You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Thraxian

Supercontainers

23 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
749 posts
6,824 battles

I find it quite amusing that, despite opening 2-3 containers per day on average, that I have not received a supercontainer since April 2nd.

Yet on the public test server, having only played a few matches per patch, I've received 3 supercontainers in the same period of time, the latest being 25 dragon flags...:Smile_facepalm:

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
293 posts

That wasn't amusing at all.  I didn't even chortle.

[CELTS]
Members
80 posts
7,802 battles

You must just be really unlucky.  In that same time frame, I've gotten 12 super containers, not including the special event/mission super containers.  If you add 3 days to that, since Mar 31, I've gotten 13 so far.

I'm guessing you don't choose "Try Your Luck" most of the time?  I choose "Try Your Luck" at least 95% of the time.

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
749 posts
6,824 battles
21 minutes ago, Vulgarr said:

That wasn't amusing at all.  I didn't even chortle.

It was sarcasm.

1 minute ago, Murbid said:

You must just be really unlucky.  In that same time frame, I've gotten 12 super containers, not including the special event/mission super containers.  If you add 3 days to that, since Mar 31, I've gotten 13 so far.

I'm guessing you don't choose "Try Your Luck" most of the time?  I choose "Try Your Luck" at least 95% of the time.

I gave up on TYL containers back in January. I found I got more benefits from the "Flags and Camo" option.

That being said, I choose "flags and camo" every time on the PT server too, yet I get SC's all the time there...

[CELTS]
Members
80 posts
7,802 battles

1 minute ago, Thraxian said:

That being said, I choose "flags and camo" every time on the PT server too, yet I get SC's all the time there...

This could be your main problem.  Your comparing live server to a "Test" server.  Test is used to test, and I bet you anything, you have a 30%(random number here, insert any number you feel necessary for the point I'm making) higher chance on test to get a SC, just so you can test stuff with modules occasionally

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
749 posts
6,824 battles
7 minutes ago, Murbid said:

This could be your main problem.  Your comparing live server to a "Test" server.  Test is used to test, and I bet you anything, you have a 30%(random number here, insert any number you feel necessary for the point I'm making) higher chance on test to get a SC, just so you can test stuff with modules occasionally

But I've never received a module on PT. I've received Cash, 50k free XP, 250 dragon flags, 25 dragon flags.... Nothing really useful for the test server...

Edited by Thraxian

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
293 posts

It was sarcasm.

So was mine

Edited by Vulgarr

[CELTS]
Members
80 posts
7,802 battles

So.... you're deliberately choosing an option with a lesser chance at a SC. 

Then you sarcastically find it amusing that you got the exact results you chose?

• Cool 1

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
749 posts
6,824 battles
2 minutes ago, Murbid said:

So.... you're deliberately choosing an option with a lesser chance at a SC. 

Then you sarcastically find it amusing that you got the exact results you chose?

So you deliberately fail to understand the point of my post, then try to make fun of me?

I said that I get more SC's on the PT server choosing the EXACT SAME option as on live server. That's all.

[CELTS]
Members
80 posts
7,802 battles

Ok, how about a little theory?

My guess is... at the start of Super Container (SC) system, WG kept the non-Try Your Luck(TYL) SC win % high, too keep interest in the system, and keep non-TYL'ers happy. 

Results were : everyone was getting SC, no matter what option they chose, were mostly positive about the system.  Win win for everyone.

Then the true % numbers were implemented,  and now 6 months later, tons of forum complaints about not winning SC when choosing something other than TYL option.

This is all just speculation, but My results are pretty even with others I've spoken to who still chose TYL most of the time.  I have several friends who rarely get SC, but they also rarely chose TYL. 

It's a dice roll either way, but if you really want SC's, chose TYL.  If you really don't care about SC and would rather have flags, chose flags.  Just please don't complain about not getting SC when you aren't even trying to help yourself get a SC.

Edited by Murbid

[VIKNG]
[VIKNG]
Beta Testers
376 posts
6,016 battles

As for me, I would probably not leave the house for days after getting a Supercontainer for fear of getting struck by Lightning.  :Smile_hiding:

I haven't gotten a SC since the Graf Spee event.   :Smile_sceptic:

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

i hadn't gotten super containers in a long while (aside from the ones from missions). i mostly pick flag containers.

suddenly this past week, i got 3 super containers in 2 days picking the flag containers. 2 of them were in a row.

you never know when your luck is about to change.

[POP]
Members
1,223 posts
7,991 battles

I haven't gotten a supercontainer from experience rewards this year (usually 2 containers a day, lately 3 with the UK missions). 

I did get a Sims from the Christmas special event. 

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
749 posts
6,824 battles
3 hours ago, OgreMkV said:

I haven't gotten a supercontainer from experience rewards this year (usually 2 containers a day, lately 3 with the UK missions). 

I did get a Sims from the Christmas special event. 

I got the Nikolai and Gremy from the xmas event.... That was pretty cool...

Members
499 posts
7,162 battles
1 minute ago, Vaitmana said:

Do yamamoto campaign, it rewards with SCs

I just won the Mutsu out of a campaign container, quite pleased with that.    Regular SC drops though, I think I've got 2 in the last 3-4 months. 

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles

I just got an SC today. 100 of the +50% Commander XP flags. Yay.

...Last SC I got before that had an Emden in it.

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
749 posts
6,824 battles

So I've been doing nothing but TYL containers for the last couple of days, and I finally got my 1st SC since April.

It had the hydro mod 1 in it. I guess I'll put that with the other hydro mod I never use and keep trying....

[BBC]
Members
907 posts
12,223 battles

Hydro mod are very useful on cruisers and German DDs.  A must have for ranked too.

Members
1,501 posts
7,911 battles

Hey

I finally got a super container today (been a good while since the last) and it had 100X India Yankee signals (-20% fire fighting).  At least it's something I can use!

Pete