You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_hat_

Indianapolis, the movie?

11 comments in this topic

[DOOP]
Members
856 posts
2,435 battles

Well, after a long,  crazy summer work schedule, where the game and movie nights had to take a back burner, I finally got to sit down for this movie I had anticipated so much.:Smile_Default:

Now...my eyes are bleeding. This has got to be the worst war movie ever put out. I made it about half way through, and I'm speechless. 

The skipper micro managing his AA mounts in the first minute of the movie should have warned me off.:Smile_facepalm:

Great white sharks literally must have been swimming with the ship, because sailors are bouncing off them as the jump from her stricken hull. Really! Great whites! Great whites that jump up on wooden plank rafts to show their teeth! :fish_nerv:

Let's not even think about the box full of components they showed leaving the Indy and past the miniature B-29's. The box was taller, heck the guards standing in the truck were taller, than the tail of the Enola Gay when the drove out. Really? :cap_wander:

Oh, what about the ship steward who swam a mile to find the skipper's raft? The same raft he climbed into after bouncing off a great white shark and immediately being surrounded by silence, even though there are 900 sailors in the water around him? :cap_win:

I don't even harbor a guess as to how this movie was released to the public. I have never seen it's equal in sheer badness, and Lord help me to never see such tripe again in my remaining days.

:fish_palm:

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Don't even get me started on that abomination that is the Indianapolis in that movie. It is some freak of shipbuilding between Alabama and Indy: the USS Alabamapolis. :Smile-angry:

I can't watch it purely on that aspect, it hurts too much to look at that...thing.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

Yeah, it's a bad movie. Almost as bad as "Proctology at Home for Fun and Profit!"

[DOOP]
Members
856 posts
2,435 battles
15 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Don't even get me started on that abomination that is the Indianapolis in that movie. It is some freak of shipbuilding between Alabama and Indy: the USS Alabamapolis. :Smile-angry:

I can't watch it purely on that aspect, it hurts too much to look at that...thing.

Yeah, CG stepped back ten years. WT has them beat on the PBY.

[FOXEH]
Members
556 posts
8,398 battles

Lets be honest, its a cheap B movie intended to be in those little dvd rental kiosks and to be on Netflix/whatever other online movie services there are along with the likes of all those cheap Seagal films.

It was never intended to be some blockbuster movie.

I suppose if you're drunk you'll get some laughs out of it though.

v0gUyjV.png?1

WG, Indianapolis buff when?

[HINON]
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
3 hours ago, MJPIA said:

v0gUyjV.png?1

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the USS Alabama, or at least the front half of her, with the aft of USS Indianapolis, super sized and haphazardly slapped onto the middle of Alabama.

:fish_palm: This is one of the worst offenders I have seen in regards to getting a ship's look right.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles
6 hours ago, MJPIA said:

Lets be honest, its a cheap B movie intended to be in those little dvd rental kiosks and to be on Netflix/whatever other online movie services there are along with the likes of all those cheap Seagal films.

It was never intended to be some blockbuster movie.

I suppose if you're drunk you'll get some laughs out of it though.

v0gUyjV.png?1

WG, Indianapolis buff when?

The twin 127/38 turret tho... :etc_swear:

[HINON]
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
8 hours ago, dseehafer said:

The twin 127/38 turret tho... :etc_swear:

Don't even...:Smile-angry:

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
293 posts
On 8/27/2017 at 8:43 PM, Umikami said:

Yeah, it's a bad movie. Almost as bad as "Proctology at Home for Fun and Profit!"

Hey now let's not go crazy.  Some of us earn a very fine living from that film.

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,713 posts
4,699 battles

I wouldn't even watch it when I saw it come up.  I learned my lesson after seeing the "documentary" that was done on the Atlanta.  about 2 minutes of ship footage, rest history about her