Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aristotle83

British BB's questions

19 comments in this topic

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

Have some questions about British battleships I wanted to ask and wasn't able to figure out for myself. 

In terms of the blueprints at first I thought you got the first one for Bellerophon, the second for Orion and the third for Iron Duke. However I've seen someone say you need to get all three for the Iron Duke and this makes me wonder(I have only the Orion blueprint and was trying to get Orion) what you get for each blueprint. I have the second blueprint and just the second(couldn't participate in the first) and am wondering if I will be receiving the Orion or if I was wrong and that I did not do what is necessary?

I also have the Warspite which was a Queen Elizabeth class BB. I am wondering if there's any Beta testers on here or anything like that'd who'd comment on if Queen Elizabeth is the same as Warspite or if there's any meaningful differences(cause if there isn't I'm going to stop getting British BB's after T5 and focus on the German ones)? Like Warspite(I use it often) but I guess due to history had unreasonable expectations about the ships(the class in general) speed and maneuverability seeing the ships reputation. 

Is the Nelson really as awesome as in the rumors and how would you compare it to the KGV if you are a beta tester who can answer my question? Also is Lord Nelson still for sale as I didn't see her at the premium shop? Was wondering that way I could see if I could just buy Nelson which is listed as a premium ship. Again want to put my resources into German BB's after acquiring Iron Duke and want to know just how good King George V is v Nelson. I can look at the stats all I want but to me hearing from someone who's played the ships is so much more valuable. 

Edited by Aristotle83

Members
211 posts
5,120 battles

With the second blueprint you will get Bellerophon and Orion, not Iron Duke, it is based on quantity,  not quality.

I don't know anything about Warspite and her Big Sis. 

Lastly, Nelson is a free xp ship like Missouri who can only be purchased through free xp, no buying here. She didn't work in the line because of her unusual turret placement, armor, and gun caliber, compared to KGV.

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
11,944 posts
3,863 battles

It's just Nelson. Lord Nelson was a pre-dreadnought.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,705 posts
11,320 battles

First off, reading is OP, you should try it.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/up-the-irons/

Blueprint 1: Tier III HMS Bellerophon  + Port Slot
Blueprint 2: Tier IV HMS Orion + Port Slot
Blueprint 3: Tier V HMS Iron Duke + Port Slot + Iron Duke Flag.

It's made quite clear that you are awarded the ship associated with each blueprint. If all you want is the Belle then all you need is blueprint 1 (forward view flag), If all you want is Iron Duke and the flag then blueprint 3 (topdown view) is all you need. Having all three is only need if you want all three.

23 minutes ago, Aristotle83 said:

I've seen someone say you need to get all three for the Grand Duke

Not sure what "Grand Duke" is, but Jingles or other youtubers have reviews out on the BB if you wanna no more about how they compare, Supertesters are under contract to not discuss them. 

16 minutes ago, Magyar5 said:

With the second blueprint you will get Bellerophon and Orion, not Iron Duke, it is based on quantity,  not quality.

No, this is wrong. With only the second blueprint (front view) you will only get Orion). Not sure what you mean by "quantity, not quality."

Members
211 posts
5,120 battles
13 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

No, this is wrong. With only the second blueprint (front view) you will only get Orion). Not sure what you mean by "quantity, not quality."

Sorry, I meant that it depends on how many you get, if you get 1 blueprint, you get Bellerophon, 2, Orion and Bellerophon, 3, Iron Duke, Orion, and Bellerophon. I may be completely wrong and you only need the blueprint from this round of missions to get Iron Duke, but we will see what happens. :cap_tea:

Edited by Magyar5

Members
6,619 posts
25,230 battles

Yep, reading is OP. Watching YouTube content by community contributors seems to be too.

These questions have been answered time and again.

Watch a video and review on Nelson (not Lord Nelson).

Queen E. is a sister ship of Warspite as stated, but unfortunately it is worse than Warspite having the old Warspite's molasses turrets.

[TASH]
Members
4,990 posts
7,877 battles
7 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Queen E. is a sister ship of Warspite as stated, but unfortunately it is worse than Warspite having the old Warspite's molasses turrets.

The upside is that Queen Elizabeth's turning circle and rudder shift don't use CBT-era formulae to calculate, so she's less likely to out-turn them compared to Warspite.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[LHG]
Members
1,617 posts
4,887 battles
49 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

The upside is that Queen Elizabeth's turning circle and rudder shift don't use CBT-era formulae to calculate, so she's less likely to out-turn them compared to Warspite.

Ok, so the battleship turns slower which means the glacially slow turret rotation doesn't get left behind by the turn since the thing turns like a brick. 

And this is an advantage? 

• Cool 1

[TASH]
Members
4,990 posts
7,877 battles
1 hour ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Ok, so the battleship turns slower which means the glacially slow turret rotation doesn't get left behind by the turn since the thing turns like a brick. 

