You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Submarine_M1

an idea of a future destroyer for the japanese

14 comments in this topic

[AK]
Members
404 posts
21,863 battles

i figured that the gunboat line for the Japanese dds would be needed to be expanded, so i was curious if this idea might be a good idea for war gaming to take note on.....ik this one is a fake, but there are hardly anymore dds (besides the cold war era) so i was wondering if there is any feedback on this (if it does indeed come to wows, i would like it to have exactly the same skills as the akizuki, besides the t9 and 10 skills slots {the one that has better torpedo reload, faster gun reload, ect....})

what do you all think?

supakazi.jpg

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,304 posts

...........................................................................what.
The name ruined all realism for me.

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,068 posts
7,506 battles

This must be from an alternate reality where Japan didn't learn from the Tomozuru Incident.

[SOUP]
7,304 posts
8 minutes ago, Seraphil said:

This must be from an alternate reality where Japan didn't learn from the Tomozuru Incident.

Or how to spell "Kaze"

Members
4,731 posts
5,464 battles

It's obviously a fake. The name is a dead giveaway. Sounds like a kid trying to emulate the naming scheme of IJN DDs and combined the words "super" and "Kaze", like from kamikaze. To top it off, the picture of the ship is very obviously Akizuki, that's been photoshopped to add an extra torpedo launcher and gun behind the first two.

With that out of the way, there is, I believe, a "Super Akizuki" design that existed, and has been brought up a few times here on the forums. But it would at best only be a T9, meaning that there's still no T10 for the branched line.

Here's the Wikipedia entry on the "Super Akizuki's". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Akizuki-class_destroyer

Basically, it was a design project, but never got farther than that. Their intent would've been to make a faster Akizuki-class destroyer.

Also, here's a Tzoli imagination of what "Super Akizuki" might have looked like. Looks much more feasible, to me at least, and I think it follows closely with the design specifications.

super_akizuki_coloured_by_tzoli-d7phuot.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Members
4,731 posts
5,464 battles
7 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Or how to spell "Kaze"

The number of times I've seen "Kaze" spelled incorrectly is somewhat sad, but unsurprising. Worst offender is usually people trying to spell "Minekaze", and it turns into "Minikazi". :cap_wander:

[AK]
Members
404 posts
21,863 battles
35 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

It's obviously a fake. Sounds like a kid trying to emulate the naming scheme of IJN DDs and combined the words "super" and "Kaze", like from kamikaze.

i did warn that it was a fake, and me being 22 (and almost to 23) would still considered to be a child.....

Edited by Submarine_M1

Members
4,731 posts
5,464 battles
7 minutes ago, Submarine_M1 said:

i did warn that it was a fake, and me being 22 (and almost to 23) would still considered to be a child.....

Ah, my bad then. I misread that part of the sentence. I thought you weren't sure if it was a fake. Abbreviation of full words will do that when reading.

[SOUP]
7,304 posts
1 hour ago, GhostSwordsman said:

The number of times I've seen "Kaze" spelled incorrectly is somewhat sad, but unsurprising. Worst offender is usually people trying to spell "Minekaze", and it turns into "Minikazi". :cap_wander:

• Cool 1

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
566 posts
3,334 battles

My suggestion has always been to bump akizuki up to T9 with relevant buffs, Add the super akizuki (Kitikaze) at T10, and then add the asashio class (shiratsuyu successor) in the akizuki's old place. It'd essentially be a gun focused version of the kagerou.

• Cool 1

[CROOK]
Beta Testers
415 posts
3,108 battles

I would imagine that a continuation the the Akizuki DD tech tree would lead into the IJN's 2 designs for AA cruisers. Supposed "japanese atlanta" of sorts. The T9 variant has no pics to it, just that it was going to have the same armament as the Akizuki, 4x2-100mm guns. No torpedoes mentioned, but it would have spotting aircraft. That combined with smoke and relevant buffs to the Type 98 guns could work if WG classes it as a DD.

The other variant of the project was a true "japanese atlanta", still using the Akizuki's type 98 100mm twin guns, but now possessing 12 turrets. Easily could be balanced as a T10, either as a cruiser or an insane DD with no torps.
59a6e26ee5072_IJNAACruiser.thumb.png.b1268c59adb624bbc4b799cd958e5003.png