Creepershark77

Potential Unique German Commander

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

82 posts in this topic

Since we now have both a US and a Japanese unique commander, I suppose the next thing to do is for wargaming to create a unique commander for Germany. Why, you might ask? Well for just one reason as to why: It is one of the most developed tech tree so far in the game, excluding the US and the Japanese tech trees of course, so it only makes sense for one of the more developed nations to get a unique commander as oppose to any of the other nations thus far. But anyway, the German Admiral who I believe should be wargaming's next unique commander is Erich Raeder, as he was the grand admiral of the German Navy from the beginning of World War II, and served in the German Navy from 1894 to 1943, and was the Chief of Staff for Admiral Hipper in 1912 and served alongside him throughout World War I, and even played a major role in the Battle of Jutland with Hipper's battlecruiser force. For that reason, I feel like he would make an excellent choice as a unique commander for Germany, as he played a major role in the naval history of World War II.

I doubt your going to get a Nazi special commander, it will most likely be Scheer or Hipper.  Imperial Germans are so less threatening than Nazi ones.  

Is till think the 1st German Commander will be Karl von Müller.  Just personal Opinion

Doubt we will see any Nazi commanders in the game, WG wants to be able to market it's content globally. 

13 minutes ago, Creepershark77 said:

Since we now have both a US and a Japanese unique commander

You forgot Jack.  :Smile_sad:

Just now, vonKaiser said:

Is till think the 1st German Commander will be Karl von Müller.  Just personal Opinion

:Smile_great: Agreed.

What do you think his specials would be... :cap_yes:

1 minute ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

You forgot Jack.  :Smile_sad:

Sorry, I was gone for about 2 months so I completely forgot about Jack as a result.

2 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

:Smile_great: Agreed.

What do you think his specials would be... :cap_yes:

Perhaps a slight buff to Concealment Expert due to his raiding.  Hard to balance that though so perhaps make it so it only effects Cruisers with a more minor buff to DD's/BB's

5 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

What about Tirpitz?

5 minutes ago, Creepershark77 said:

Sorry, I was gone for about 2 months so I completely forgot about Jack as a result.

It's okay, at least you remember the most important historical commander: Steven Seagal. :cap_like:

But with a whole bunch of anime girls and Steve, one has to ask if it has to be a historical commander. The historical accuracy puritans will disagree strongly, but I'd like to have Arnold Schwarzenegger. Because the thought of sailing my Scharnhorst around with Arnie's Austrian accented cheesy one-liners coming through the sound speakers would be hilarious.  

ab12ts.jpg

Schwarzenegger voiced captain pls!

Edited by Ju87s

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Hipper would be a better unique commander, as he was both a successful and aggressive naval commander during World War I, also his unique traits would be +5% to ship's top speed and +25% to firing range of secondaries, main battery guns of 139mm or less, and AA with AFT.

it's going to be hard to get a ww2 german commander since the masses can't know what divides the german navy from the german army and SS.

graf spee commander perhaps,his conduct was good.

yamamoto became a commander even if the IJN were not exactly saints too.

1 hour ago, vonKaiser said:

Perhaps a slight buff to Concealment Expert due to his raiding.  Hard to balance that though so perhaps make it so it only effects Cruisers with a more minor buff to DD's/BB's

Maybe a faster rest on his concealment after firing his guns, like 15 secs instead, but only on cruisers.

14 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

it's going to be hard to get a ww2 german commander since the masses can't know what divides the german navy from the german army and SS.

nobody gives a crap.  People play German ships anyway.  Nobody sees the Bismarck and thinks "oh no, I won't play that Auschwitz ship!"  And the "masses" that you speak of wouldn't even recognize the name of whatever German commander they put in the game regardless.  It's a non-issue.

Edited by Ju87s

Just now, Ju87s said:

nobody gives a crap.  People play German ships regardless.  Nobody sees the Bismarck and thinks "oh no, I won't play that Auschwitz ship!"  And the "masses" that you speak of wouldn't even recognize the name of whatever German commander they put in the game regardless.  It's a non-issue.

you actually have a point,the wows playerbase are not ignorant but still,we are still speculating.

1 hour ago, Creepershark77 said:

the German Admiral who I believe should be wargaming's next unique commander is Erich Raeder

I'm going to vote no on a guy who was a Nazi and a convicted war criminal.

2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

We have already passed that point in this topic.

2 minutes ago, Creepershark77 said:

We have already passed that point in this topic.

I haven't. My brakes locked up right there.

Just now, Umikami said:

I haven't. My brakes locked up right there.

Well, we're already discussing World War I admirals by now.

1 minute ago, Creepershark77 said:

Well, we're already discussing World War I admirals by now.

"WE" aren't discussing anything; you are trying to get me to drop the fact you want a NAZI War Criminal as a "special" captain.

I said "no", and I will again.

If you want a real German hero, and a very special Kapitan, use Kapitanleutnant Felix Von Luckner.

14 minutes ago, Umikami said:

what specifically did he do wrong?  He's a "war criminal" for being a successful and competent military leader for the "bad guys."

1 minute ago, Ju87s said:

what specifically did he do wrong?

He was indicted on three counts: (1) conspiracy to commit crimes against peace, war crimes, and crimes against humanity; (2) planning, initiating, and waging wars of aggression; and (3) crimes against the laws of war. Raeder was found guilty on all the counts

4 minutes ago, Umikami said:

He was indicted on three counts: (1) conspiracy to commit crimes against peace, war crimes, and crimes against humanity; (2) planning, initiating, and waging wars of aggression; and (3) crimes against the laws of war. Raeder was found guilty on all the counts

copypaste from wikipedia without any specifics.  I'll just take that as you don't actually know anything about him at all.

Edited by Ju87s