You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gruntdog_3

Recent Nerfing

33 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,293 battles
1 hour ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

Around a month ago WG nerfed Des Moines so badly that even a him from an M240 Tracer round will set it on fire. I no longer use it (It was my #1 ship). Now, prior to the RN ship release, they have also nerfed the Prinz Eugen, Hindenburg, Tirpitz et al., down to nothing more than gas stations with a leaking refill tanker. I am inclined to believe that this has been done to sell RN BB's. WG what you are doing is wrong. Either put the ships back to what they were when I bought/grinded for them or I am out when my various credits are out. For those of you who think I am just whining, don't bother to send post. Straight fact. 

A1UpeFf.gif

Double posted for salt content.

[RUSHB]
[RUSHB]
Members
130 posts
16,085 battles
1 hour ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

Around a month ago WG nerfed Des Moines so badly that even a him from an M240 Tracer round will set it on fire. I no longer use it (It was my #1 ship). Now, prior to the RN ship release, they have also nerfed the Prinz Eugen, Hindenburg, Tirpitz et al., down to nothing more than gas stations with a leaking refill tanker. I am inclined to believe that this has been done to sell RN BB's. WG what you are doing is wrong. Either put the ships back to what they were when I bought/grinded for them or I am out when my various credits are out. For those of you who think I am just whining, don't bother to send post. Straight fact. 

lol

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,252 posts
39 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I ran a couple Prinz Eugan Co-Op missions to train my Gneisenau captain last night.

The ship caught on fire with the first round from a DD.  I waited until I had 3 fires, and the DD dead before putting them out.

Next up my counterpart -- I sent over AP, it sent HE and set me on fire again...  waited until I had two fires, launched torpedoes, dodged the bot's torps, and put the fires out again.

At this point, I'm pretty low on health and as Co-Op battles go - nearing the end.  Lexington is lit up and I'm lobbing shells over..  Bombers set me on fire -- AGAIN..  DC on cool-down..   I'm sending salvo after salvo - finally sunk the Lex before I burned down.  Game over.

Yes, I would have burned down if I didn't sink that last bot ship -- I was pretty low.

So...   Yes..  I'll confirm your bias.

Go ahead and grab a friend, and go into the training rooms. One of you should be in the PE, and the other in a ship that does a low amount of HE damage—something like the Akizuki if perfect for this, though take her out without a trained captain or any flags, so that the fire chance is at it's baseline. Then, have whoever's in the Akizuki pound the PE with HE, and document the fires that break out. Rinse and repeat until you have a sizeable amount of data to pull from. I'd say, do it until you can document 100 or more fires. 

Then, do the same thing, but replace the PE with any other T8 ship.

I think you'll find that her fire resistances are in line with all other ships at that tier.   

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,186 posts
15,761 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

I've heard from many people about UFOs, Bigfoot and house hauntings.

You have the coolest friends, bro!

[OPG]
[OPG]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,574 battles

You found the top-secret nerfs that nobody was ever supposed to know about. 

They nerfed those ships just to worsen your personal gaming experience. 

giphy.gif

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

I wouldn't put it past them to sneak in something, but regardless you don't really have any solid proof.

They do things to make new premiums to look more attractive though. The one event that gave you thr Bismarck was before the Enterprise  (i believe) was released.

AP bombs that do massive dmg to German BBs. Throw more out into the population = more targets.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,718 posts
10,291 battles
17 hours ago, RivertheRoyal said:

Go ahead and grab a friend, and go into the training rooms. One of you should be in the PE, and the other in a ship that does a low amount of HE damage—something like the Akizuki if perfect for this, though take her out without a trained captain or any flags, so that the fire chance is at it's baseline. Then, have whoever's in the Akizuki pound the PE with HE, and document the fires that break out. Rinse and repeat until you have a sizeable amount of data to pull from. I'd say, do it until you can document 100 or more fires. 

Then, do the same thing, but replace the PE with any other T8 ship.

I think you'll find that her fire resistances are in line with all other ships at that tier.   

Thank you for reading my attempt at humor. 

I won't be doing such an in-depth study like this because:

1) This game is a diversion from life's troubles, not one of them.

2) This whole game is a programmed scenario, and when doing a 'scientific' study, must understand I don't have control of all the variables, or even know what they are.  It's like doing a study of a card game you don't know the rules to.  The person who made the rules won't tell you what they are, they tell you if you win or lose.  Furthermore, the person making the rules can change them at any time without notice.

3)  As far as I'm concerned, there are 'RNG' knobs on the side of the server with each player's name on it.  Who adjusts these and why this is done is another game that is played on us.  I understand this and find enjoyment in the game anyway.

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,942 battles

Gruntdog here again. I have fought a lot of battles since my post on nerfing German ships to give the Brit, BB's a 'chance'. Now, not only do I burn at the passing of a Texas Chili F*rt I can no longer see thru' the smoke unless I go down to 'sea level'. get real WG. I will not go for Brit ships. Level the field, even if it hurts your wallet.