You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mustangman6579

GG Supercontainers

37 comments in this topic

[5D3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,148 posts
4,240 battles

I'm currently working on 9 months, with only 1 SC. Sure makes collection containers fun!

I remember getting around 1 a month. Not sure what you did WG,m but please bring them back!

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

got 6 in the last 10 or 12 days, infact got 1 today on my 3rd TYL.

Always do TYL.

[5D3]
1,148 posts
4,240 battles

9x30=270

Now I often get 2 containers a day. Sometimes 3 a lot, but I also don't play every single day. Missing a day or 2 a month. 

So we'll say 2 a day for 270 days

2x270=540

1 SC in 540 tries. 

1/540=0.185185185%

That's NOT very good odds. 

I say the 3% and 1.5% is a straight up LIE!

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I have gotten none save for the Yamamoto SCs for the past month I believe.

Reset the clock for SC posts. :Smile_popcorn:

[VVV]
Beta Testers
223 posts
1,916 battles

Got my first SC this year last night......got the Hydroacoustic Search Module. This good on the higher tier DKM BBs?

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

in the past week, i got 3 within 4 container opens. all using the flag option. before that, i hadn't gotten one in months.

it's luck of the draw. you're not guaranteed anything. a 3% chance to win does not ensure that you'll win 3 out of 100.

[TBOW]
Members
1,184 posts
10,468 battles

SCs are a hit or miss thing.  I usually do the consumables for the first 2 crates I get then TYL if I get to the last 1, usually nets a 1  SC a month.  Though 1 time I got a SC on my second container of the day and a second one on the 3rd of the day back in April I think.   Only the speed boost extender mod for the DDs is the only one I use.  Getting 3 minutes out of speed boost is awesome.

Edited by gcangel82

[ARGSY]
5,120 posts
18,636 battles
19 hours ago, mustangman6579 said:

9x30=270

Now I often get 2 containers a day. Sometimes 3 a lot, but I also don't play every single day. Missing a day or 2 a month. 

2x270=540

1 SC in 540 tries. 

1/540=0.185185185%

RNG is RNG. No one says that you have a higher chance after a certain number of normal containers.

[GLF]
Members
767 posts
9,018 battles

w00t! Got my second 1000 dubloons container last night.  Thats 2 inside 30 days.  

I was taking TYL crates the last 3 weeks because of claims they were more prevalent.  Not a single one.  This week, went back to signal crates, got it on crate #2 last night on a signal crate pull.  

Edited by AnimaL21

[5D3]
1,148 posts
4,240 battles

Still nothing on my end. I think WG hates me. 

Also had another one of those nights where every games was a steamroll and almost all my shots were going in the water...

[H_]
Members
217 posts
6,999 battles

They still exist?  have not seen one in, well I can't really remember, months I think. I've tried TYL and usually just go with flags and camo, nothing. 

Of course is still love it when you get consumables when you try for credits and xp. 

[CDOGZ]
Beta Testers
702 posts
3,135 battles

Its 1-3% each roll... it's not cumulative where it's like "oh, he hasn't had one in a while, let's RNG him a gimme crate" I've gotten a grand total of ... 4 (maybe 5) ever since the SC system was released.

[5D3]
1,148 posts
4,240 battles
3 hours ago, awiggin said:

I've opened 310 containers since I last saw an SC, what do they look like again? :cap_hmm:

no clue

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
674 posts
5,141 battles

The rarity with which they drop and the total lack luster loot, makes them decidedly not super in any way.   My last after months without was 1, a singular engine boost mod, 50% to the improvement in the speed at which engine boost takes affect.  WOOT! I can't tell you how awesome that one is, not like I have a port full O ships that can use it.  I don't.

Another in a short list of unimpressive rewards in super containers.  If you only get 1 or 2 a year they should be really good.

Members
3,413 posts
6,078 battles
2 hours ago, AXELGREASE said:

Another in a short list of unimpressive rewards in super containers.  If you only get 1 or 2 a year they should be really good.

Problem is - the only way to get 1or 2 a year is to not really play at all.  I rarely get them but I I will get more than 1 to 2 and don't play every day.  The folks who don;t play often should not be predisposed to getting the really good stuff like ships.

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,090 battles
On 8/27/2017 at 6:17 PM, mustangman6579 said:

I'm currently working on 9 months, with only 1 SC. Sure makes collection containers fun!

I remember getting around 1 a month. Not sure what you did WG,m but please bring them back!

Nope, this is idiotic logic and a good example of the gamblers falacy but in reverse. "I haven't gotten it so therefore it doesn't exist" nope, wrong. A sub 10% chance to get something is still a very small and unlikely thing to do. 

Humans are idiots in general when it comes to probability SCs are still there, the chance of getting ships from them is still there, just because you didn't roll a natural 20 for 100 rolls in a row doesn't mean it doesn't exist. 

[FML]
Members
1,633 posts
9,904 battles
On 28 August 2017 at 9:17 AM, mustangman6579 said:

On 28 August 2017 at 9:44 AM, mustangman6579 said:

9x30=270

2x270=540

1 SC in 540 tries. 

1/540=0.185185185%

I feel you. I got a few SC when they first came out in November last year, but didn't get any from Decembwr through to late July. Was opening about 2 containers per day (TYL until about March, when I gave up and just went for Flags for Ranked...), with about 3 on most weekends. 

Howver in in the last month, I've got 4 from the Yamamoto campaign (for which, thanks WG!!) and an additional 3 from random drops. But not the greatest of rewards: two smoke modules, 25 red dragon and 25x2 ourobus flags, and 100 dry flags (which are actually useful for ranked, heh). 

I just want a ship that isn't the Kransky Krym... 

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
674 posts
5,141 battles
On 8/29/2017 at 9:52 PM, CylonRed said:

Problem is - the only way to get 1or 2 a year is to not really play at all.  I rarely get them but I I will get more than 1 to 2 and don't play every day.  The folks who don;t play often should not be predisposed to getting the really good stuff like ships.

But I play every day and try to get 2 containers every day I do play.  But I have only averaged 1 every 6 months or so.   Yes I may go 8 months without and get 2 in one month and then go 6 months without. 

If I average 2 a year then they ought to be Good when i do get one.   My bad luck in receiving them aside, if it ain't super, it ain't super whether you get one a month or one every 6 months.