Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

Uk battle mission stage 3 requirements too high

56 comments in this topic

[FARCE]
[FARCE]
Members
13 posts
11,732 battles
3 hours ago, awiggin said:

You kids continue to think that the player base consists of competitive players, when it doesn't, then don't understand why they have trouble doing these tasks.

With these missions, lots of more competent players are playing co-op, that doesn't leave room for the average player to top out.

Perhaps if it calms down, they may have a chance, but not everyone can top the scoring every time, and the competent players using co-op to complete it will leave them short every game.

And beyond that, you're talking to a player with 500 battles...:cap_hmm:

I agree, seen it time and time again. almost 8,000 battles.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,233 posts
4,757 battles

Did it first try in my free Bismarck and 3 kills, 200+ secondary hits and about 80k damage in Coop.  

[-K-]
Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles
6 minutes ago, FratStar4Life said:

What was Stage 3? I do not recall and rarely ever look at the missions :cap_yes:

Be in the top two exp earners on your team. Does not require survival or victory.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,473 posts
19,746 battles
19 minutes ago, Final_Spark said:

Be in the top two exp earners on your team. Does not require survival or victory.

Think did it in co op with my Shokaku while I did the IJN damage mission.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,033 posts
10,170 battles

If the teams are bad it makes this easier not harder. It is hard when the teams are good.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
3,438 posts
17 hours ago, Murbid said:

I've made rank 1 in last 4 seasons.  This past season was particularly annoying and it really drained my love of random and ranked battles.   To counter this, I've started playing a little more co-op to enjoy the game a bit more.  It's sparked an interest into leveling ship lines I had given up on.  I've also found playing some of the ships I own, which I dislike, if I play them in co-op it's a whole different experience and they are enjoyable.

Is it just me?  It sure sounds like you're upset a good player is on your team?  Man I hope not.  All skill levels enjoy co-op occasionally.

No, no- it's just the hyper aggressive playstyle that seems to have taken over since this last ranked season.  I've been grinding several lines lately of either BB's or support type cruisers, and the sub 5 minute matches are getting old... There seems to be a correlation when there are a bunch of ranked players on the team.  Could be confirmation bias, just what I've noticed.  (plus the insignia just stick out in the results screen.)

It's like someone(s) competing to see who can farm the most damage the quickest.  And there's a specific list of ships they use- only those with the highest carry potential.

I totally get where you're coming from- that's why I play Co-op, too.  Got burned out by randoms, and all the usual stuff,  the salt, etc.  It sucked all the fun out of it... I found pve to be a better fit for my style of playing.  (with the added bonus that you really have to be having an awful day before someone gets nasty in chat, lol)  I've never even tried ranked- BECAUSE of the extreme salt content, and all the testamonials on here from ranked players who've been burned out by it,lol.

Of course PVE isn't perfect either,  just more fun and less frustrating.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,438 posts
18 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Thats why I play coop. I dont like playing Atlanta in Randoms, but she's a ton of fun in Coop. Many ships in T5 and T6, which WG has wrecked, are still fun in coop....

That's true- I've seen a lot of players do very well in Atlantas in pve.  As long as the bots aren't looking at YOU, lol.    Furry Taco, Podvoisky, NY, Nurny- all are fun to play there, too.  Arizona can be just plain nasty- as long as the bots aren't lured wayyyyy off to the far side of the map.  Cap brawls with BB's can be insanely fun!!!

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,033 posts
10,170 battles
23 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

There's no difference between coop and random. Both have players to play against (IE Score wise). its not like pve in this game is an instant win either. The AI tends to not miss much. Plus i don't have a tier 8 or 10 to try to cheese the AI with either.

What is this Co-op you speak of? :cap_cool:

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,202 battles

The first part was annoying until I realized Zuihō + Wyoming + PvE = Success. Part 2 and 3 where easy via co-op. Thanks WG!

Members
252 posts
1,756 battles

Play a Clemson or Nicholas in PvE, hug a few islands, then try and do a thunder run or two on cruisers and BBs. If you play it right and get >60k damage and a few kills, you'll have a good shot at top two in a CoOp battle.

[-SYN-]
[-SYN-]
Members
156 posts
7,000 battles

Why do people keep saying "Stage 3?" I'm stuck on Stage 4 also, which is to do 140,00 DAMAGE (not XP) in one battle and survive. That means you have to sink something like x2 North Carolina BBs and a Benson DD all by yourself. Been trying with my Gneisenau and my North Carolina, no luck so far.

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,202 battles
13 minutes ago, EasyEight said:

Why do people keep saying "Stage 3?" I'm stuck on Stage 4 also, which is to do 140,00 DAMAGE (not XP) in one battle and survive. That means you have to sink something like x2 North Carolina BBs and a Benson DD all by yourself. Been trying with my Gneisenau and my North Carolina, no luck so far.

Be happy we don't always get these benevolent WGEU style goals.

[O_O]
Members
4,752 posts
10,338 battles
22 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

True- I've seen more and more ranked players in co-op lately.  It's kind of annoying, most are in the fastest, highest DPM ship they can get their hands on, and the bots get annihilated post haste- mostly before the slower. damage over time type ships can even get TO the fight... 

Guilty.  :Smile_hiding:

Clemson is just silly in Co-op (if you change anything about that, WG, I'm mailing you dog poop!)

Once done with the missions, however, I was back to Randoms.  I did get the 140,000 damage stage in Randoms with Mighty MO, though.  I think it was my best game in her to date.

Edited by desmo_2

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,473 posts
19,746 battles
49 minutes ago, EasyEight said:

Bad luck this time: got 4 times the last ship sniped by another player when I was a few thousand damage below the 140kand had a dot on it. When I reached the 140k I died. Or the game went well but the other team was so bad that half of them was still alive when they reached zero points. 

[INTEL]
Members
9,094 posts
26,624 battles
58 minutes ago, EasyEight said:

Just div with someone who will bring a BB and tank for you, but not shoot. Easy as pie. I am in game right now, send an invite...

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
17,556 battles

If everyone on your team sucks and is Ramboing in and dying right away, then it should be all the easier making the top 2

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,511 battles
On 8/27/2017 at 5:56 PM, xalmgrey said:

There's no difference between coop and random. Both have players to play against (IE Score wise). its not like pve in this game is an instant win either. The AI tends to not miss much. Plus i don't have a tier 8 or 10 to try to cheese the AI with either.

I uh... hmmm, as a PVE main I simply have to say if you can't even get an 85% winrate in co-op, there's something going horribly horribly wrong. 

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,527 posts

I honestly had two or three teams lose in a row in COOP.  I even had one match where the enemy team capped out.  Sad...

Anyways if you go in to a map on a mission then you'll probably lose.  If you just go in to have fun, then you'll be through them all before you know it.

[TBOW]
Members
1,411 posts
11,185 battles

I did stage 4 with the Shima in PvP, just spent like 75% of the game bombing a 4 T10 BBs moving together with 5 torpedo salvos every 30-40 seconds.  Giving them a peak at where I was to keep them worried every 60-70 secs.

[DRACS]
Members
3,904 posts

Not that hard. But I gave up on this week's UK missions due to that whole kill battleships without battleships shizer. Half the games I loaded into had no BBs at all, while the other half had one BB per team being focus fired by *everyone*. So I'll settle for starting at tier 4 instead of 5. Not that I mind too too much ... Orion looks really OP for her tier.

Sign in to follow this