Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
a_trout_bum_2

suggestion for co op

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
412 posts
17,016 battles

can you make it so, the bots on your team in co op, and only the bots, are unable to do team damage.  i am not talking about the human players

 

i make this suggestion for a few reasons. 

bots dont care, they shoot their torps regardless of who is in the way. they are like the seagulls in finding nemo.......mine mine mine mine 

bots never go pink, so they never feel the need to learn when to not shoot to halt   the pink of shame.  they wear pink with pride

i am fed up with having my bot teammates kill me more often that the enemy bots on the other team .  at least the humans can learn to check their fire, the bots only do what they r programed to do

 

if you cant do this, another option would be to make the   que time so there would be more humans and less bots

 

if your going to stick me with a team of bots, at least make it so i should have to worry more about getting killed by my team , than the enemy

 

 

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,257
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles

I gotta say ...

This isn't a major issue, and the only time I run into it is if I happen to get pink and have to play off games in Co-op.

Having said that, being team killed by a WoW bot when I'm trying to work off my 5 game pink penalty is annoying as hell and completely ironic as the damn bots never DO turn pink!

49 minutes ago, a_trout_bum_2 said:

can you make it so, the bots on your team in co op, and only the bots, are unable to do team damage.

seriously; please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,188
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,325 posts
9,387 battles

I recommended this a number of times.....

NEW REWARD:  Earn 1 hour of premium time for being teamkilled by a bot.  Now there's a happy thought.

But seriously, I think it's fine.  You know you're in for a struggle when you team is more than half bots.

MY SUGGESTION -- have the bots actually respond to spam buttons..  or even randomly consider them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,431
[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles
27 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

MY SUGGESTION -- have the bots actually respond to spam buttons..  or even randomly consider them?

Right now they respond to those about as much as PvP players do.

As for OP's suggestion: I can see where you're coming from and I'm not unsympathetic to it, but after considering it, I am against it. What that wil lead to is people stopping to care about bot-launched weapons because 'they can't hurt me anyways', which will trip them up when they play PvP.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
412 posts
17,016 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Right now they respond to those about as much as PvP players do.

As for OP's suggestion: I can see where you're coming from and I'm not unsympathetic to it, but after considering it, I am against it. What that wil lead to is people stopping to care about bot-launched weapons because 'they can't hurt me anyways', which will trip them up when they play PvP.

what your assuming is that i can always tell just what ship launched the torps, and that isnt always true. when i hear the warning, and locate the threat, im always tryin to dodge  

if your afraid that i will just learn a bad habbit, then how about making a longer que time, allowing the team to fill with humans so there will be a lot less bots.  

 

also, i would still have to worry about dodging human launched shells and torps, that will still do damage to me and since the torps dont tell you who on your team shot them,  not tryin to dodge them isnt a good risk to take, so you should still be tryin to dodge them

 

my point is , since the bots suffer no penalty for the  bad programing, and spam torps carelessly,   why should i suffer from the results of the bad programing when the bots shoot carelessly

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,431
[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles
1 minute ago, a_trout_bum_2 said:

if your afraid that i will just learn a bad habbit, then how about making a longer que time, allowing the team to fill with humans so there will be a lot less bots. 

This I am for. I've always thought the 30s queueueue was a bit too short.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
412 posts
17,016 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

This I am for. I've always thought the 30s queueueue was a bit too short.

i must be doing something right  to get you to agree with me

 

ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,431
[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles
1 minute ago, a_trout_bum_2 said:

i must be doing something right  to get you to agree with me

Or I something wrong

:Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,822
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Most Co-Op Games in Most Venues of Gaming are Training Modes for the real deal of PvP. In PvP games you have the Azz hats who like to TK The Co-Op in WoWs has become a haven for those who don't like playing against an unpredictable foe. The Bots in WoWs Co-Op give you the unpredictable event of TK,to prepare you for the inevitable TK player in Random. After all Co-OP is the WoWs learning centre , Preschool, Special Ed Class. Easy Mode. I use Co-Op to gain free stuff in missions, like so many others. However Co-Op is a cheat by use of it for this very reason. Thank You Full time Co-Op Players for whining about the lack of Prizes when Playing Co-Op. You have made it easy for the other 99% to gain free stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[-SF-]
Members
69 posts
4,978 battles
On 8/28/2017 at 10:01 AM, AVR_Project said:

I recommended this a number of times.....

