Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gruntdog_3

Recent Nerfing

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

79
[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,753 battles

Around a month ago WG nerfed Des Moines so badly that even a him from an M240 Tracer round will set it on fire. I no longer use it (It was my #1 ship). Now, prior to the RN ship release, they have also nerfed the Prinz Eugen, Hindenburg, Tirpitz et al., down to nothing more than gas stations with a leaking refill tanker. I am inclined to believe that this has been done to sell RN BB's. WG what you are doing is wrong. Either put the ships back to what they were when I bought/grinded for them or I am out when my various credits are out. For those of you who think I am just whining, don't bother to send post. Straight fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,074
[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,225 posts
3,079 battles

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Changelogs_for_World_of_Warships

 

Here is a list of patch notes for WoWs. Please go in there, and indicate where these ships were changed. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,424
[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles
6 minutes ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

Straight fact. 

Still waiting for you to post any facts.

YBNzFfu.jpg

Des Memes has not been nerfed.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles

This is not the only player to express concerns about a  ship all of a sudden being more  vulnerable to fires or big hits.

I have heard in game from many Kurfurst players who are expressing sudden concern about their ship being lit on fire more often at an alarming rate.

Not that it was not easy to gets fires on it to start with but more like every other salvo puts 2 or 3 fires on them at will. 

Now there is no proof of such and adjustment it is really a feel type thing.

But a player who has played 2 or 3 hundred battles in a ship is going to know when something is off with it, that is just my take on things

I personally have not noticed this in my Kurfurst because i make it my first priority to take out anything that has radar, smoke, or sets fires at will.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,424
[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles
2 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

I have heard in game from many Kurfurst players who are expressing sudden concern about their ship being lit on fire more often at an alarming rate.

I've heard from many people about UFOs, Bigfoot and house hauntings.

Do you honestly think that if a nerf has really happened and for some reason wasn't in the patch logs, the dataminers wouldn't have found out and started rioting? Or that the ship's performance wouldn't have suffered?

Des Moines' recent performance is better than it has ever been. So if anything has changed about it, it was for the better.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
141
[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
681 posts
10,314 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

I've heard from many people about UFOs, Bigfoot and house hauntings.

Pretty much those ships are fine I think it's more a case of operator error and in regards to Gunster I play my Eugen and Tirpitz daily they're fine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
778
[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles
2 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

This is not the only player to express concerns about a  ship all of a sudden being more  vulnerable to fires or big hits.

I have heard in game from many Kurfurst players who are expressing sudden concern about their ship being lit on fire more often at an alarming rate.

Not that it was not easy to gets fires on it to start with but more like every other salvo puts 2 or 3 fires on them at will. 

Now there is no proof of such and adjustment it is really a feel type thing.

But a player who has played 2 or 3 hundred battles in a ship is going to know when something is off with it, that is just my take on things

Confirmation Bias.  I fell victim to it in the Bismarck and detonations from Torpedoes.  It's a slippery slope because once you start "feeling" something is off you almost get a blinder effect to all the other situations that happen.  IE I thought the Bismarck had a weakpoint near turret one and two where Torps would detonate it.  You almost ignore all the torp impacts that don't detonate you, but when it does happen it clicks in your head and leads to "OMG this is broken".  I swore up and down something was off, it wasn't until I went into the training room and actually tested it out myself by sending about 400 torpedoes at various sections of the Bismarck in 4 different trials.  (And again, even that number for data would be deemed too small)

Now I'm not saying it's NOT possible, but there needs to be testing done in order to confirm it, IE you'd need statistics from a significant number of games prior to when the phenomenon started happening, and you'd need a significant number of statistics from when someone noticed it start happening to truly tell if they changed something around, which is a feat in of itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

I've heard from many people about UFOs, Bigfoot and house hauntings.

Do you honestly think that if a nerf has really happened and for some reason wasn't in the patch logs, the dataminers wouldn't have found out and started rioting? Or that the ship's performance wouldn't have suffered?

Des Moines' recent performance is better than it has ever been. So if anything has changed about it, it was for the better.

That is just what i hear players say Lert over the past few days.  I never said they were correct but when players who play those ships everyday all of a sudden notice things you have to consider that something could have changed.

But then again i play both the Des Moines and the Kurfurst and your right  they have been my best 2 ships the past 2 weeks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,244
[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,561 battles
23 minutes ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

Prinz Eugen

23 minutes ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

Tirpitz

WG doesn't nerf premiums.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,424
[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles
Just now, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

That is just what i hear players say Lert over the past few days.

I will always trust verifiable public performance numbers over some players anecdotal feelings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles
Just now, Lert said:

I will always trust verifiable public performance numbers over some players anecdotal feelings.

Yeah your right its only been since the last update or patch that that the concerns have been coming up in chat so what 4 days maybe less.

The numbers over the long run will always tell the truth when you take into account hundreds of games played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,367
[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,198 battles
1 minute ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Yeah your right its only been since the last update or patch that that the concerns have been coming up in chat so what 4 days maybe less.

The numbers over the long run will always tell the truth when you take into account hundreds of games played.

 

It's going to be hard to sell people on a change of you can't pount to a change log backing you up. 

 

That is why it is called a change log... because it logs the changes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

i don't think you're just whining. i know you're just whining.

 

unless you can show me the data (patch notes, mined, etc) that shows these ships were nerfed, you're just blowing hot air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
193
[FOXEH]
Members
556 posts
8,398 battles

Straight fact.

WG has done nothing wrong because they have done nothing.

There have been no changes to fire resistance of any ship.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[90THS]
Members
186 posts
858 battles
39 minutes ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

Around a month ago WG nerfed Des Moines so badly that even a him from an M240 Tracer round will set it on fire. I no longer use it (It was my #1 ship). Now, prior to the RN ship release, they have also nerfed the Prinz Eugen, Hindenburg, Tirpitz et al., down to nothing more than gas stations with a leaking refill tanker. I am inclined to believe that this has been done to sell RN BB's. WG what you are doing is wrong. Either put the ships back to what they were when I bought/grinded for them or I am out when my various credits are out. For those of you who think I am just whining, don't bother to send post. Straight fact. 

 

baka.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,188
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,322 posts
9,383 battles

I ran a couple Prinz Eugan Co-Op missions to train my Gneisenau captain last night.

The ship caught on fire with the first round from a DD.  I waited until I had 3 fires, and the DD dead before putting them out.

Next up my counterpart -- I sent over AP, it sent HE and set me on fire again...  waited until I had two fires, launched torpedoes, dodged the bot's torps, and put the fires out again.

At this point, I'm pretty low on health and as Co-Op battles go - nearing the end.  Lexington is lit up and I'm lobbing shells over..  Bombers set me on fire -- AGAIN..  DC on cool-down..   I'm sending salvo after salvo - finally sunk the Lex before I burned down.  Game over.

Yes, I would have burned down if I didn't sink that last bot ship -- I was pretty low.

So...   Yes..  I'll confirm your bias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
840
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,362 posts
7,930 battles
41 minutes ago, Lert said:

Still waiting for you to post any facts.

YBNzFfu.jpg

Des Memes has not been nerfed.

 

uh this, when was my Tirpitz nerfed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,424
[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles
Just now, WanderingGhost said:

uh this, when was my Tirpitz nerfed?

Only been buffed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×