You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronWolfV

A tiny request for Enterprise

21 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles

WG can I please please PLEASE be allowed to swap out my TB squads for two DB squads loaded with HE? PLEASE?

Cause as much as I try, I just suck with those TB squads. I just can't make them work. AP DB squads are great against BBs, but I still miss having that HE option.

And yes I know, GZ has only DB squads(only HE is useful, AP dafuk WG?). But Big E's TB squads, yech. So please allow me 2/0/2(2) setup? Please?

1cr2z3.jpg

I know, nor likely to happen, but a wolf must try.

• Cool 4

[DRI-S]
[DRI-S]
Members
570 posts
16,455 battles
15 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

WG can I please please PLEASE be allowed to swap out my TB squads for two DB squads loaded with HE? PLEASE?

Cause as much as I try, I just suck with those TB squads. I just can't make them work. AP DB squads are great against BBs, but I still miss having that HE option.

And yes I know, GZ has only DB squads(only HE is useful, AP dafuk WG?). But Big E's TB squads, yech. So please allow me 2/0/2(2) setup? Please?

1cr2z3.jpg

I know, nor likely to happen, but a wolf must try.

I support that.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Can any of your CV players help me out!

How do I change the button for the manual drop?  Found it out, it is the button for the alternative mode.

Edited by joris92

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
220 posts
6,399 battles
Just now, joris92 said:

Can any of your CV players help me out!

How do I change the button for the manual drop?

what do you mean like the alt + click buttons or like switching the keyboard placement ?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,212 battles

Yeah those Enterprise TBs are bad...

I dropped on an Amagi with 2 full squadrons. Amagi is a great target - it's real long, AA isn't great, and it turns poorly. With any other USN CV I would have hit 4 or 5 torps per drop, and with IJN I wouls have hit 3 out of 4 per drop. 

I got 2 hits. The Enterprise torpedoes are so slow, spread so wide, and with the stagger pattern, the gaps a so large that an Amagi could turn away from them and avoid 8 out of 10 on a well executed manual drop. Amagi is the most vulnerable ship in Enterprise's entire tier spread, except for Fuso, but the Enterprise torps are so abysmal that an Amagi can torpedo beat a manual drop... he didn't even start turning until the fish were in the water. Its just bullcrap.

Supertester
2,589 posts
8,303 battles

Trade some okay torps for some. RNG bombs? Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm good. 

They really do need to make it so you can change what bombs you load when the planes come back for rearm though, like going from wide to narrow spread on torps. Having to pick one or the other before battle and then being stuck with it is stupid. 

[RQL]
Members
132 posts
5,895 battles

I like the Idea! any way to add more choice to the game is awsome.

but lets be honest the torps are fine, because even with a manual drop you really dont get much change in arming distance due to that crazy W shape so even if you just cross auto drop on average your only gonna get 2-4 hits doing anywhere from 6k-10k dmg.

Those AP bombs though, thats your money a good manual drop can net you 30k easy. you dont need HE bombs.

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,738 posts
2,020 battles
4 minutes ago, Goliath654 said:

you dont need HE bombs.

But said HE bombs on the Big E's DBs can screw up the Fuso so bad...or was that Nagato?

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles

What I don't understand about CV's is why you can't pick whatever squadrons you want to send. You are the captain of your own ship (right) and should be able to decide what total load out you want. I think you should get your set number of squadrons and then load it out as you choose. If I am the captain and want to send out 5 torpedo squadrons I should be able to.

[TBOW]
Members
1,192 posts
10,473 battles

What she needs is like with other ships the ability in game before a squadron loads or reloads to switch the type of bomb being loaded.  That would do more good in my opinion.  If you hit torp on a target that has just used his DC getting just 1-2 torp hits does a butt load of damage in DoT.  And being able to torp a KM BB after a devastating  AP Bomb attack would mean a lot too.  And what about torping into smoke, no torp planes means no helping deny an area because you can't force the DD or Cruiser from smoke screens..  Prefer the 222 layout but we need the ability to change bombs between attack runs.

Edited by gcangel82

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
2 hours ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

Trade some okay torps for some. RNG bombs? Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm good. 

They really do need to make it so you can change what bombs you load when the planes come back for rearm though, like going from wide to narrow spread on torps. Having to pick one or the other before battle and then being stuck with it is stupid. 

Ok torps? No independence has ok torps. Enterprise's torps...no just no.

1,542 posts
26 battles
On 28/08/2017 at 3:19 PM, IronWolfV said:

So please allow me 2/0/2(2) setup? Please?

1cr2z3.jpg

How can I say no to that little face? I'll pass your suggestions along @IronWolfV We wolves have got to stick together after all! ;)

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
2 minutes ago, WolfofWarship said:

How can I say no to that little face? I'll pass your suggestions along @IronWolfV We wolves have got to stick together after all! ;)

Thankyou!

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,040 posts
12,536 battles

Enterprise isn't meant to hit all her torpedoes. That's why she's allowed to have 10 of them in addition to the 12 AP DBs and 12 fighters. Overall, it's also part of the long-running effort by WG to make CV damage more reliable (fewer worst-case misses) but less extreme (fewer best-case hits).

As for landing the torps she does have, I've had better luck with cross-drops than the traditional close-in drops due to the spread.

Edited by Edgecase
  • Cool 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,768 posts
5,806 battles

Yep, gotta buff the Enterprise cause its not good enough now....

People complain about how good the Shokaku is and you guys want a ship buffed that has a better WR, better Avg Damage, and more Avg plane kills.

The Enterprises TB are just as useless as the Kaga's DB, perhaps the Kaga's more so. Sure the Kaga hits more bombs, might even start a fire if you are lucky....but 5 hits for 1200 damage is laughable.

Hammer and Anvil is the only way to use E's TBers. Bow drop first from range to force a no turn and side drop, unlike Kaga's tbers, which seem work best when dropped from the port and starboard quarters. Easier said than done most of the time, but that is the ideal way to do the drops.

Members
2,218 posts
4,051 battles
14 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

Yep, gotta buff the Enterprise cause its not good enough now....

People complain about how good the Shokaku is and you guys want a ship buffed that has a better WR, better Avg Damage, and more Avg plane kills.

The Enterprises TB are just as useless as the Kaga's DB, perhaps more so. Sure the Kaga hits more bombs, might even start a fire if you are lucky....but 5 hits for 1200 damage is laughable.

Hammer and Anvil is the only way to use E's TBers. Bow drop first from range to force a no turn and side drop, unlike Kaga's tbers, which seem work best when dropped from the port and starboard quarters. Easier said than done most of the time, but that is the ideal way to do the drops.

See I actually like a shallow cross drop from the stern. 

I also like that it's more about consistently getting some damage than all or nothing stacked drops.

[NEWB]
Members
47 posts
1,528 battles

maybe.. one day there will be no longer flight modules. Only the "slots" in the Harbour -consumable screen where you can change your loadout.

5 slots. 

each slot can be 5 fighters or 4 TD or 6 HE DB or 5 AP DB...

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles

While I am happy with the Enterprise overall,  I would not say no to having more options.

That being said,  the way the Big E's torpedo bombers drop makes it virtually impossible to dodge all of them in a cross drop.  It creates this nice,  nasty wall that layers in on itself and usually guarantee's a solid six hits on larger BB's and between three and four on cruisers.  Even DD's usually get caught in the net if you drop it well.