Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

Uk battle mission stage 3 requirements too high

56 comments in this topic

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

Seriously with all the bad pub matches of late getting to be top two spots in XP is pretty high hurdle to get over when your teams constantly rambo in and die. Can't get anywhere close to that when half your team is dead 5 mins in. Change it to something else because that is not cool. Specially on a deadline.

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,422 posts
3,413 battles

Play BBs at T8 or higher in PvE. With the way the AI prioritizes DDs first, you as a BB can likely score plenty of points before the AI starts focusing on you, unless you get in close.

Alternatively, play as a T10 cruiser and just firebomb from range while the AI focuses on the other ships that get close to them first.

Both are convenient ways to cheat the mission and get that rank if you cannot get it normally in lower tier PvE or regular Random.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,957 posts
12,479 battles

It's not that difficult. In fact, it's guaranteed to happen to 16% of the players in the match.

Try coop if that's easier for you.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,440 posts
25,328 battles

Just go to coop, play a DD. Torp and kill one bot DD, two even better. Cap. Get some other miscellaneous damage. You'll be 1 or 2 no problem, because DDs yield huge XP. 

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

There's no difference between coop and random. Both have players to play against (IE Score wise). its not like pve in this game is an instant win either. The AI tends to not miss much. Plus i don't have a tier 8 or 10 to try to cheese the AI with either.

Edited by xalmgrey

Members
3,298 posts
8,040 battles

I did the first 3 mission stages playing DDs in random all in one day - yesterday.  And I only have a 14% WR!  Git gud. 

Edited by lemekillmister

[INTEL]
Members
8,440 posts
25,328 battles
3 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

There's no difference between coop and random. Both have players to play against (IE Score wise). its not like pve in this game is an instant win either. The AI tends to not miss much. Plus i don't have a tier 8 or 10 to try to cheese the AI with either.

xalm, if you are in game, div with me. I will show you how to do it. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,723 posts
11,347 battles

No. It is a quite simple mission.

Anyways, wouldn't it be easier to be top two on a bad team? If your team sucks then you just have to suck less and "bam!" mission completed.

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers
237 posts
5,357 battles

i had a much harder time getting the kill missions done due to RNG screwing me over. top 2 is not hard.

[INTEL]
Members
6,630 posts
25,349 battles

It is actually fairly easy (if not for the lack of BBs the first two days).

I've done it all in coop - No sweat.

[YORHA]
Members
3,260 posts
1 hour ago, xalmgrey said:

I disagree.

OVsX5ZX.jpg

Not sure what happened with the Isokaze mission, but if I recall correctly half our team were bots too.

[SALVO]
Members
16,627 posts
17,300 battles

Good god.  Stage 3 of the UK mission is amazingly easy in coop.

Heck, Stage 2 was also ridiculously easy in coop.  Just ran my Atlanta for 2 battles.  Got 283 ribbons the first battle, and 245 ribbons in the second.

Any high ROF cruiser can doing quickly.  Alternatively, Russian DD's can do it quite well too.

Edited by Crucis

Members
9,868 posts

You kids continue to think that the player base consists of competitive players, when it doesn't, then don't understand why they have trouble doing these tasks.

With these missions, lots of more competent players are playing co-op, that doesn't leave room for the average player to top out.

Perhaps if it calms down, they may have a chance, but not everyone can top the scoring every time, and the competent players using co-op to complete it will leave them short every game.

And beyond that, you're talking to a player with 500 battles...:cap_hmm:

[WOLF9]
Members
3,152 posts
47 minutes ago, awiggin said:

You kids continue to think that the player base consists of competitive players, when it doesn't, then don't understand why they have trouble doing these tasks.

With these missions, lots of more competent players are playing co-op, that doesn't leave room for the average player to top out.

Perhaps if it calms down, they may have a chance, but not everyone can top the scoring every time, and the competent players using co-op to complete it will leave them short every game.

And beyond that, you're talking to a player with 500 battles...:cap_hmm:

True- I've seen more and more ranked players in co-op lately.  It's kind of annoying, most are in the fastest, highest DPM ship they can get their hands on, and the bots get annihilated post haste- mostly before the slower. damage over time type ships can even get TO the fight...  It didn't help that most of today's matches featured the bots that hardly shoot at anything, much less sink anyone, making steamrolls even more likely.

Still, I managed to blast my way through the first 3 missions. (pun intended)  Used Izzy for the 5 BB kills, then switched to Alabama for the others.

Forget everything you've learned playing randoms- you have to be aggressive and wade into the fights.  Playing defense or trying to play the objectives will mostly end up with you on the bottom of the scoreboard- because you had little to shoot at.  With this crowd it's pure kill em all! asap.  I just got out of a match in my New Orleans, where me and a Fiji were totally ignored! by the bots- who all ran to the far side of the map where the others were.  All we got were max range shots at ships sailing away from us, and by the time we got closer, they were sinking the last bot.  We weren't even trying to play defense- we just pushed the wrong side of the map, and the bots went full [edited].  I ended up last with ZERO damage dealt, and he was 2nd to last.  I regretted even hitting play for that snoozer...

Now I'm stuck on mission 4: the do 140,000 thousand damage and survive?   The games are over too quick to accumulate that much damage...  Lol- we need more taters in queue!

