You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Malarkey_

Game Mode Idea

6 comments in this topic

[MWM]
Supertester
250 posts
6,674 battles

just some constructive ideas for WoWs devs, but could we have a Attack/Defend mode similar to WoT? It is just the current basic "get caps" mode tend to blur matches together and its getting hard to find excitement in the matches. I really enjoy the operation of the week and I think it would be awesome to have a PvP version of that. I know balance would come into question. But as a example for the Dunkirk mission you could give the attacking side less ships or something. I am confident that a balance could be made so everyone would enjoy it. Just something to break it up a bit so it's not so stale. Thanks for your time. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
299 posts
5,019 battles

more game mods will not work in such a low pop server......in fact we need a lot of modes taken away so that mm can somewhat work properly....I say get rid of everything, start at the beginning with capture the flag/deathmatch....improve that until its really good then start adding the other modes

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,571 battles
22 minutes ago, Sn0vvman said:

deathmatch

giphy.gif

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,294 battles
1 hour ago, Sn0vvman said:

more game mods will not work in such a low pop server......in fact we need a lot of modes taken away so that mm can somewhat work properly....I say get rid of everything, start at the beginning with capture the flag/deathmatch....improve that until its really good then start adding the other modes

The idea wouldn't be to add them as different modes like Coop vs Random vs Operations, etc.  The proper idea would be for them to act as a different mission/map combo in Random battles, so that every random battle wasn't just the choice of  Standard vs Domination with a few Epicenters thrown in there.

I've suggested that the old Encounter mode should be added, but with a twist.  Rather than stick the encounter cap in the center of whatever map like a single Epicenter cap, the Encounter cap should be placed to the side of the map and the two teams' spawns should form a triangle with the cap.  And the mission would be similar to standard, destroy all the enemy's ships or cap the base.  In this version of Encounter, it'd be sort of a race to see which team could get to the base and cap it out first, with a long running slugging match along the way.  

Here are a couple of map examples for this Encounter mode.

1) Use the Hotspot map and place the cap where the current "C" domination mode cap is, in the warren's nest of islands in the east.  Then place the two teams' spawns in the NW and SW.

2) Use the Newport base map from operations, and place the cap deep in the inner harbor.  Then place the two team's spawns in appropriate locations outside the harbor.

• Cool 1