Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Cpt_Cupcake

What I would like to see done with the Graf...

12 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles

1.) Fix the AP bombers drop delay. They're currently near-unusable against moving ships. No delay.

2.) Replace the Me-109 with the FW-190. Model I believe exists already as a float plane. (its more visually appealing in my mind.)

3.) Buff the HP of the fighters and increase their ammo count. Nothing crazy here.

4.) 2 Loadouts consisting of 2/2/1 with the FW-190's fulfilling the role of torpedo bombers and the one presently in game of 2/0/3. 

These 4 things are what I feel are keeping the Graf Zep from being able to compete with its t8 counterparts. 

[5D7]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

I would even settle for a 2/1/2 approach. And buff the fighters. It is like they are using E model 109's and should be using G or even K models. Heck they cant even fix US cv's, I am not holding my breath to see a positive change for this yet, however it has a ton of potential.

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles

2/1/2 would be fine as well, and I agree with using a later model 109 model, if it gets the increased stats to go with it. TBH, its literally the fighters holding this ship back, everything else could be worked around.

[SPTR]
Members
3,457 posts
5,649 battles

I think WG should fundamentally change the nature of Graf Zeppelin's aircraft load out.

The fighters of Graf Zeppelin was extremely well armed and capable for her time, specifically specced for high speed high altitude combat. I understand why WG would make the BF-109s weak in firepower, but at least give her the speed. It was correlated with the ships' commerce raider nature: high speed interception/reconnaissance.

The torpedo/dive bombers of Graf Zeppelin was historically designed to specifically address cruiser and destroyer threats, in fact one Stuka bomber in one type of its bomb load out carries a mix of Armor piercing (1x1000lb) and high explosive bombs (4x150lb). I would love to see such in game, also make them less subject to panic effect of DFAA as a gimmick.

Edited by The_first_harbinger
  • Cool 1

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

AP bombers would be overpowered without a delay. i've seen what they can do when they do manage to hit. less delay? sure. no delay? nuh.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,203 battles

Fix the Fighters. Give the GZ FW-190s.

As to the plane model to use - did not the Germans actually have designs for a FW-190 Carrier Fighter, TB & DB, all of them?

As to the loudout, 2-0-3 is fine so long as the Fs are stronger.

Alternately, possibly a 2-1-2 loadout.

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles

If there going to try different things with this ship, that they been wanting to try with CVs' as a whole... I hope they give all the things at once, whatever they may be. That way we can easily switch back to the default loadout if somethings are duds or if something is amazing. We could also easily compare between whatever this things are to each other without having to consult notes on past iterations of the GZ.

[M_L]
[M_L]
Beta Testers
321 posts
8,831 battles

Honestly I think the more they try out with Graf Zeppelin the more likely we are to get the carrier rework sooner. 

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles

Hopefully, thou I would like it to be tested thoroughly before it hits the masses, so as to get feedback implemented then retested. Wargaming needs a win on CVs rework if things are to get better.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts
6,631 battles

I agree with 2/3 of the OPs suggestions, buff fighters, fix Ap delay and make Ap a viable choice for  random battles/ Other than that I don't personally want to see a tri loadout which includes torpedos, please no. Plenty of alternative CVs for that. perhaps a 2he2ap2f, or an air sup variant of 2he/3f

Once torpedo bombers become available what is there to distinguish GZ from cookieclutter IJN carriers? it would just be a recoloured clone, a product of the Secret Shokaku Society. let a powerful and diverse, complex but enjoyable, dive bomber mix, be the main characteristic of GZ.

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles

I would prefer it as well to only have DBs as well, and that's seems to be the mainstream opinion as well as the dev's team, thou the devs did mention trying new things for a class as a whole. I am curious as to what the dev's want to testbed using the Graf for a broader CV rework that has been hinted...

Edited by Cpt_Cupcake
grammar

Sign in to follow this