Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Horama

Help Needed

3 comments in this topic

[ML-S]
Members
284 posts
4,034 battles

So... my ISP seems to be throttling the port 6881 (Warships update port) down to a partly 2kb/s from the 500mb/s I should be getting and do get on other ports.  In the warships launcher settings, there is a spot to specify the incoming connection port.  If I change this port, should it fix the throttling or will it just mess up my launcher?  I wanted to ask here first before I submit a ticket since this isn't WG's fault.

edit: I am using the old launcher

Edited by Horama

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,713 posts
4,699 battles

The question is a bit outside my skills and knowledge however, have you tried setting and limiting the download speed instead of leaving it at Unlimited?  In the past I had a similar situation where I would get a very, very low download rate on the client, but if I was to select a preferred MB/s instead of leaving it unlimited the speed would pick back up.  (This is all with the old launcher and not the new "gaming center" client as well so if this is no longer an option I apologize)

[ML-S]
Members
284 posts
4,034 battles
2 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

The question is a bit outside my skills and knowledge however, have you tried setting and limiting the download speed instead of leaving it at Unlimited?  In the past I had a similar situation where I would get a very, very low download rate on the client, but if I was to select a preferred MB/s instead of leaving it unlimited the speed would pick back up.  (This is all with the old launcher and not the new "gaming center" client as well so if this is no longer an option I apologize)

My bad, I should have specified that I am using the old launcher.  I will try this at the next update.  Thanks for the help!

Sign in to follow this