NEW REWARD:  Earn 1 hour of premium time for being teamkilled by a bot.  Now there's a happy thought.

 

I don't speak for wargaming, but I think that this would just have too much potential for abuse. all you need to do is play co-op and intentionally park in front of a bot dd. even if it takes you 2/3 battles to get TKed by a bot, you would still be earning an hour for every 100 mins or so you spend in game

Edited by NCC1701PS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,188
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,325 posts
9,387 battles
5 hours ago, NCC1701PS said:

I don't speak for wargaming, but I think that this would just have too much potential for abuse. all you need to do is play co-op and intentionally park in front of a bot dd. even if it takes you 2/3 battles to get TKed by a bot, you would still be earning an hour for every 100 mins or so you spend in game

Well....  That's why I said -- an hour...  not a day.

We're talking 3-4 co-op battles at the most, and the rewards aren't all that great.

And you REALLY aren't hurting your team..  We're talking co-op here.

..

And I don't know how much you spend in co-op, but being TK'd by a bot happens maybe once every three MONTHS for me.

It's an occasion to celebrate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,391
[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

I don't know what the programming is for a team bot's targeting, but it is seriously blonde in nature.  Hey, I'm okay with them launching torps at the reds even if I am in the way...they are bots and can't think, after all.  But, when they launch torps at a red (through me), and then launch a spread of torps directly into an island when there was no red anywhere in that direction...epic levels of bot stupidity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
426 posts
6,213 battles
On 8/28/2017 at 10:01 AM, AVR_Project said:

MY SUGGESTION -- have the bots actually respond to spam buttons..  or even randomly consider them?

WG has this in Warplanes, for the F-key commands such as ''Clear my Tail'' or ''Concentrate fire on (target)''; predictably enough, 99.9% of the time the bots will reply ''Negative'' and keep doing their own thing.

Most Warplanes battles are lost within 30 seconds of firing contact, primarily due to the bots of one side gunning down most of their counterparts & opposing players on that initial pass.

 

 

On 8/28/2017 at 3:17 PM, CLUCH_CARGO said:

After all Co-OP is the WoWs learning centre , Preschool, Special Ed Class. Easy Mode.

ayup, PvE matches overfilled with player & bot ships featuring torpedoes all day every day truly makes for a fun environment, because who doesn't like earning just 5K damage in a 4-minute match.

Far better to go out and be uptiered in power crept ships, or farmed by elite divisions, because there is a definite need of more folks to be near helpless XP pinatas.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
154
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,194 posts
4,125 battles
On 8/28/2017 at 9:49 AM, Umikami said:

I gotta say ...

This isn't a major issue, and the only time I run into it is if I happen to get pink and have to play off games in Co-op.

Having said that, being team killed by a WoW bot when I'm trying to work off my 5 game pink penalty is annoying as hell and completely ironic as the damn bots never DO turn pink!

seriously; please!

They need to work on the bots algorithm, I was doing the carrier mission on back to basics and trying to kill the 20 planes.  All the other ships are dead, the only people close enough are two bots charging from the center to the carrier.  So I am waiting for the next plane launch, and both DDs start firing torps while still bow on to the carrier, with their torpedos course being parallel to the course of the carrier at 8km.  From both sides.  No way it could possibly hit the carrier at all.  

Incredibly bad programming.  

Edited by comtedumas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,822
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
4 hours ago, Soylent_Red_Isnt_People said:

PvE matches overfilled with player

ayup cherry picking a post can get you any result you need to bring your point. but the entire post says something completely different.  it is called "out of context"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×