Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

31 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,949 posts
8,094 battles

My weekend was dealing with programming homework and security systems reading, as well as watching some anime, couple episodes of Star Trek: Voyager, and resuming the Batman Animated Series *sigh*

Hopefully can join in blowing up other noobs and other fun stuff before October is out, I'm holding off from any computer games until portfolio's started for programming career. It's not clear if late September is when I'll have the portfolio progress (waiting on advanced Java class to progress).

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,157 posts
7,828 battles

I had a solid weekend of play.  Oddly, hardly saw any forum members.  

Now that I have all 3 Tier 10 BB's I've been really working on cruisers.  Have most of them at tier 9 and soviet at tier 8.  I feel like playing the cruisers is really helping my game and making me a much better player

Edited by Spooooooooooooooooooooon

[CUTE]
Members
5,151 posts
3,430 battles

Well, I also skipped the games over the weekend. I played a few matches in Clemson on Friday, but packed it in quick. Friends list is a ghost town, not many on to div with and I'm having trouble enjoying the game if I don't have friends to chat and play with. Bummer, dude.

[TDD]
Members
878 posts
7,888 battles

Started off good sat morning with my best ever match in Warpite

59a4125e34e0c_Screenshot2017-08-2609_23_48.thumb.png.7f78d71a2cfb4a3e2351b30132b0b83f.png

Then the power went out due to Harvey rest of the weekend blew as me and my partner were seperated by the storm and I comforted the cat and fought a different kind of flooding without the use of repair party  and to be honest my damage control sucks.

Be we survived and will be alright.

My best wishes to anyone else here hit by Harvey

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,543 posts
13,992 battles

Friday and Saturday for me were up and down affairs, marked also by numerous, bad decisions on my behalf.  The type where you regret it the moment you started doing them.  Sunday however was very good, even the last match for the weekend was a big comeback win for us, one that I was positive we were going to lose.  It was an amazing way to end the weekend battles.

Beta Testers
1,157 posts
7,828 battles
3 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

Started off good sat morning with my best ever match in Warpite

59a4125e34e0c_Screenshot2017-08-2609_23_48.thumb.png.7f78d71a2cfb4a3e2351b30132b0b83f.png

Then the power went out due to Harvey rest of the weekend blew as me and my partner were seperated by the storm and I comforted the cat and fought a different kind of flooding without the use of repair party  and to be honest my damage control sucks.

Be we survived and will be alright.

My best wishes to anyone else here hit by Harvey

Great Warspite game!

Best of luck to you regarding Harvey.  My brother in law lives in Katy, just west of Houston, and some of the flooding pics he is sending are startling

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,973 posts
5,679 battles

I had five straight losses in Warspite, followed by ten straight wins.

MM is a cruel master.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,287 battles

Should I feel guilty for winning despite not playing particularly well?

We're on the edge of Harvey, so, a lot of rain.  But nothing like Houston.

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles

Dismal, only played a few, mostly losses, I seem to be a magnet for AFK/Bot yolonuggets,  in-between:

Rebuilt carburetor on generator, tested and ran under simulated load for 20, changed oil.

Changed oil on lawnmower, mowed yard and back 40, along with lots of weed wackage.

Pressure washed deck and patio, throttle acting up on pressure washer, fixed that, changed oil in it too.

5 mile run with dog, 25 mile fast early morning bike ride, cool clear, no wind - awesome.

Migrated IP backbone at work, got my BGP peering working good, all seems well.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

All in all, it was OK. Got my fifth solo warrior, which was nice.  But there were plenty of times where my team was getting slaughtered this weekend, which was not.  Also unlocked the Fiji, and now I just need to work on the tactics for it, as my damage numbers are comparable to me in a Leander still, which is not good.

[TDD]
Members
878 posts
7,888 battles
2 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Dismal, only played a few, mostly losses, I seem to be a magnet for AFK/Bot yolonuggets,  in-between:

Rebuilt carburetor on generator, tested and ran under simulated load for 20, changed oil.

Changed oil on lawnmower, mowed yard and back 40, along with lots of weed wackage.

Pressure washed deck and patio, throttle acting up on pressure washer, fixed that, changed oil in it too.

5 mile run with dog, 25 mile fast early morning bike ride, cool clear, no wind - awesome.

Migrated IP backbone at work, got my BGP peering working good, all seems well.

Productive! I applaud you sir.  o7

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,038 posts
8,925 battles

Grinding out Neptune and Dmitri Donskoi all weekend.

Neptune grind is going decent, but Donskoi has been a real challenge.  Her carry capability is severely limited due to her having to stay at range to be safe from BB fire.  She also handles extremely poorly, so if this is an indication of what is to expect from Moskva, then I'm not sure how interested I really am in her.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,901 posts
12,421 battles

Abysmal. I've been playing like crap over the past week and a half. Yesterday was a bit better, but I still don't think I've recovered.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,022 posts
7,604 battles

I finally dared to stick my nose back in game after hiding from all of the poop tornado stuff that had been flying since last week.  Won a game in my Tirpitz, won a game in my Atlanta.  Stopped after those two matches.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,651 posts
9,960 battles

Far better than last weekend, where I did badly to start, went 'on tilt' and it was all downhill from there.

Made it most of the way through the RN BB mission pretty easily, one stage outstanding.

ORKBxMY.png

Also, had the 23rd most damaging Gallant game on record (on shipcomrade so not a universal list but about 1,000 players on it). It was a major carry, killed the red carrier when they were on 980pts with a cap in hand.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,332 posts
3,552 battles

Saturday I had a 160k loss in my z-23, called it  a night.

Sunday had a couple of wins in my Gearing  / Neptune. Called it a night. 

Outside of that played some HOTS and dreadnought.. Cleaned and cleaned and cleaned the rest of the weekend lol! 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,287 battles
42 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

won a game in my Atlanta. 

Somehow, hiding behind an island was unusually appealing?

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,022 posts
7,604 battles
1 minute ago, Lillehuntrix said:

Somehow, hiding behind an island was unusually appealing?

That's not how I play Atlanta. I use mine to set up close range brawls.

[BIAS]
Members
2,992 posts
8,970 battles

I had an OK weekend, been on a bit of a slump the last week. Did get my second 200k game though yesterday, thanks to a 2/3 health Yamato chasing me down in my 4k health Montana and coming around the island broadside at 2k. I got my guns off before he did and got 5 citadels for a dev strike... He blamed rng at 2km

Other than that, finished it off with a fun clan scrimmage last night. 

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,503 battles

Yesterday was a rage-quit kind of day. Started out ok, but went downhill fast.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,026 posts
9,183 battles

I did not play as much but still not bad. Started with a crazy loss streak but then in smoothed out and ended well.

[YORHA]
Members
3,241 posts

I spent the whole weekend on the PTS test driving the Lion and had a blast but never touched my main account.  But according to Warships Today I had 7 battles yesterday on my main account and I did pretty good.  

So there's that.

Members
2,117 posts
4,727 battles

3 matches in the Nelson was all I played (Sunday):

-1st match: North (7-9) 46k damage crap game, win

-2nd match: Trap (6-8) 56k damage crap game, loss

-3rd match: New Dawn (5-7) 108k damage 2 kills top of the team Good game win

U guys talk about having corporate careers, I never want to have one and I never will. :) Don't want to be enslaved by the system. Who knows, I may very well move back to my home country and return to living with my tribe / ethnic minority group. They've been self-sufficient for centuries. I grew up in the city, but the ones who live deep in the mountains, some of them have never seen what money as we know it looks like (ex: cash, coins, cards etc.)

Sign in to follow this