And this is an advantage? 

680m turning circle and 14.3-second rudder shift is hardly turning like a brick, or at the very least not as big a drawback in handling as the QE's 22-knot speed.

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
2 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

First off, reading is OP, you should try it.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/up-the-irons/

Blueprint 1: Tier III HMS Bellerophon  + Port Slot
Blueprint 2: Tier IV HMS Orion + Port Slot
Blueprint 3: Tier V HMS Iron Duke + Port Slot + Iron Duke Flag.

It's made quite clear that you are awarded the ship associated with each blueprint. If all you want is the Belle then all you need is blueprint 1 (forward view flag), If all you want is Iron Duke and the flag then blueprint 3 (topdown view) is all you need. Having all three is only need if you want all three.

Not sure what "Grand Duke" is, but Jingles or other youtubers have reviews out on the BB if you wanna no more about how they compare, Supertesters are under contract to not discuss them. 

Made typo I clearly meant Iron Duke! Fixed it in my original post! 

My original impression is that I would only get Orion for getting the second blueprint(from the site) and just the second but other information has made me doubt this and I was afraid I needed the first blueprint along with the second  to get Orion. Was only using Iron Duke as an example, am going to try to get that via XP. 

Edited by Aristotle83

[SKI]
Members
129 posts
32,553 battles

you wanna know what to do?   here is my idea...

tget the blueprints for the first three ships, one for Bellerphon, one for Orion, and one Blueprint for the Iron Duke...

BUY the Warspite next time it's available for tier 6, as the Q Eliz is a turd in comparison.

and study the Nelson VERY carefully BEFORE using your 375,000 Free EXP  to get it, as it's a ONE WAY transaction...no going back..

cannot sell it for anything....stuck with it..

it won't TURN, it won't GO , it won't STOP, the guns load slow, the turrets turn SLOW, the Citadel is a mile high,  there's not much AA, and

the torpedo protection SUCKS...oh, and the guns only have 18.2 Range !  ridiculous !

I got one...I  HATE IT...actually put in a ticket to get my 375,000 Free back...no cigarro...stuck with it.

good luck.....

P.S.

heres what they need to do to fix the Nelson... :

take 2 seconds off the rudder shift time

give it three kts of speed...27kts.

it needs 15% more Torp protection

it needs Range to 20ks

it need AA out to  about 70

it needs the Cit lowered a mile

if these changes were to come to pass, it would be one Hellova lot more fun to play...as it is now, I'm not playin it anymore

Edited by GunBoatz

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
38 minutes ago, GunBoatz said:

tget the blueprints for the first three ships, one for Bellerphon, one for Orion, and one Blueprint for the Iron Duke...

BUY the Warspite next time it's available for tier 6, as the Q Eliz is a turd in comparison.

and study the Nelson VERY carefully BEFORE using your 375,000 Free EXP  to get it, as it's a ONE WAY transaction...no going back..

it won't TURN, it won't GO , it won't STOP, the guns load slow, the turrets turn SLOW, the Citadel is a mile high,  there's not much AA, and

the torpedo protection SUCKS...oh, and the guns only have 18.2 Range !  ridiculous !

I got one...I  HATE IT...actually put in a ticket to get my 375,000 Free back...no cigarro...stuck with it.

good luck.....

P.S.

it needs Range to 20ks

if these changes were to come to pass, it would be one Hellova lot more fun to play...as it is now, I'm not playin it anymore

Already have the Warspite and am getting the hang of the ship and fighting at T6(before this I was a T3 and T4 player). Not sure how much of my troubles with the ship are the ship and how much is me not being good enough for T6(although I asked myself this same question with Kaiser at T4 and after a month or so came to the conclusion it was the ship was just not really conductive to my play style) Your answer was very helpful because I wanted to know how QE compared and if there was any improvements(seeing as they are basically the same ship IRL) that would justify putting in the effort to get her. The fact she's supposedly worse makes the decision not to get her an easy one. I'm going to put that effort into the German BB's and Bayern instead! 

I've heard nothing but positive things about the Nelson until your post. Part of the reason I like ships like the QE class and the Graf Spee so much is I prefer the guns of the battleship but the speed and sharp turning of a cruiser am trying to get fast ships with big guns(Caledon is my ideal ship in terms of mechanics). Don't like BB's mechanics but also really find cruisers armament largely useless against BB's. Warspite was underwhelming in terms of this goal despite being able to go in the low 20's(enjoy the ship alot but as a historian the QE class are famous for being fast battleships and was expecting Warspite to be easier to maneuver). Was wondering how powerful Nelson or King George V were since they are both faster ships. Have heard lots on Nelson but almost nothing on KGV(which has more promising speed but weaker guns than Lord Nelson).     

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,888 battles
15 hours ago, GunBoatz said:

good luck.....

