You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

Do We have a Date on British BBs

37 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles

After GZ, do you really want WG to marry themselves to a specific date for ships that are still in testing?

• Cool 4

[HRDP]
Members
2,683 posts
8,109 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

After GZ, do you really want WG to marry themselves to a specific date for ships that are still in testing?

Especially considering that from the looks of it, Conqueror is still gloriously OP. Though most of the rest of the line seems pretty balanced.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles
1 minute ago, skull_122_steel said:

this weekend I think because the missions are up on thursday.

100% not 'this weekend' because tech tree releases always happen with server patches.

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,762 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

That's why God invented central air.

3f4.gif

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
11,944 posts
3,863 battles

Patience, young grasshopper

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,888 battles
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

Notser guesses 1-2-3 weeks at 0:17

Oh boy the great YouTube Gods have spoken.   On a serious note though I think its going to be whenever 6.10 comes out.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,103 posts
18,616 battles
4 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

this weekend I think because the missions are up on thursday.

Nope. While WG try to make a big/content  patch every 3 weeks the patch usually comes a week after PT is finished. Since PTS was till today next week will be the earliest date for the next patch. Considering the hype WG make about the BB my bet is the 6th.

Supertester
2,589 posts
8,274 battles

We'll probably see the 6.10 patch announcement tomorrow, if you follow recent development cycles...

Major patch... 

1 week later... First PTS. 

1 week after that... Second PTS. 

The Wednesday after second PTS closes... Major patch. 

They should come with this next patch, which should be Wednesday... But it's all subjective. They could decide to kick the patch back another week and do another round of testing, but I doubt it. 

Members
417 posts
12,490 battles

My guess is this week. I assumed they wanted to keep them unreleased so they'd have something to show off at Gamescom but that's over now. The missions end Thursday and PTS is done as well.

Also my guess = my hope

Could be next week, who knows.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
4 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Nope. While WG try to make a big/content  patch every 3 weeks the patch usually comes a week after PT is finished. Since PTS was till today next week will be the earliest date for the next patch. Considering the hype WG make about the BB my bet is the 6th.

Patches usually drop the first Wednesday(for NA) following the end of a PTS. So at earliest it could be this Wednesday.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[-V-]
Members
803 posts
3,613 battles
27 minutes ago, Lert said:

I wouldn't blame them if it was held off.

I had read sometime at 10 or 10.1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,651 posts
9,964 battles

I'm kind of hoping for this Wednesday with a possible 6.10 patch.

During Gamescom seemed like a reasonable theory, but now the best to go on is maybe the RN mission ending on 31 August.

Of course it's only been 89 days since the ships were first shown by WG, so I assume another 3-4 weeks of testing is probably in order...

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts
6,631 battles

Delayed, probably.

There were expected at the beginning of September, but after last weekend's meltdown? I wouldn't be surprised if all WG staff took a long holiday to recover and let wounds heal before releasing more ships.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,103 posts
18,616 battles
21 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Patches usually drop the first Wednesday(for NA) following the end of a PTS. So at earliest it could be this Wednesday.

Last patches came one week after PT. There was still talk that the RN BB are work in progress. 

[-SYN-]
Members
212 posts
4,240 battles

I'd say it's probably close, as you don't do reward missions for the ships if they aren't nearing completion.

That said, seeing as we have no patch notes yet I'd think probably next week at the earliest, more likely it'll be a background patch to bring in all their stats and such up to this point, then timelock it to sometime mid-month.

I'd see what news we get this week/with the september event calender, and see what Pidgeon is running in this stream this week.

Edited by TheGreyGhost91

Members
5,578 posts
3,950 battles

I like that there's not a date. As others have said, the developers ought to be given the time they need to do what they have to do.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,035 posts
9,184 battles
45 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Delayed, probably.

There were expected at the beginning of September, but after last weekend's meltdown? I wouldn't be surprised if all WG staff took a long holiday to recover and let wounds heal before releasing more ships.

Or the opposite. Get new ships out right away to break the attention away. Best I can tell the RN BB's are in final form. My guess is a week at the most.

Also those nice little articles on each ship ended today so......:Smile_izmena: There be DRAGONS!!!!

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,762 battles

/sarcasm

British ships are in final testing phase. Romulan Cloaking devices and greek fire throwers have been replaced in favor of Explosive Reactive Armor tiles and APFSDS ammo. Further testing will be required.

[WOLF4]
Beta Testers
434 posts
1 hour ago, ryuukei8569 said:

Especially considering that from the looks of it, Conqueror is still gloriously OP. Though most of the rest of the line seems pretty balanced.

The last I read they removed the 12 smaller gun set up and only the 8 gun setup remains.  That basically reduces potential damage by 33%, but I haven't heard since if it is still over performing or not.