can do and is expected to do, which is why CVs earn the ire of everyone else.
Now, if WG would actually fix the whole CV situation, instead of releasing 4 premium CVs, 3 of which are completely broken, then that would be nice and long overdue.
But until then...

Edited by MrDeaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
87
[M_L]
[M_L]
Beta Testers
321 posts
8,831 battles
1 minute ago, MrDeaf said:

Now, if WG would actually fix the whole CV situation, instead of releasing 4 premium CVs, 3 of which are completely broken, then that would be nice and long overdue.

I have to ask Which one isn't broken?

As I only see Kaga and Graf Zeppelin as broken. Kaga cause lol apha, and Graf cause Graf (need I say more). Saipan has either 6 attack torpedo bombers which is the least amount of strike, with AS sure you can shut down the opposing carrier but that 1 dive bomber squad isn't going to carry many games. Sure you don't lose aircraft but you don't have that many aircraft to lose  so I say high skill cap but balanced. Enterprise I also see as balanced due to tier 7 planes at tier 8 and low number of reserve strike aircraft. Although the AP bombs seem to be the second most consistent weapon in the game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,933
[SYN]
Members
14,350 posts
10,224 battles
3 hours ago, Grathew said:

I have to ask Which one isn't broken?

As I only see Kaga and Graf Zeppelin as broken. Kaga cause lol apha, and Graf cause Graf (need I say more). Saipan has either 6 attack torpedo bombers which is the least amount of strike, with AS sure you can shut down the opposing carrier but that 1 dive bomber squad isn't going to carry many games. Sure you don't lose aircraft but you don't have that many aircraft to lose  so I say high skill cap but balanced. Enterprise I also see as balanced due to tier 7 planes at tier 8 and low number of reserve strike aircraft. Although the AP bombs seem to be the second most consistent weapon in the game.  

Enterprise is the least broken out of the four.

GZ:... just lol.
Kaga: Broken strike loadout with 2x 6-wing TB squadrons. WG nerfed USN strike loadouts, because 2x 6-wing TB squadrons were stupidly OP.
Saipan: T9 planes with broken strafe. I mean, really now. Not only are the T9 fighters difficult to shoot down, but they have zero penalty when strafing out.
Enterprise: most balanced, but can be situational at dealing damage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×