You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AirshipCanon

I take torp loader on mah Harekaze

15 comments in this topic

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles

If you don't like it, well [edited] off. I'm not here to play by your meta where smoke is a requirment and not having smoke is "ruining the game for everyone else".

[edited], I like that kind of choice.
Do I take smoke or loader?

Make that IJN standard. All IJN DDs should have loader or smoke, kind of like how British Cruisers have Radar or Smoke.

Put more interesting game choices over smoke generators.

Edited by AirshipCanon

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,708 posts
11,324 battles

I run the reload booster on my Yugumo and Shiratsuyu (not that there is a reason to play here anymore). But if I had the Harekaze I think I would go smoke, seems she could take better advantage of it. But whatever, you do you.

Members
241 posts
11 battles

Well, I use TRB too, because with 2 salvos you can easily get a sticky flooding on Tier10 BBs. 

But I am thinking of using smoke and the 100mm with DE +flags, to get three fires on them instead. 

Edited by Helmut__Kohl

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles
19 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I run the reload booster on my Yugumo and Shiratsuyu (not that there is a reason to play here anymore). But if I had the Harekaze I think I would go smoke, seems she could take better advantage of it. But whatever, you do you.

The great thing about Harekaze is that there's so much freedom with how you play her.

The only "Do Not Do this" is A Hull with Smoke. Why would you do that? That's stock Kagero with nothing else to her.

She's a fun ship, and honestly, out of all the premiums I've gotten, my favorite.

Members
253 posts
5,779 battles

In addition to playing my Harakaze with the reload booster, I also play my regular Kagero with it (At least until I get Yuugumo). It's an interesting play style that allows hilarious burst damage and forces you to think a little more about when and how to make aggressive plays. Also the booster still seems to catch people off-guard.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,847 posts
6,817 battles
2 minutes ago, Kirishima_Desu said:

In addition to playing my Harakaze with the reload booster, I also play my regular Kagero with it (At least until I get Yuugumo). It's an interesting play style that allows hilarious burst damage and forces you to think a little more about when and how to make aggressive plays. Also the booster still seems to catch people off-guard.

So does 100mm AP... :Smile_hiding:

[HYDRA]
Members
500 posts
2,510 battles

Well, it would provide some more variety to IJN, and it would be pretty fun (and somewhat of a sorely needed buff seeing the state of IJN DDs right now), although I can't imagine the BBabies would go along with it.

Members
253 posts
5,779 battles
14 minutes ago, GoldPile said:

I don't know that it's quite the same thing... Although at some point maybe I'll toss the 100mm guns on my Harakaze do some experimenting.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,847 posts
6,817 battles
37 minutes ago, Kirishima_Desu said:

I don't know that it's quite the same thing... Although at some point maybe I'll toss the 100mm guns on my Harakaze do some experimenting.

Well they see a IJN DD & laugh, then suddenly a USN DD is being shredded at point blank at 2k per 3 seconds. :cap_rambo:

[MIA-A]
Supertester
505 posts
4,421 battles
1 hour ago, GoldPile said:

Yep.....I am believer now after I have seen GoldPile show me what they can do.

tumblr_nyq695PEh31ubsraso1_500.gif

• Cool 1

[GLF]
Members
767 posts
9,001 battles

How can I take anyone seriously that uses standard DC consumable in a high tier IJN DD?   lol

I go back and forth in my harekaze with smoke and TRB.  About the time i think I have it chosen right, I try it the other way and have consistent games that way too.   Really either works for hari.  If you're more a little gun centric for a torpedo boat, then go smoke.  If you're a little more torpedo centric for a torpedo boat, go TRB.  

+1 to 100mm AP shredding things.   I only run 4-10 hull because AA.