Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aristotle83

Am I the only one who thinks Nassau is better than Kaiser?

9 comments in this topic

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

When I unlocked Kaiser a month or so ago, I noticed I enjoyed the Nassau more and had more success with the Nassau. Sure Nassau's got weaker guns, less armor and is slower but has less guns and can't fire as often. I also find it easier to maneuver despite the slower speed. Am I the only one who thinks the Nassau is a better ship despite it's lower tier.

Is this the reason Konig Albert is Tier 3 despite being in the same class as the Kaiser? If so why not the Kaiser and fill in the space further down the German BB tree with the Graf Spee etc?   

Edited by Aristotle83

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

Tier for tier, yes. However, objectively, Kaiser is a better ship than Nassau. As for why Graf Spee isn't in the battleship tree, it's because she's a cruiser and has cruiser armor.

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles

Well the one thing that struck me when I moved up from the Nassau to the Kaiser is how glacially slow the Kaiser's turrets rotated as compared to the Nassau.  I also notice how less maneuverable the ship was, right out of the box.  So I can certainly see how it could be frustrating to move up for a ship to another ship which seems as if it's less capable. 

That being said, you have a similar feeling from moving up from almost any lower tier ship to the shiny new ship right out of the box because, in most cases, the unmodified brand new ships aren't as good as the fully upgraded lower tier ship it's replacing. However, as you research your new vessel, mount the upgrades and enhancements, the new ship will almost certainly end up being the better of the two. 

Best of luck with the Kaiser. 

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Tier for tier, yes. However, objectively, Kaiser is a better ship than Nassau. As for why Graf Spee isn't in the battleship tree, it's because she's a cruiser and has cruiser armor.

Read several places it was debatable whether Graf Spee was a battleship or a cruiser. WOW has had no problem putting cruisers in the battleship category before even if it is a cruiser. 

In terms of the Kaiser I don't really play with it anymore, it did get easier I just like Nassau more. Bought the Warspite to be my BB main. 

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
36 minutes ago, Aristotle83 said:

Read several places it was debatable whether Graf Spee was a battleship or a cruiser. WOW has had no problem putting cruisers in the battleship category before even if it is a cruiser.

Anyone who thinks that Graf Spee could work as a battleship needs to get their head checked. It has less than half of the armor of the softest, thinnest battleship in the game. Hell, there are light cruisers in this game with more armor than Graf Spee. The idea that "It has big guns therefore battleship" is a stupid idea that needs to die. Graf Spee is a cruiser.

[PVE]
Members
5,333 posts
17,834 battles

Kaiser is better, it just isn't as much fun IMHO. Nassau is a really fun ship and tier 3 is just a blast to play at, so many great ships there. 

Members
1,513 posts
7,984 battles

Hey

The only reason people talk Graf Spee in terms of "Battleship" is being she was originally thought of as a "Pocket Battleship" and she had big guns for what she was, a niche kind of ship.  As Lert stated, she is in "No Way" and BB, nor can it go head to head with one.  BUT, she does a very good job at attacking cruisers and picking off wounded BB's as her guns do pack some punch.  Many say they are Scharnhorst guns but they are not, they fall short in range by a good margin, I personally wish they had about 17-17.5km range instead of 16km but that's my take.  The Graf Spee is a great, little ship to me and have decent results from it and it has a permanent spot in my fleet.  But she is a cruiser absolutely and should be played like one.

As for Nassau and Kaiser.......I would take Kaiser due to it better guns, logical turret locations, but Nassau is a force but I do find gun dispersion even up close to be a bit wonky at times.  One of the last battles I played with my son turned into a Kraken with it.  So neither should be underestimated.

Pete

Sign in to follow this