You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

27 comments in this topic

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,221 battles

Just got out of a Tier VII-IX game on Estuary where I saw one of the most unsportsmanlike responses in the game to date. I was in the south spawn and moved to A cap with a New Orleans, Kutuzov and a Fletcher. I at the time was in my Missouri. We moved for the A cap and the Fletcher proceeded to begin to cap it. An enemy Akizuki was spotted trying to cap as well, so our group started to engage it. After receiving fire the enemy DD smoked up and vanished. An enemy Atlanta popped radar and pelted our Fletcher with HE fire. We could not hit him due to the island he was behind. The Fletcher was able to retreat, however he said: "I quit, no support from you *insert insult here.*" He then turned his DD south to the southwestern corner of the map and went afk for the rest of the match. After over 2,000 games in WoWS, this is the first time I have seen a player actively sabotage his team because he thought he was cheated. Thank goodness for the report feature.

Edited by Usedcarjock
A cap not D cap

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,710 posts
11,324 battles

Didn't even cause me to raise an eyebrow. Sad, but it's apart of online gaming. I'd be curious if that behavior was a constant across all servers or more of a NA/EU thing? 

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

the report function in game doesn't actually do anything other than karma rating, or automated chat bans for those extra special snowflakes.

if you see someone doing something like this, a support ticket is the only thing that might actually have something done about it.

[NG-NL]
Members
4,958 posts
8,103 battles

So a Fletcher has a problem....with his counter?

giphy.gif

Seriously, all he had to do was get closer to the island (at certain range ATL's shell arcs won't reach him) and as radar winded down he's in a good position to launch torps while rest of you move up. But whatever, sometimes you see a very brain dead player.

Edited by Reymu
  • Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,747 posts
6,706 battles
18 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Just got out of a Tier VII-IX game on Estuary where I saw one of the most unsportsmanlike responses in the game to date. I was in the south spawn and moved to A cap with a New Orleans, Kutuzov and a Fletcher. I at the time was in my Missouri. We moved for the A cap and the Fletcher proceeded to begin to cap it. An enemy Akizuki was spotted trying to cap as well, so our group started to engage it. After receiving fire the enemy DD smoked up and vanished. An enemy Atlanta popped radar and pelted our Fletcher with HE fire. We could not hit him due to the island he was behind. The Fletcher was able to retreat, however he said: "I quit, no support from you *insert insult here.*" He then turned his DD south to the southwestern corner of the map and went afk for the rest of the match. After over 2,000 games in WoWS, this is the first time I have seen a player actively sabotage his team because he thought he was cheated. Thank goodness for the report feature.

Submit a ticket along with a replay to WG. Intentionally AFKing is forbidden by TOS and may lead to a ban. 

• Cool 2

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,221 battles
34 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Submit a ticket along with a replay to WG. Intentionally AFKing is forbidden by TOS and may lead to a ban. 

Yea one of our teammates did that exact thing, so hopefully it works out. Regardeless we still won the match one way or another.

[AFW-]
Members
248 posts
9,708 battles

and today a taiho player said no way he could get top xp in match and flooded himself. this was less then 5 mins into the game

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,221 battles
1 minute ago, Apewar said:

and today a taiho player said no way he could get top xp in match and flooded himself. this was less then 5 mins into the game

Had a Taiho player today launch planes then afk after saying the same thing. Probably same guy.

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
13 minutes ago, Apewar said:

And I'll be doing it until I finish this crappy campaign mission.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
6 minutes ago, issm said:

And I'll be doing it until I finish this crappy campaign mission.

I want to disapprove of this- not that it matters- but strangely I don't. I probably would light the world on fire if you were on my team when you did it... but some of these missions are [edited]stupid and this is what happens. 

[D_DOG]
[D_DOG]
Members
128 posts
8,028 battles

what's the point in doing that?  I'm working on the campaign too - I don't quit just because what I need to accomplish it isn't in that particular match...

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles

This is pretty much par for the course.

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
2 minutes ago, SocksRevenge said:

what's the point in doing that?  I'm working on the campaign too - I don't quit just because what I need to accomplish it isn't in that particular match...

Because I have better things to do than bash my head against the most stressful, unrewarding, and frustrating bullcrap this game has to offer if I'm not pushing towards my goals.

CVs might be OP, but they're friggen awful to play, unless you get a perfect match where your opponent is completely incompetent.

And even then, thanks to CVs screwed up earnings ratios, you're likely to get crap rewards even when you do roflstomp the enemy.

(Because apparently a kraken, 4 kills of which were devastating strikes, isn't enough to be top exp)

[HINON]
Members
8,834 posts
51 minutes ago, Apewar said:

Send in a support ticket when you see that behavior as it is a rule violation.

