You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wulfgarn

Notser & Flamu: Graf Zeppelin/ichase

31 comments in this topic

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

All this is dying down, but I figured I would put these up.

I think it's good for us to see what other CCs think abou it and I hope everyone keeps all of this in mind when it happens again.

I think the main thing to take away from all of this goes to what Flamu said about WG practices, but everyone can take away what they want from this whole ordeal.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 5

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,198 battles

Can I just state, for the record that, I hate Flamu?

• Cool 9

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
12 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

I hate his attitude.

• Cool 10

[YORHA]
Members
3,243 posts
58 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

3 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

I think we all do.

ItxuCvv.jpg

Show me on the doll where the bad Flamu touched you.

• Cool 8

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles
49 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

I hate his attitude.

1 hour ago, Captain_Dorja said:

yes; yes you can!

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
6,010 posts
5,102 battles

Flamu took offence to one of my youtube comments on a video he did of his least favorite sihp and looked up my stats and tried to shame me with it.  I was hearten that some of the NA community actually came to my defense.  If Flamu isn't fixated on stats or being unicum, he does tell it like it is, which I appreciate in his videos.

[REVY]
Members
6,010 posts
5,102 battles
10 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

ItxuCvv.jpg

Show me on the doll where the bad Flamu touched you.

uWxXK4T.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

uWxXK4T.jpg

Not really speaking for or against him, but I see similarities to what others say around here when they're criticized.

• Cool 2

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts
6,631 battles

Greatest respect for these Youtubers, but I hate watching video replays. Is there a transcript?

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

I like Jingles, I like Notser, but Flamu just grates on me, like nails-on-a-chalkboard.

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
5 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Greatest respect for these Youtubers, but I hate watching video replays. Is there a transcript?

I think I remember you mentioning this before.

I believe there are transcribing software available on the net.

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
1,190 posts
4,924 battles
13 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Notser's biggest takeaway from the debacle is that he shouldn't put all of his eggs in one basket in case things go south with WG/WOWS in some way, and that he should start diversifying his content

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts
6,631 battles
5 minutes ago, Flashtirade said:

Notser's biggest takeaway from the debacle is that he shouldn't put all of his eggs in one basket in case things go south with WG/WOWS in some way, and that he should start diversifying his content

Well that would make sense and be perfectly sensible, if (without knowing him) he has a personal interest in his Youtube channel staying healthy, and his Youtube activities are of greater value than purely amateur interests for WG games. Thankyou for the summary!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles
6 minutes ago, Flashtirade said:

That is almost an exact quote of what Jingles said after he quit the CC program over the copyright ban thing a few months ago. He received a large dose of community support in the form of many new subscribers, which gave him the freedom to delve into new games, which he has.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,606 posts
3,346 battles

He's not wrong, either.  It's a smart move from a number of different angles.  Much like stocks, time and effort placed into covering games on his channel are an investment.  Diversifying that investment helps to ensure the overall health and success of the channel.  A decline in revenue and viewership from World of Warships might not even come from WG actions, or CC removal, or DMCA strikes, etc; they may very well come from the game eventually running its course, losing public interest, and not attracting views/likes/subscribes like it once did.  When that happens, (and eventually it will; all windfalls come to an end) he'll be better off for having other fanbases already watching his channel; preferably on the upswing of some new game or topic.

Members
3,293 posts
7,966 battles
1 hour ago, Sventex said:

uWxXK4T.jpg

Huh... according to Flamu a 55% WR is struggling.  Had no idea. 

[OPRAH]
Members
1,027 posts
6,572 battles

The other issue I have with Flamu is how much he always takes a weakness or a strength of something and can make it seem OP.  I also have to remind myself that his videos are edited to really stress a point.  He's notorious for his confirmation bias and he has the power to do so via his YouTube channel and video editing.  He's the very reason why the community went in uproar over a ship that was still in testing....all because he spammed HE for 1 game to demonstrate the fire chance and HE damage.  

