Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zubalkabir

credits at tier IX

28 comments in this topic

[DOG]
Members
376 posts
5,549 battles

I finally upgraded to my first tier IX ship, the Z46.  My first battle I went to area A with one of the cruisers.  Apparently, everyone else on both teams went to C.  We capped A and went through B on our way to join the battle.  By the time we got there, it was mostly over.  I think I got about 12-15 gun hits and maybe caused 1 fire.  I either took no damage at all, or maybe one gun hit for a few hundred points.  I ended up with negative 20,000 credits because the ship's service cost was, like, 80,000.  Is there no relationship between damage taken and the cost of post-battle service?  I get that an F-35 is going to be more expensive to operate than a Sopwith Camel, but doesn't damage received have any bearing on it?

[RUST]
Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

None at all.

Flat serve rate.

Been this way for nearly a year now.

[RIPQP]
Members
3,705 posts
14,463 battles

Damage received is not a factor regarding the service cost anymore, it used to cause the players to be much more passive t high tiers. Apparently many of them didn't get the memo yet.

[R-F]
Members
664 posts
6,150 battles

It's kind of frustrating when you get in one little fight at the start of the game, win, and then look at your map and your team has decimated the enemy and the few red survivors are at the far side of the map.  "Hey, we kicked [edited]!  ...and I'm going to lose a ton of credits."

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,417 battles

Welcome to the big leagues. This is done on purpose to make you do one of a few things.

1. Get good.  No this isn't a dig. You can get so good that you never worry about the costs.

2. Get premium time. This will easily offset the tier 9 cost. And makes WG money.

3. Grind credits in a premium ship. I mean big surprise here. WG trying to make money.

4. Keep a mid tier ship you're REALLY good at, either tier 6 or 7, and play the hell out of it to get credits.

Hope that helps.

• Cool 2

Members
6,620 posts
25,238 battles
12 minutes ago, _Luna said:

None at all.

Flat serve rate.

Been this way for nearly a year now.

^^ this

Members
6,620 posts
25,238 battles
9 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Welcome to the big leagues. This is done on purpose to make you do one of a few things.

1. Get good.  No this isn't a dig. You can get so good that you never worry about the costs.

2. Get premium time. This will easily offset the tier 9 cost. And makes WG money.

3. Grind credits in a premium ship. I mean big surprise here. WG trying to make money.

4. Keep a mid tier ship you're REALLY good at, either tier 6 or 7, and play the hell out of it to get credits.

Hope that helps.

Correct. Mid tiers are good for farming credits, esp. with a Premium account and a premium ship (something like Tirpitz, Atago, Belfast, Atlanta print credits).

Once you have a decent amount, say 20 million, you can lose 100k in a bad high-tier battle and it is no big deal. Most players who have been at high tiers for a while, have much more in the bank, 100 million, 200 million, and more. I am approaching 200 million now. If I lose a bunch in a bad battle, so what? I can make it up in one battle in Missouri or any of the other premium ships that print credits.

This way it keeps you in and makes WG money on premiums. Don't be afraid of high tiers.

Edited by alexf24
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,417 battles
4 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Correct. Mid tiers are good for farming credits, esp. with a Premium account and a premium ship (something like Tirpitz, Atago, Belfast, Atlanta print credits).

Once you have a decent amount, say 20 million, you can lose 100k in a bad high-tier battle and it is no big deal. Most players who have been at high tiers for a while, have much more in the bank, 100 million, 200 million, and more. I am approaching 200 million now. If I lose a bunch in a bad battle, so what? I can make it up in one battle in Missouri or any of the other premium ships that print credits.

This way it keeps you in and makes WG money on premiums. Don't be afraid of high tiers.

Sitting at 43mil right now, so I'm not hurting too badly. Couple of supercontainers gave me 10 mil a pop, that was helpful.

[JASH]
Beta Testers
50 posts
6,672 battles
57 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

5. Buy permanent camo for your ship it has a 5% at tier 7- 50% at tear 10 reduction on the post-battle servicing cost. And makes money for WG.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,297 battles

In my mind, though, there is possibly a legitimate complaint here that doesn't translate into the general complaint about earnings/costs at T9-10 (for which all of the above apply).  Let's imagine you spend a match doing "DD things" - capping, spotting, smoking offensively and defensively, etc. etc. - but next to no damage.  Under some circumstances, particularly if you enable a win, this can be a successful game as far as I'm concerned.  All these DD things should translate into xp for the match, but not into credit earnings (at least not at the same rate), which as I understand are tied more closely to damage, albeit at different rates for different ships.  Is the credit earning model unfair to team-oriented DDs, as it also may be to AS CVs and others?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles

Kamikaze (and clones) have kept me on the positive side of 400 million credits for ... a long time.

