Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
C3ntraSWAT

Graf Spee or Molotov?

16 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
518 battles

I feel like spending some money on a premium ship. The only premium I've ever bought before was the Ishizuchi and I still have mixed feelings about it even though it was free due to invite code. At any rate, there's 3 options for the Graf Spee right now with 6, 8 and 10 pt capts in addition to other stuff at the 2 different price points. I'd probably go for the $24.99 option with the 6 pt capt. 

For a a similar price however, there's the Molotov. It just comes with the ship and port slot and nothing else. My dilemma is due to play styles. Both have big guns for what they are but the Molotov is arguably more versatile and kind of seems like a baby Atlanta that trades ROF for bigger guns. Graf has even bigger guns(albeit slower and with less of them) and much better torps. I feel like I'd enjoy both of them equally but in different ways but I'm not keen on buying 2 ships at one time as I'm not a big premium guy. The game is free so I don't want to get carried away. Either of these ships will just be for fun. I'm not planning on using them for earning credits and XP or training captains.

What would you buy if you were me?

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles

the Graf spee is great not the most competitive but is fun the molotov is a bit to squishy for my liking but is fun I would go for the graf but my opinion is not always the best 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,133 posts
9,224 battles

Graf is very versatile and fun. I would go with Graf (I have both)

[HINON]
Supertester
18,974 posts
12,488 battles

The ships can't be compared other than that they're tier 6 and nominally called 'cruiser'.

Graf Spee:

• Slow
  • Fat
  • Tanky
  • Powerful guns that can do serious hurt to battleships
  • Not sutied for killing DDs
  • Great torpedoes
  • Trains German captains

Molotov:

• Fast
  • Soft
  • Mediocre torpedoes
  • Good for killing DDs
  • Burninates the countryside
  • Trains Russian captains

Read Mouse's reviews of Graf Spee and Molotov.

• Cool 1

[DRI-S]
[DRI-S]
Members
570 posts
16,455 battles

I have both, Molotov rail guns very accurate, armor meh, GP not that accurate guns - BUT the hit hard, torpedoes are quite good. Between both I suggest the GP. GL

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,571 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

Image result for why not both meme kiss

This will be WG after every time someone says to buy each premium that the OP wants instead of just 1.

• Cool 1

Members
280 posts
9,326 battles

I feel it would be a mistake for you to get any higher tier premium ships at this point. You have barely started you career & have much more to learn about before you try your luck with higher tiers. You will get frustrated & regret your purchase. Also you have most of your ships in the US line, so neither of the 2 ships you listed will help with commander training. Looking at your Ishizuchi numbers its clear to me you need more experience with tactics. Since it got buffed, Ishy is a really good ship against all classes, except planes, & your damage numbers should be higher.

I'm happy to see you are willing to help support our game with a purchase, but I would recommend you purchase some premium time instead of a premium ship. This will increase the training rate of all your commanders, regardless of nationality, and also increase greatly the amount of credits you earn per battle. You can use those extra credits for upgrades & premium consumables...

In a nutshell, getting mauled at higher tiers is no fun...

Edit to add my pick to answer your ?:  If i had to choose I would go with molotov, as the grafs gun dispersion & rate of fire  will drive you crazy if your not used to it...

Edited by bigalow87
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,632 posts
25,386 battles

Never get a Premium ship above your level. You will not fit in until you have faced that tier for a while.

That said, pay attention to Lert's answer. That tell you what you  need.

Having both, I'd go for Molotov. Tougher to play but more fun (to me).

[CVA16]
Members
2,195 posts
9,666 battles

Will the Molotov be greatly affected by the IFHE change?

Graf Spee obviously will not. (I assume nobody runs IFHE on the Spee)

[BB22]
Members
136 posts
21,902 battles
4 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Will the Molotov be greatly affected by the IFHE change?

Graf Spee obviously will not. (I assume nobody runs IFHE on the Spee)

No, you don't need ifhe on the Molotov.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,194 posts
4,125 battles
On 8/28/2017 at 2:30 PM, C3ntraSWAT said:

I feel like spending some money on a premium ship. The only premium I've ever bought before was the Ishizuchi and I still have mixed feelings about it even though it was free due to invite code. At any rate, there's 3 options for the Graf Spee right now with 6, 8 and 10 pt capts in addition to other stuff at the 2 different price points. I'd probably go for the $24.99 option with the 6 pt capt. 

For a a similar price however, there's the Molotov. It just comes with the ship and port slot and nothing else. My dilemma is due to play styles. Both have big guns for what they are but the Molotov is arguably more versatile and kind of seems like a baby Atlanta that trades ROF for bigger guns. Graf has even bigger guns(albeit slower and with less of them) and much better torps. I feel like I'd enjoy both of them equally but in different ways but I'm not keen on buying 2 ships at one time as I'm not a big premium guy. The game is free so I don't want to get carried away. Either of these ships will just be for fun. I'm not planning on using them for earning credits and XP or training captains.

What would you buy if you were me?

Spee, Molotov is a beautiful ship, but Charmin as armor.  

Members
1,513 posts
7,984 battles

Hey

I only have the Graf Spee but she is one of my favorite boats, period.  I would highly recommend it.  Great all around tormentor to anything afloat, buy it!

Pete

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,324 posts
14,705 battles

I have both.  You will have more consistency with a Graf Spee as opposed to a Molotov.  Molotov is a glorious ship when everyone ignores her but can be challenging.  Graf Spee is considerably more forgiving and will contribute at whatever tier battle it's placed in.

Sign in to follow this