You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fog_Battleship_Alabama

Ships that drive them selfs

12 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
440 posts
2,507 battles

I'm playing the mission coops i'm on arpg battleship yes collision is turned off which wouldn't matter i'm in open water but I have no control of my ship its like its on auto pilot only thing i had control over were the guns ship would steer its self like was the AI commanders ship I had zero control other then that iv never seen this bug before wouldn't even know how to make it happen again other then fact it happened

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,768 battles

This could be a number of things....did you have a course plotted through the map?

Also, do you have a replay to help showcase this?  It'd really help the guys and gals out.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,957 posts
12,479 battles

Can someone translate?

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,768 battles
10 minutes ago, Lert said:

Can someone translate?

I'm playing the mission Co-Op.
I'm in an ARP Battleship.
Yes, collision is turned off...but that wouldn't matter as I'm sailing in open water.
But I have no control of my ship.  
It's like it is on auto pilot...only thing I had control over were the guns.  The ship would steer itself as if the commander was AI.  
I've never seen this bug before so I wouldn't even know how to make it happen again other than it happened to me already.

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,571 battles

Connection problems? Keys stuck? Do you happen to have a replay? This happened to me once and what I did was enable and disable auto pilot, and mash my A and D keys to fix the problem, but it took like 2 minutes.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,957 posts
12,479 battles
7 minutes ago, Sock5 said:

I've never seen this bug before so I wouldn't even know how to make it happen again other than it happened to me already.

I've not encountered this problem myself and wouldn't know what could be causing it other than severe lag / packet loss. Other than that I can't help you, sorry.

Members
9,868 posts

Actually I saw this last night too.

Running my Pod with last stand. I take a hit in the rudder of course, and even with last stand, I had no control of my ship. It was stuck turning right, right into some torps, and no matter how many times I slammed left, it would not respond.

Ping and fps were solid at the time.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
3 minutes ago, _Luna said:

Was your rudder hit?

Makes sense, lost control and keeps moving the same direction until fixed.

OP, you have a replay? 

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,477 battles

Actually, I've had control loss before myself, maybe 2 or 3 times.  Once I had to completely bail and reload the game to fix it.

[TF16B]
Members
8,065 posts
17,029 battles
On 8/28/2017 at 1:38 PM, Fog_Battleship_Alabama said:

I'm playing the mission coops i'm on arpg battleship yes collision is turned off which wouldn't matter i'm in open water but I have no control of my ship its like its on auto pilot only thing i had control over were the guns ship would steer its self like was the AI commanders ship I had zero control other then that iv never seen this bug before wouldn't even know how to make it happen again other then fact it happened

A +1 here, because I waited too long to give it to you in the Ops battle we just had together. Sorry.

[PVE]
Members
5,317 posts
17,820 battles
On 8/28/2017 at 2:28 PM, awiggin said:

Actually I saw this last night too.

Running my Pod with last stand. I take a hit in the rudder of course, and even with last stand, I had no control of my ship. It was stuck turning right, right into some torps, and no matter how many times I slammed left, it would not respond.

Ping and fps were solid at the time.

In another thread someone complained a few days ago about the same issue, loss of control/movement even with a captain with Last Stand. This is starting to sound like a bug.