You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vak_

Don't mess with Texas

30 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,752 posts
6,734 battles

d45ycAb.jpg

I think this was pretty effective as far as show-and-tell rebuttals go :cap_haloween:

P.S. Also, any BB player that thinks cruiser HE is too powerful should mull over this screenshot a bit.

• Cool 8

[-VT3-]
Members
1,610 posts
3,346 battles

Texas is a fun ship.  It's maybe not as good as some others, but certainly not bad.  Its main problem is that it gets uptiered far, far too often.  

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers
237 posts
5,357 battles
2 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

Texas is a fun ship.  It's maybe not as good as some others, but certainly not bad.  Its main problem is that it gets uptiered far, far too often.  

yeah. She's a fun ship, less so in tier 7 matches.

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,752 posts
6,734 battles
2 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

Yup. I only bring Texas out when I notice a bunch of low-tier carriers in the queue -- more chance of a low-tier battle, and Texas loves munching on airplanes.

In the game above, I had two enemy carriers and ended up with 19 airplane kills.

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers
237 posts
5,357 battles
1 minute ago, vak_ said:

Yup. I only bring Texas out when I notice a bunch of low-tier carriers in the queue -- more chance of a low-tier battle, and Texas loves munching on airplanes.

In the game above, I had two enemy carriers and ended up with 19 airplane kills.

pretty much the only carrier in Tex i fear is Saipan: Her tier 9 planes have too much HP to kill before they launch.

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
293 posts
4 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

OMG This^^^^

I used to love breaking her out once in a while.  But I almost never do anymore because I got sick of being outrun and outgunned by 7's.

Members
617 posts
7,280 battles

It would be freaking more hilarious if he was the one who got owned in that devastating strike 

• Cool 3

[-VT3-]
Members
1,610 posts
3,346 battles
7 minutes ago, vak_ said:

It's fun if you can div-up with, say..  a Langley and another Texas, for example.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

My second ever Krakan was in the old gal. I'd say shes a great old warship. :Smile_great:

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

For being free it is a nice ship, the only thing that hurts her is the MM as WG has it right now.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

My only issue with Texas is the same as a lot of mid to low tier BBs. Top speed. Aside from having the battle wrap up on your flank and being unable to reach the other flank before the round ends, she's a great ship I think. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,752 posts
6,734 battles
53 minutes ago, DJ_PON3_ZaNe said:

It would be freaking more hilarious if he was the one who got owned in that devastating strike 

I know! Well, "you can't always get what you want"

Also, the person saying that was the enemy Zuiho, and his airplanes did get owned (my Texas is full on AA spec). So there is that. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,752 posts
6,734 battles
51 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

It's fun if you can div-up with, say..  a Langley and another Texas, for example.

Protip: that way Texas will land in a tier 4-5 battle with a 99.9% probability, unless there is another T4 CV + T5 ship division in the queue. And will have easy-to-kill enemy airplanes on top of that!

[LRM]
Members
2,560 posts
4,924 battles

Unpopular opinion here, but I love New York. It's my favorite battleship. The only other one I think is slightly better is Arizona, but that is because I am from AZ and a bunch of others reasons too so yeah.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,610 posts
3,346 battles
1 minute ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

Unpopular opinion here, but I love New York. It's my favorite battleship. The only other one I think is slightly better is Arizona, but that is because I am from AZ and a bunch of others reasons too so yeah.

Arizona is a solid ship as well, with superb gunnery characteristics at its tier.  Its main problem is that it's too slow to adjust to changing battle situations.  I've had many games in AZ where I did a ton of damage, sank a ton of ships... and lost.

[LRM]
Members
2,560 posts
4,924 battles
Just now, DerKrampus said:

Arizona is a solid ship as well, with superb gunnery characteristics at its tier.  Its main problem is that it's too slow to adjust to changing battle situations.  I've had many games in AZ where I did a ton of damage, sank a ton of ships... and lost.

Yep, I love her for that exact same reason. Especially when you dev strike a Scharnhorst with her. Oh man, the ocean suddenly becomes 51% salt. 

How do you do in New York? Personally, maybe it's because I click with her. I feel dirty playing her and think she is a little OP, but that's probably because I do well. She got me my first Kracken. 

[-VT3-]
Members
1,610 posts
3,346 battles
21 minutes ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

Yep, I love her for that exact same reason. Especially when you dev strike a Scharnhorst with her. Oh man, the ocean suddenly becomes 51% salt. 

How do you do in New York? Personally, maybe it's because I click with her. I feel dirty playing her and think she is a little OP, but that's probably because I do well. She got me my first Kracken. 

I don't really play New York that often, as I've not made an effort of going down the USN BB tree.  That said, AA aside the Texas is the same ship, and I generally do quite well in it.

[RKLES]
Members
7,106 posts
8,758 battles
5 hours ago, DerKrampus said:

2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

I also enjoy the Texas. She can pawn onwards with an experienced player at the helm.

Yeah I love my Texas and does pretty well considering how often she is uptiered. And does provide decent credits and a way to get a Captain trained.

[5D]
Members
1,217 posts
7,119 battles
5 hours ago, DerKrampus said:

The Texas has never been sunk in the digital world, or the live world, or the spiritual world. Like the Country she is named after... she dominates in perpetuity.

If you've ever seen her "sunk" then I advise counselling. You likely have an affliction.

Edited by Spartias
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,441 posts
25,340 battles
5 hours ago, Vulgarr said:

OMG This^^^^

I used to love breaking her out once in a while.  But I almost never do anymore because I got sick of being outrun and outgunned by 7's.

Ditto. I haven't played her in Random since they wrecked T5-6 to sell more T7-8 premiums. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,778 posts
12,906 battles

I play her now and then.  Up tier'd isn't that bad.  Those 14 inchers do a number on T7 cruisers just fine.  Even T7 BBs have to respect 'em.