Find a lower tier premium you like and go farming.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

I tend to break even at t9, but lose  at t10 with free account,    currently only at 7mil, but have not played a lot recently.    have to buy charles martel next, but I can always sell something if it goes on sale.   don't really run most of my ships anyway.   about 100k from moskva, and will grind till ifhe gets nerf'd.  

my current favs are udaloi and roon anyway, so having t10s really doesnt mean much yet. 

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles

Using Operation of the Week is a great way to farm credits.  My Cleveland, Kirov and Premium Molotov are good earners and it's more fun than Co-Op, even though it's still bots.

[TBW]
Members
6,315 posts
11,857 battles
1 hour ago, IronWolfV said:

Hope that helps.

5. Buy premium camo and makes WG money.

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,417 battles
2 hours ago, Kittens_On_Board said:

5. Buy permanent camo for your ship it has a 5% at tier 7- 50% at tear 10 reduction on the post-battle servicing cost. And makes money for WG.

1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

5. Buy premium camo and makes WG money.

This is quite true. Forgot to add.

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,417 battles
9 minutes ago, centarina said:

only ship that I may even consider premium camo is t10  :D   still havn't bought one yet though.

Or lower tiers you keep. Did it on Cleveland, Bismarck, Gniesenau.

[DOG]
Members
376 posts
5,549 battles

Ah.  Cool.  Thanks for the information, everyone.  I should have mentioned that first game was without the premium camo.  I actually had no camo at all, since I was so used to having it auto-supply on the Z23 that I forgot.  I purchased it before the second battle.  That second battle was probably one of the 10 best I'd ever played.  Snuck around the West edge of the map hunting for their CV.  Along the way I  got behind the BB and CA they had guarding their Western flank.  Slammed 5 torps into the BB, and finished it off with the guns.  Then zoomed along the North edge of the map hunting for their CV, which was hiding in the NE corner.  I killed the CV with guns, but not before he damaged me with, like, 5 squadrons of bombers.  But I survived and killed a DD with guns just before the game ended.  Ended up with over 190K credits for that one.  It was around 84K after servicing.  And I was thinking, "Do I have to have the best game ever just to avoid losing credits?"  From all your responses, I gather the answer is, "Yes."  LOL.

I've only purchased one premium ship, the Okhotnik, just because it's such a weird little ship.  I use it, along with the V-170, Kuma, Nurnberg, and Konigsberg when grinding for credits and free XP.  Guess I'll have to do a lot more of that just to be able to play with my new toy.  I suppose I'll keep the Akatzuki when I advance for the same purpose.  Plus the Akatzuki is just fun to play.  Don't know if I'll keep the Mahan, though, when I go to the Benson.  It's not as much fun.  Too slow, and can be seen for miles.

Members
622 posts
6,893 battles
5 hours ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

DD's seem to be hit especially hard at tier 9.  It's not uncommon for my Yugumo to lose 60-80K on an average damage game.

Spooooooooooooooooooooooon,

I've seen you in game a few times. Your name is easy to spot.

Do you run a premium camo on it?

I sometimes struggled with the Shimakaze and credits w/o the premium camo.

Now the only time I lose credits is if I'm deleted in the first 8 minute of the game.

[RESP]
Beta Testers
882 posts
7,094 battles
5 hours ago, IronWolfV said:

Hope that helps.

All of this.

I love my Cleveland and it helps me grind credits.  I have over 60 ships in my port without spending anything on premium time.

Beta Testers
1,157 posts
7,835 battles
9 minutes ago, Capt_Mexib said:

Spooooooooooooooooooooooon,

I've seen you in game a few times. Your name is easy to spot.

Do you run a premium camo on it?

I sometimes struggled with the Shimakaze and credits w/o the premium camo.

Now the only time I lose credits is if I'm deleted in the first 8 minute of the game.

I have not been running camo that gives me economic bonuses, just combat.  Probably need to do that.

Sign in to follow this