Beta Testers
162 posts
9,804 battles

I don't see a problem with that. It's a game. It's for fun and if you are playing a match in a game you basically have hit a yes button to accept that people do what they consider as fun.

If this would be a e Sport event or work then it is a different matter, but games are for fun, nothing else. To me trying to elevate a game to the level of work or regulated sport by using terms like professionalism or sportsmanship is the actual despicable act.

[AFW-]
Members
248 posts
9,708 battles
1 minute ago, Nergy said:

I don't see a problem with that. It's a game. It's for fun and if you are playing a match in a game you basically have hit a yes button to accept that people do what they consider as fun.

If this would be a e Sport event or work then it is a different matter, but games are for fun, nothing else. To me trying to elevate a game to the level of work or regulated sport by using terms like professionalism or sportsmanship is the actual despicable act.

when you hit the yes button you agree to play the game in the spirit it was designed for. if you are going to cry about the match 3 mins into it please uninstall. 

• Cool 1

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
25 minutes ago, Apewar said:

when you hit the yes button you agree to play the game in the spirit it was designed for. if you are going to cry about the match 3 mins into it please uninstall. 

When I hit the yes button, I agree to exactly what the EULA says, and nothing more.

The EULA says nothing about "trying to win".

It does not ban AFKing or suicide UNLESS you're doing it repetitively to grind credits/exp.

• Cool 1

[AFW-]
Members
248 posts
9,708 battles

you quit the game without trying. you left us sans a CV. why did you queue up in a cv if you were going to quit in 3 mins

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
49 minutes ago, Apewar said:

you quit the game without trying. you left us sans a CV. why did you queue up in a cv if you were going to quit in 3 mins

Simple.

Because I had a mission that says I need to place as top exp in a T9+ CV.

If completing the mission is not possible, I'm not going to force myself to play a ship that's completely unenjoyable to play with no redeeming features after the first 2-3 matches. ("Winning" being completely irrelevant as far as I'm concerned).

Edited by issm

[-V-]
Members
803 posts
3,613 battles

This is not new. Started playing a year ago and have seen this a lot. And after checking the player in question, they were mostly high ranked with a WR near or above 60. I read in thread, that most of the "salty" players were usually high ranked, and some even so called "unicums" Go figure. Putting in a complaint to CS won't accomplish anything. We just have to live with this.

[TAFY3]
Beta Testers
429 posts
5,929 battles

Why do any of you care what anyone else does in the game?  So what if someone went AFK, or DCd, or hurt you feelings.  It is just a game.  Start up another Battle, and play your best.  Why waste time complaining about something you can't change?

[NG-NL]
Members
4,958 posts
8,103 battles
19 hours ago, issm said:

Simple.

Because I had a mission that says I need to place as top exp in a T9+ CV.

If completing the mission is not possible, I'm not going to force myself to play a ship that's completely unenjoyable to play with no redeeming features after the first 2-3 matches. ("Winning" being completely irrelevant as far as I'm concerned).

That's a tough achievement, but I've done it before. It's a small adjustment to my crocodile playstyle with these fundamental rules:

1) Spot, spot, spot, and spot. Beat DDs to it, especially concerning any stealth-build CA and DD. Damage done from your spotting is a serious base XP source, especially if you F3 the stealth-target and team cooperates with focusfire.

2) DS the DDs only if they are away from friendly AA. Let the fools running AA-spec US DD and Grozo be your team's prey, just get the general direction and spot torps.

3) CAs are your best bet for the most base XP, if you catch one yoloing. Only AA-spec Minotaur is immune if you have your bombers come from 5 directions at once, as enough will survive to drop for most of its HP.

4) TB and DB to force BB to use DC (F3 the target, tell team you're doing TB or DB run, and ask they exploit the DC being used). A flank collapses quickly at Taiho's tier if the BBs fall quickly.

5) Park fighters on flank you're supporting far out enough to spot torps, and tell team which sector you're torp-spotting. Good players will take advantage and move up.

6) Use strafe or fighter-lock for incoming bombers or fighters, respectively. Even just dropping 1 bomber group per strafe can fluster your opponent's confidence. Remind teammates to pls focus AA on fighters.

Most of this is second nature to me. Target base XP is 1400. I usually come within 200 or exceed--that depends how long the match lasts. If one team collapses quickly, I've found getting top XP requires ignoring BBs and going after DDs and CAs for the heavy damage.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,107 posts
18,631 battles
On 27.8.2017 at 7:51 PM, Usedcarjock said:

Was in that match. Just very bad behavior. He nearly cost us the victory. I was behind him with my MK but he charged into the cap without any chance that the support could position themselves. Extrem childish.