Notser on the other hand, had the voice of reason and reminded people that using HE on a perfectly broadside target is just stupid.  I have no doubt that the RN BBs are going to be the type of ship that requires the player to be constantly evaluating the battlefield and making wise choices for their ammo types in order to maximize the amount of damage inflicted.

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles
3 hours ago, DerKrampus said:

I think we all do.

I don't. In fact i don't care if he is nice or arrogant. When i want to learn i watch flamu ,Circon, or quickybaby.  if i want average gameplay but with interesting historical feedback and fun comments i watch jingles. If i was interested in listen to a kid talking i would watch notser.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles
4 hours ago, Doomlock said:

I hate his attitude.

4 hours ago, DerKrampus said:

I think we all do.

No, some of us are just jealous. In relative terms, Flamu's attitude is nothing. He is however very good at the game and makes high quality content, which is all most mature viewers need to know.

Edited by gurudennis
  • Cool 5

Beta Testers
8 posts
2,091 battles
41 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

I don't. In fact i don't care if he is nice or arrogant. When i want to learn i watch flamu ,Circon, or quickybaby.  if i want average gameplay but with interesting historical feedback and fun comments i watch jingles. If i was interested in listen to a kid talking i would watch notser.

No offence but all you learn from Quickybaby is how to spam Heat and Apcr. I used to watch him for his videos but ever since prem rounds became buy able with credits, either the last 5mins of a match is just 'securing a kill' by him or he features a replay by another with almost a full loadout of prem getting kolo, pools and the other hard to get medals.

Circon atleast is enjoyable to watch and Jingles is a entertaining noob who makes most laugh and has the historical feedback especially on WoWS.

Members
1,752 posts
7,967 battles
1 hour ago, SaidNoOneEver said:

The other issue I have with Flamu is how much he always takes a weakness or a strength of something and can make it seem OP.  I also have to remind myself that his videos are edited to really stress a point.  He's notorious for his confirmation bias and he has the power to do so via his YouTube channel and video editing.  He's the very reason why the community went in uproar over a ship that was still in testing....all because he spammed HE for 1 game to demonstrate the fire chance and HE damage.  

Notser on the other hand, had the voice of reason and reminded people that using HE on a perfectly broadside target is just stupid.  I have no doubt that the RN BBs are going to be the type of ship that requires the player to be constantly evaluating the battlefield and making wise choices for their ammo types in order to maximize the amount of damage inflicted.

You completely missed the point. Even though using 100% HE was obviously sub-optimal he still did a ridiculous amount of damage.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Honestly, I don't particularly care where I get info from as long as it's good. 

I watch 4 different Tubers for my WOWS needs, but I prefer Flamu for raw data and Commander builds. He's my Technical guy. 

Going down the list and explaining why he chose each skill and giving you other options are very helpful.

The majority eats up his Ranked vids when a new season comes around. 

Notser is my general information guy. He and I have similar views on different things, and he tends to know the skinny on everything WOWS.

ichase can cover both camps, but his content doesn't come out on the regular. His help series I reference a lot to peeps here that need specific help. He's also half of my CV guy.

Aeroon is my other CV guy and adds in more views to what all the others say over a number of ships. He too doesn't put out vids very fast.

Panzerknacker I go to see epic battles for WOWS and WOT. Its good to see what the big dawgs are capable of and you can see what tactics they use.

So, for me I get info over a number of sources and not just one. I don't wanna be friends with these peeps, just the facts ma'am.

Same goes for here. There are a small number of those here that I don't particularly care for, but that doesn't mean I don't listen to your views, and even agree with them. Just because I blast ya in one post doesn't mean I don't give ya a +1 or :Smile_great: on another.

In truth there's only 3 or 4 regular posters here i totally ignore because they cause more drama, confusion, and general unrest every time they post. Their only lot in life is Trolling and they can't get past their racism shiptypeism.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1