P.S.

it needs Range to 20ks

Here's a suggestion for you.......stop making uninformed and uneducated posts.  Have you played any of the British ships on the live server?  Well I don't remember seeing you in the last Supertester Meeting so how do you really know how they play?  Watched some biased YouTube Videos?  LOL, that's rich.  We all will be laughing at your expense as you're ships get deleted by the ones you claim are so horrible.

[QC_1_]
Members
127 posts
7,805 battles
On 8/27/2017 at 6:01 PM, Magyar5 said:

I don't know anything about Warspite and her Big Sis. 

Lastly, Nelson is a free xp ship like Missouri who can only be purchased through free xp, no buying here. She didn't work in the line because of her unusual turret placement, armor, and gun caliber, compared to KGV.

Well that is idiotic... 

WG started with a good concept and then has progressively screwed it up with that kind of thinking.  Check the starting two BB lines:  USN and IJN.. US represents the historic timeline IJ the one without the WNT.. tiering is a simple age progression table, older ships have fewer upgrade slots and burn the easiest and newer more and hardest.  This puts ships of the same vintage at the same tier technologically and makes the fights balanced.

KGV, NC, Scharnhorst, Richelieu, and Bismarck all have one thing in common:  They were all under construction in 1937.  NC is a tier 8 since IRL there is a roughly 20 year span between tier 7 and 8 because of the WNT.  The IJN tree needs to be ahistoric or Yamato comes in at tier 8 and although she was in the same battle line IRL as the Kongo... she is still the biggest BB ever built by man and people are going to expect her to BE T10... and there are no studies from which to simulate anything that would have come after her that have enough detail to be workable.  The T8 for the IJN is Amagi a ship canceled by WNT... I point this out just to reinforce that tiering is an age based class by class progression table that applies to all classes regardless of gun size.. Yeah the fire coefficient table.. a hardcoded part of the combat system mechanics is gun size agnostic since it applies to DD's as well as BB's.. age, NOT gun size.  And something that apparently WG management and the super tester's really pay no attention to.    The break at which point you get a new upgrade slot reinforces this since T6 and 7 have the same number and you get a new one with the NC which is...20 years newer then the T6 ships.

This whole "fit into the line" [edited] is just that.. [edited].  Tying tier to gun size in anyway breaks internal game mechanics such that sister ships of the same class now take damage at different rates from the fire coefficient being off.  Belfast and Edinburgh are the finest example of this.. though Belfast has the proper number of upgrade slots for a tier 8 ship she burns like a tier 7 because... she lacks the torpedo tubes?  Extremely poorly thought out game design given that Belfast further can do things with radar and smoke (ostensibly because she has her 1957 update), that the T9 and T10 ships can not... complete, utter, brain dead idiocy from a game design stand point and one that renders the game unbalanceable in the future.

Nelson was the tier 7 ship.. KGV along with the others were all WNT treaty "fast-ish" BB's.. which are now though built at the exact same time as NC her technological inferior in regards upgrade slots and take more damage than her because of the higher fire chance.... oh and you have to balance them against the existing T7 BB's which are 20 years older and put in the game when they were still sticking to some kind of reality based game design... which does not end well.  Should KGV have a "C" hull option that gives her gun layout of Monarch?  YES!  That is what the alternate hulls are FOR.. upgrades of the ship over her life and historical upgrades and alternate versions of the ship...

And people wonder why people post videos on youtube chock a block with colorful language ragging on the company?  

• Cool 1

[DD214]
Members
757 posts
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:22 PM, Magyar5 said:

Sorry, I meant that it depends on how many you get, if you get 1 blueprint, you get Bellerophon, 2, Orion and Bellerophon, 3, Iron Duke, Orion, and Bellerophon. I may be completely wrong and you only need the blueprint from this round of missions to get Iron Duke, but we will see what happens. :cap_tea:

No, you get the ship(s) that corresponds to the blueprints you hold, Mission 1, Tier 3 ship, Mission 2 Tier 4 ship, Mission 3 Tier 5 ship. Have just the third mission, get the T5, have all three, get all three, etc.

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

I received the Orion so that settles this. I think the problem was the awards system was different in other regions and I accidentally went to WOW Asia when trying to double check the mission awards. 

[PVE]
Members
8,798 posts
7,234 battles
1 hour ago, Seamus_44 said:

No, you get the ship(s) that corresponds to the blueprints you hold, Mission 1, Tier 3 ship, Mission 2 Tier 4 ship, Mission 3 Tier 5 ship. Have just the third mission, get the T5, have all three, get all three, etc.

Yep, I have only been back this week and got the Iron Duke as I got the blueprint without realizing it. I had to buy Bellerophon and will have to work to Orion, but since I like earning new ships and the T3 to T4 jump isn't bad, yea for me. :)

[DD214]
Members
757 posts

Enjoy. I've taken them out a couple of times but it's a wall of BBs out there now. Guess I'll hunt some for a few days :)

Sign in to follow this