You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cemaphor

A little rant and vent. Nothing more.

17 comments in this topic

[SAA-2]
Members
44 posts
11,555 battles

I am familiar both with how to minimise and to increase my fire chances. Although it's tough sometimes to justify using flags all the time as they are periodically limited. Maybe I just have to run them all the time regardless of my penny pinching desire not too. 

What I'm wondering though, is the fire chance a per salvo calculation or per shell within the salvo? Then also if it is per shell of a salvo and you get hit bow or side scraping shot then is the chance reduced or the same? 

Because those near hit shots that set fires just after you've put them out really really suck!

Edited by Cemaphor

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles

As far as I can tell, it's based on a per-hit chance, which is enhanced or dampened depending on circumstances (bonuses on your ship and the enemy's ship, either through signals or captain skills, base fire chance, base fire defense [all ships have it to some degree] etc.). So yeah, that's a lot of dice rolls for each individual shell that lands, and they don't actually have to explode and do damage to you in order to start a fire.

If anything said is incorrect, well then that's on me. :)

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,710 posts
9,398 battles

was grinding in a dd for several matches with division mate, then for some bizarre reason I played the Roon and thinking it was a dd. End result, got nuke within first 50 seconds of the game. Turn off computer and went to sleep.  

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,875 battles
5 hours ago, RevolutionBlues said:

I love watching Battleship drivers burn. :Smile_Default:

I love cruiser drivers being vanished after one good solid salvo :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
5 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

If you "vent" fire, it just makes it worse.  Ranting doesn't help, either.

Some folks gotta vent their spleen somehow, and it could certainly be worse.

Good thing the OP didn't put his circumvention of the profanity filter in the title, however. :Smile_trollface:

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,103 posts
18,616 battles

You think it will be better after we get a BB techtree that depend on fire in higher tiers?

[-SYN-]
Members
212 posts
4,240 battles
3 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

You think it will be better after we get a BB techtree that depend on fire in higher tiers?

Not a chance. I had three fires set on me by one Nelson in a single salvo.

If that's showing what to expect, fire control may become a fixture of my ships.

• Cool 1

[SAA-2]
Members
44 posts
11,555 battles
17 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

If you "vent" fire, it just makes it worse.  Ranting doesn't help, either.

Sometimes a little of both is good and honestly I wanted a bigger forum to express my distaste within. Flags are now employed and a couple of modules have been changed. Fires may no longer be an issue but the quality of Random play is becoming more and more difficult for me to deal with. 

Ahhh the journey of an only slightly better than average captain potato.