I predict it will only get worse, as there are only 4 days left to finish the mission.

Members
9,868 posts
18 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

True- I've seen more and more ranked players in co-op lately.  It's kind of annoying, most are in the fastest, highest DPM ship they can get their hands on, and the bots get annihilated post haste- mostly before the slower. damage over time type ships can even get TO the fight...  It didn't help that most of today's matches featured the bots that hardly shoot at anything, much less sink anyone, making steamrolls even more likely.

Still, I managed to blast my way through the first 3 missions. (pun intended)  Used Izzy for the 5 BB kills, then switched to Alabama for the others.

Forget everything you've learned playing randoms- you have to be aggressive and wade into the fights.  Playing defense or trying to play the objectives will mostly end up with you on the bottom of the scoreboard- because you had little to shoot at.  With this crowd it's pure kill em all! asap.  I just got out of a match in my New Orleans, where me and a Fiji were totally ignored! by the bots- who all ran to the far side of the map where the others were.  All we got were max range shots at ships sailing away from us, and by the time we got closer, they were sinking the last bot.  We weren't even trying to play defense- we just pushed the wrong side of the map, and the bots went full [edited].  I ended up last with ZERO damage dealt, and he was 2nd to last.  I regretted even hitting play for that snoozer...

Now I'm stuck on mission 4: the do 140,000 thousand damage and survive?   The games are over too quick to accumulate that much damage...  Lol- we need more taters in queue!

I predict it will only get worse, as there are only 4 days left to finish the mission.

Probably so. 

But what message is this sending to newer players? That they don't deserve a quick start on a couple RN BB's?

I'm all for missions that encourage players to play, but with WG seemingly already having a hard time retaining players, you'd think they'd look at the player base, and ensure those newer players have a chance too.

As for 140k and survive, they only time I could see doing that in co-op now is late night with low numbers in a tier 8-9-10, where you have a bot team. Then it's a matter of farming damage before your team bots ram....:Smile_teethhappy:

Alpha Tester
2,285 posts
4,368 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

Good god.  Stage 3 of the UK mission is amazingly easy in coop.

Heck, Stage 2 was also ridiculously easy in coop.  Just ran my Atlanta for 2 battles.  Got 283 ribbons the first battle, and 245 ribbons in the second.

Any high ROF cruiser can doing quickly.  Alternatively, Russian DD's can do it quite well too.

For me, second stage I did in Belfast in Co-op.

The 150k damage one I did in Scharnhorst in Random.

M

[CELTS]
Members
80 posts
7,804 battles
49 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I've made rank 1 in last 4 seasons.  This past season was particularly annoying and it really drained my love of random and ranked battles.   To counter this, I've started playing a little more co-op to enjoy the game a bit more.  It's sparked an interest into leveling ship lines I had given up on.  I've also found playing some of the ships I own, which I dislike, if I play them in co-op it's a whole different experience and they are enjoyable.

Is it just me?  It sure sounds like you're upset a good player is on your team?  Man I hope not.  All skill levels enjoy co-op occasionally.

[INTEL]
Members
8,440 posts
25,328 battles
17 minutes ago, Murbid said:

I've made rank 1 in last 4 seasons.  This past season was particularly annoying and it really drained my love of random and ranked battles.   To counter this, I've started playing a little more co-op to enjoy the game a bit more.  It's sparked an interest into leveling ship lines I had given up on.  I've also found playing some of the ships I own, which I dislike, if I play them in co-op it's a whole different experience and they are enjoyable.

Is it just me?  It sure sounds like you're upset a good player is on your team?  Man I hope not.  All skill levels enjoy co-op occasionally.

Thats why I play coop. I dont like playing Atlanta in Randoms, but she's a ton of fun in Coop. Many ships in T5 and T6, which WG has wrecked, are still fun in coop....

• Cool 1

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles

Stage 1: Carrier in Co-Op. Langley with Upgrades is dirt easy win every game:
Send up planes, bait out enemy FTs, kill them while damaging Torp squad. Don't worry about letting enemy bombers through. Killing FTs with your upgraded Fighters matters more. 
Kill next wave of FTs, then go after Torps then DBs.
Focus attacks on an enemy Battleship. Bonus points if someone brought Ark Beta or Inquistor to the party.
Repeat until 5 BB kills.

Stage 2: Just play some games. No need to worry about farming. Play Battleships, like German Sausages or Nagato and farm Secondary hit ribbons.

Stage 3: Go back to bots and kill some crap.

Stage 4: Tier 8+ Destroyer. Pick on fat kids [German Sausages or Iowas]. Alternatively, play a fat kid yourself, and pick on OTHER fat kids. You might want a Wave Motion Gun for that since otherwise, you're possibly not helping your team, and therefore probably going to die and fail.

Stage 5: Bring out your best and give it your all for one game and win.

Edited by AirshipCanon

[FARCE]
Members
13 posts
11,567 battles

The requirements of the challenges are very realistic. If there is a major problem in achievement of the goals, it is either play style (speed kills),  Rambo with no support. or lack of signal use. The challenges will reveal ones weakness in battle and strengths as well. The main goal is to make everyone top notch players and reward them for their progression.

Sign in to follow this