Trevzor

Graf Zeppelin Update From Developers

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

256 posts in this topic

I have a lot of respect for this post WG; thank you. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

This is extraordinary, well done Wargaming! What a mature and thoughtful post. I am so glad that there will be a positive resolution to this matter, really classy!

9 minutes ago, Trevzor said:

1. Starting from now we will remove the ship from sales.

2. All owners of GZ will be invited to provide feedback about her and to communicate with the dev team alongside with community contributors, super testers and WG employees in a special Facebook group created specifically for this purpose. This could take a while, as we believe there will be different options to try out, while it will also be the first time we try something like this. We hope that together we can get it right and make Graf Zeppelin great again.

3. After the balancing process is over and the finalized version of the ship goes live there will be an exclusivity period of 3 months. This means that GZ will not go on sale during this time and will only be available for these original owners.

4. We will also create a custom permanent camouflage for GZ, which will only be available for players who bought the original ship. Players will also be invited to take part in the creative process to figure out what this camouflage will look like.

As an early adopter and volunteer bullseye in random battles ; 

1. Good, whatever.

2. You're welcome, just don't touchy my HE dbs and buff the fighters, problem solved!

3. No problem

4. Angry Birds camo please.

first time i see wg apologizing , thats actually a good news

but the 3 months after balance before we can buy one ? gah .... thats like another 6 months  of waiting , i was hoping for that ship when i was playing beta  :/

Nice job here.  It is nice to see this kind of response from War Gaming.  It is nice too that you are taking this seriously, and I think your response here is a wise one and well thought out one too.  Kudos for this.

Now I wish I bought it. First ship I didn't get and now a special camo :P

Glad to see common sense come through

Actually makes me sorry that I didn't buy the GZ just so I could be part of the process of "fixing" her.  

Well done WG.

Is Wargaming reinstating iChase as a community contributer and giving him prerelease access to ships back? I'll accept the apology if so... 

Respectable handling of the situation with mistakes admitted to and plan for addressing them in place. +1 WG

1 minute ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Actually makes me sorry that I didn't buy the GZ just so I could be part of the process of "fixing" her.  

Well done WG.

same here :(

All things considered I think this is the best possible outcome

Solid +1.  I must say I am impressed (and surprised) with this. Hope y'all can work things out with iChase.

Having look just at the specs and posting my observations on the Pigeon's Nest, WG has a number of options.  WG can just simply downgrade the Graf Zeppelin to Tier 4/5 and reduce the price of purchase accordingly.  This CV would function well at that Tier level, especially with the AP bombs.  Keeping the ship at Tier 8 would require aircraft changes in speed, damage points per second, and other factors.  The Graf Zeppelin needs to be an equal to the Enterprise, a good Tier 8 ship.  The Germans just were not capable of this and even if the real Graf Zep had been finished and used in time for World War II, it would have been still an experimental ship.

Astrosaint

Good response of course but let's hope WG has learned so this does not happen ever again.

We can't ignore the fact that it happened, but we also can't ignore that you are listening to the community and trying to remedy the problem.  

On the other hand, we do have to remember that people are not machines expected to perform perfection every time.  We are all humans, we get angry, we make mistakes, and while the consequences of these errors shouldn't be ignored, their causes should also be understood.

Alright, that's pretty reasonable.

Slightly sad I'll be missing out on a permanent camo and providing feedback, but c'est la vie.